Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline toby5  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2017 8:09:46 PM(UTC)
toby5

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I was looking around the forums and I saw someone say that they would like to see case reviews for more budget friendly cases so here you go. Also I don't really see too much around the net for In Win Cases so I thought this might be a good place to post one.

In Win 503 Mid Tower Case

First off I want to say that I really love this case. For the price range it gives everyone a chance to have a case that is up there with the big dogs with side glass panel and extra little features. I upgraded from a 16 year old previous case so the differences in the two kind of threw me off a little bit. For instance the raised backs inside the case to place you motherboard on threw me off, but I like them as it is, now that I know how it is supposed to be placed (lol). Here is a tiny gripe I am having with the case. The airflow in the case seems a little off for my liking. In my previous case, which was a mid tower Antec, I only had two fans in it with a stock heatsink and my temps stayed pretty low. With this case I have 2 fans pulling in air from the front, 1 smaller fan on the bottom pulling in air, I had to get a aftermarket heatsink from Cooler Master, which really did the trick as far as getting my cpu temps to my liking and one fan in the back of the case blowing air out. With all of these fans I am still just a tad iffy on temps of my ssd/hdd. Everything else in the case is cool like I would want them. Another thing to note is the cabling in the back of the case. I cabled it the first time and temps were a little warm, but opened it up and tried to redo the cabling to make it neater. When doing this my temps dropped overall. This is my first time trying to do a build like this with the cabling in the back, side panel glass and all that. That's really kind of what I wanted though, that nice up to date look with the case. It has succeeded with that. The price range really gave me a chance to do that. And I love the side glass panel allowing me to see my motherboard, heatsink, graphics card, PSU and drives. I also really love that there is a place for an ssd on top of the drive cage. That is a really nice feature. So all in all I would give this case a 4 or 4.5 out of 5 on a 5 star scale, only docking because of temps. I will still try to provide pics of my case if I am able to get some taken. Thank you In Win for allowing me to upgrade my case to a more modern design with this price range that is pretty awesome in my eyes.

So there you go, I hope this review of the In Win 503 case could be helpful to someone.

thanks 1 user thanked toby5 for this useful post.
GnuHard on 8/3/2017(UTC)
Offline GnuHard  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2017 1:47:15 AM(UTC)
GnuHard

Thanks for the post, toby5. At $84.62 (Amazon) it's looking pretty good, the tool-less bays are also nice. Do you know how much more power those additional fans are consuming? I've seen cases with the LCD panels that give readouts on power consumption. I'm not aware of a stock app that can do that.
Offline toby5  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2017 3:35:30 AM(UTC)
toby5

Man
United States

I'm not sure of the power it is consuming, no. I had to do this amount of fans though to get it to a temp that I was comfortable with. It's kind of a pet peeve of mine though.
Offline GnuHard  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2017 3:01:47 PM(UTC)
GnuHard

OK. I found a review for this case. It pointed out that 6 of the 7 bays are the break-out kind, which is an easy enough fix. Question: If I later wanted more than one USB 3.0 port, how easy do you think it would be to replace the I/O panel? The other notable in that review is a red LED-equipped 120 mm fan that's set to push air out the back. It has a Molex connector? So it would run full throttle all the time? Did you replace this, if not, how loud would you say it is?
Offline toby5  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2017 4:56:11 PM(UTC)
toby5

Man
United States

https://www.amazon.com/g...04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 this is what I got to fix the molex connector problem and it works great for all fans.

As far as the usb 3.0 connection is concerned, I am not sure. https://www.amazon.com/I...Y-HUB20134/dp/B008FJXGDQ you could get one of those and leave the usb 3.0 on the case hanging as well as not having a space for an external drive or you could try something like this https://www.amazon.com/a...ng-adapter/dp/B00W9FLKTY or something along these lines.

Edited by user Thursday, August 3, 2017 4:57:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified