Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline earthwriter  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 3:31:01 AM(UTC)
earthwriter

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I don't know if this is the correct forum for this question, but I'm wondering if anyone has 1 or a few of those rectangular "outlet space saver" things you plug into the wall that helps you plug a whole bunch of stuff in and is much safer and ergonomic and do you recommend it? Any chance they are made in a country other than China and not with stinky icky toxic china plastic that stinks of a gas tank? I was thinking of buying a couple, so I'd like to get some feedback, thank you.
Offline digitaldd  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 12:01:38 PM(UTC)
digitaldd

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
If you are talking about those 6 outlet ones with a couple USB ports thrown in that go over your regular double outlet. They used to call them Taps back in the day but didn't offer any surge protection or USB charging ports those older type ones typically go for around $5. One with at least a few hundred joules of power protection will start around $10. You can probably get one from any of the better vendors to buy surge suppressors from (APC,Belkin,Triplite,etc) for $12-20. If you just need a typical surge suppressor strip with 6-12 outlets anything from APC, Belkin, or Triplite should suit you well.