Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

20 Pages«<17181920>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Elsparrow  
#271 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2005 11:47:39 AM(UTC)
Elsparrow

Groups: Registered

Artic Silencer. Its an HIS card so it comes pre-fitted just with different colours etc.
Offline Lou784  
#272 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2005 11:56:36 AM(UTC)
Lou784

quote:

Originally posted by: Drago
Elsp dont get upset, it is just a vid card, and it doesnt matter if something is better than it if it does what you want and how you want it. Listen eslp, the 6800GT is the same core that is in the 6800ultra and can be clocked to ultra speeds and beyond. My scores are crap really, considering my stock cooler is limiting me. If i raise the core anymore it throtles and my performance goes to [censored]. Sucks cause when i play FEAR, at stock settings my card throtles if i play the game long enough.

Your x800xl is a good card, you just need to do some tweaking around with it.

Lou, dude i just noticed that you didnt finish the entire 3dmark03 bench, you just ran through the games. Try going through it again the whole way and see what it does to your score.

Drago, the CPU tests in the 3dmark benches don't have any effect on the total score, only the game tests effect the overall score from what I understand. But I'll try it anyways, I'm pretty sure its not gonna be any different though.
Offline Elsparrow  
#273 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2005 11:57:58 AM(UTC)
Elsparrow

Actually they do have some effect on the score.
Offline Drago  
#274 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2005 12:03:37 PM(UTC)
Drago

in 3dmark 03 you dont just do the cpu tests you do feature tests and sound tests as well which definitly impact your score. in 3dmark 05 it probably doesnt do much at all but in 03 there is more than just the cpu tests that are done.

Does the pci-e have an equivilant of agp fastwrites, cause disabling those on my card dropped my score 200pts but let me oc 20mhz higher. The only thing holding me back now is my crappy stock cooling. Once i get my zalman on there it should be much cooler and oc much better.
Offline Elsparrow  
#275 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2005 12:11:00 PM(UTC)
Elsparrow

Not that I am aware of.

I ought to be happy really as most things run on high settings on what I play. Besides next August/September its being replaced with something with the ability to take the input from a PS2 and display that on my monitor as well as have more power for gaming.

All I need to do now is get new monitor, better RAM and finish my sodding water kit off but the company I ordered a part for it off said expected shipping date was thursday and if any delays I would be emailed and the goods aint been shipped and no emails sent..
Offline Lou784  
#276 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2005 12:54:04 PM(UTC)
Lou784

Ok I'm finally back. While running 3dmark03 at 299 HTT with the cpu tests it wasn't full stable. So what I did was run 3dmark03 at my everyday clock speed settings, one run with game tests only and 1 with cpu and sound tests to show you it makes very little if any difference at all.

Here is my run with the game tests only:

Offline Lou784  
#277 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2005 12:57:37 PM(UTC)
Lou784

Now here is the run with all tests; game tests, cpu, and sound tests:

As you can see it actually scored a bit higher with the other test being run. And it was significant enough I'll say to have run all test everytime you run a bench. I'm a member of a lot of forums, and I was always told that just running the game tests compared to running it with the cpu tests doesn't make a big enough impact to reflect a large change in score like I just showed in these two comparisions.
Offline Drago  
#278 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2005 1:39:16 PM(UTC)
Drago

Not a big diff my ass. Look at your first posted 03 score, it was 13622, now since your cpu oc wasnt stable you had to drop the speed down and then you scores were 12996 and 12980. True there isnt much diff between using the cpu test and others vs not at the same speed, but look at the diff it did make.

You had to drop your oc on your cpu and in doing that your score went from 13622 to 12996. Dude that is a 626 point drop. There is a reason as to why you cannot submit your scores to the ORB if you dont complete the entire benchmark.
Offline Lou784  
#279 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2005 1:46:44 PM(UTC)
Lou784

Ya notice my video card was at XT speeds in tha previous bench. and not XT PE that made a huge difference too. My other bench was with my video card at 540 / 589 while this bench was at 520 / 540. The whole point of me running those 2 tests was too show you that running the game tests only compared to running all the test doesn't make a difference. If you see there is 16 point difference. I think your just mad cause I'm right and your wrong.
Offline Elsparrow  
#280 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2005 2:13:05 PM(UTC)
Elsparrow

Lou don't throw accusations on us who have been here more. The 3dmark CPU tests are a good way to test stability. Did you even run Prime95 when overclocking your CPU to stress test it? I highly doubt it.

Those CPU tests showed you had a dodgy overclock. And did you use lower GPU speeds due to the fact they weren't stable (producing artifacts) first time round?
Offline Drago  
#281 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2005 2:14:31 PM(UTC)
Drago

lou you are mistaken. You had to drop the oc on your cpu right? You did cause it was unstable. What i dont get is why the hell you dropped your vid card oc. That is where i got mixed up cause you said you only dropped back the cpu clock. I hate IE cause it cuts off the pictures and i couldnt see what your vid card was running at. Now that i have seen taht you did drop them then that explains the reason your score was much lower, but obviously you didnt read my posts cause i said nothing about your vid card oc and only about your cpu clock.

But what i still say is true, since you have to drop the oc on your cpu your score will not be as high as it was. Re run 03 with the vid card settings you had when you got your 13622 score with your cpu at 2610 and i bet your score is about 200pts lower cause of it.
Offline Lou784  
#282 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2005 2:45:24 PM(UTC)
Lou784

Yes, I agree if I were to re run 2610 mhz and my video card at 540/590 then yea it probably would be 200 points less. Well, I'm not gonna go more into this cause obviously going no where. No point is us arguing over some bench score anyways. So lets just end it there.

Oh and the reason why I ran at just my XT speeds on my 2nd run was because at the time I did the first bench I posted I had a Vantec Dual fan PCI card blowing air on the card and that let me run at higher speeds. It started making an annoying rattling sound so I ended up taking it out. And when I try running at 540/590 earlier today I did get some artifacting which is why I lowered the core and memory speeds to my everday setting of 520/540. Just wanted to clear that up.
Offline Drago  
#283 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2005 3:48:47 PM(UTC)
Drago

Yeah that is cool man. I need some better cooling on my card so i can try for 430mhz for my core.
Offline Lou784  
#284 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2005 3:53:32 PM(UTC)
Lou784

Yea sounds good. I have a friend with the exact Albatron 6800 GT, only with the vf-700 Zalman cooler and he's hitting about 13,500 in 3dmark03. So ya you'd be able to get some nice overclocks with one of those and I hear it lowers the temps so much more. I remember him saying he was hitting up 80c under full load when at Ultra speeds on the GT. After he got the cooler, his temps dropped drastically and overclocks were of course much better. I'm selling this GTO2 and getting a 7800 GT because I found my limit on this card and I think its time to get something faster.
Offline Drago  
#285 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2005 4:20:40 PM(UTC)
Drago

Nice to hear that the zalman is good, i have been thinking about getting one for my card. BTW did your friend have the Alcu or the Cu version? My GT is ok, but at stock speeds i idle at 50c winter, 54c summer, and my full load normally ends up around the mid 70s, but when i play FEAR for a long time it shoots up to 82c. This is not to my liking but what is crap is that i have a pci exaust fan below my card, and a 80mm fan blowing from the bottom of my case up towards my vid card at a bit of an angle. Adding those two things keeps my temps respectable, if i take them out my card idles at 55c and creeps up to 60c after running a long time idle. God only knows how high it gets, i saw 87c once then i added the extra cooling as fast as i could.