Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Sim_8_3  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 3:14:47 AM(UTC)
Sim_8_3

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I suggested this section because there is a growing interest in VR and yet no one is posting, that's odd considering there are both VR Headsets for phones and VR PC systems HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and for the PS4 PSVR, well I'll add my 2 cents, so far all I have tried is a smartphone VR with my Samsung S5 and something called a VR Box cheap VR headset, nothing like what a PC or Console Vr would be like but Wow! If you have never tried it you have to it's totally immersive, I only wish I would have tried it sooner! So what have you tried and what do you think about VR and where it's going in the future?
Offline fortunz  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 2:06:40 PM(UTC)
fortunz

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I don't do much early adoption. At the moment, my only vague interest in the tech is that it might allow me to watch a 3D movie more comfortably than stacking two pairs of glasses on top of each other. But 1) the head gear doesn't look that comfortable and 2) there's no source of affordable 3d movie rentals to try out. So even a cheap smartphone add-on doesn't appeal to me. The stuff that costs hundreds of dollars all the less.

You didn't mention what software you tested it with. Was it a game?
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 8:46:34 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Groups: Editors, Moderator, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
The only thing I have to do with VR currently is setting a HTC Vive up in my PC Repair Classroom. It is nice being able to drop $1500 of not your own money when you want lol I am excited to try the Vive however, and we will have to see how it goes. Maybe I won't get sick? xD
Offline Sim_8_3  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2016 2:28:21 AM(UTC)
Sim_8_3

United States

Originally Posted by: fortunz Go to Quoted Post
I don't do much early adoption. At the moment, my only vague interest in the tech is that it might allow me to watch a 3D movie more comfortably than stacking two pairs of glasses on top of each other. But 1) the head gear doesn't look that comfortable and 2) there's no source of affordable 3d movie rentals to try out. So even a cheap smartphone add-on doesn't appeal to me. The stuff that costs hundreds of dollars all the less.

You didn't mention what software you tested it with. Was it a game?

I have to agree with you the headsets can be a tad uncomfortable, mine puts pressure on my
nose bridge and sometimes causes head aches, so far I've tested with a few aps that let you watch videos either like you said a screen projected in front of you or and what cool in Youtube VR videos is totally immersive VR videos, I watched a Muse video the other day and it was mind blowing, also tested it out with a Jurasic VR, Roller Coaster, Space Roller Coaster, Sky diving with wing suits and some others that weren't so good, the apps keep getting better and better on the Play Store I just wish the headset was better built, when I get A Samsung S6 or better I'm going to get a Samsung Gear VR and hopefully that till be better.

Offline Sim_8_3  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2016 2:31:53 AM(UTC)
Sim_8_3

United States

Originally Posted by: Blackhawk8100 Go to Quoted Post
The only thing I have to do with VR currently is setting a HTC Vive up in my PC Repair Classroom. It is nice being able to drop $1500 of not your own money when you want lol I am excited to try the Vive however, and we will have to see how it goes. Maybe I won't get sick? xD
The Vive is my first choice when I enter giveaways and dream of buying one VS. The Rift ,I"m not a big fan of Facebook and the Z guy so I don't even want to think about what may be in the future for the Rift, although rumor has it Oculus will be coming out with a much more affordable headset VS. the Rift and the Vive, we'll see. When I found out Oculus was owned by Z, I was pretty much like Ok my money is on the Vive, besides the Vive just has a more natural flow to it from I've seen so far.