Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline acarzt  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2015 8:20:40 PM(UTC)
acarzt

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Hey Guys, i've noticed an issue lately...

I had been blaming Firefox for just being slow... but today I had some slowness in firefox with multiple tabs open, and when I closed the HotHardware tab... everything picked back up.

I re-opened tabs and was able to recreate the slowness over time, and tried closing tabs for other website, but it didn't fix the slowness; only when I close HH does it speed back up.

There appears to be some sort of a memory leak occurring, and I think it is being caused by the ads...

I also accept that it is possible, the problem is just with the computer i'm on. But I am curious if other users have experienced this?

I'll continue monitoring and testing... might even try to get a good packet capture to pin this down...

Offline Blackhawk8100  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2015 9:38:44 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: acarzt Go to Quoted Post
Hey Guys, i've noticed an issue lately...

I had been blaming Firefox for just being slow... but today I had some slowness in firefox with multiple tabs open, and when I closed the HotHardware tab... everything picked back up.

I re-opened tabs and was able to recreate the slowness over time, and tried closing tabs for other website, but it didn't fix the slowness; only when I close HH does it speed back up.

There appears to be some sort of a memory leak occurring, and I think it is being caused by the ads...

I also accept that it is possible, the problem is just with the computer i'm on. But I am curious if other users have experienced this?

I'll continue monitoring and testing... might even try to get a good packet capture to pin this down...

My first question is, why are you using Firefox?! Use Chrome! Otherwise, test on different PCs, see what happens.

Offline JJr  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2015 10:32:21 AM(UTC)
JJr

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
i went opera since i felt firefox getting slower and slower every update. it was months ago though. never had that problem with opera.
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2015 12:34:23 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: JJr Go to Quoted Post
i went opera since i felt firefox getting slower and slower every update. it was months ago though. never had that problem with opera.

Why do you people use these really weird browsers? Google Chrome is amazing over here!

Offline acarzt  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2015 3:21:49 PM(UTC)
acarzt

Man
United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 19 post(s)
lol I normally use IE. But when i'm at work I mostly use firefox. There are some things that will only work in firefox or IE. For example, Microsoft RemoteAPP only works through IE or Aruba Networks Airwave doesn't display properly in IE, but it does in Firefox.
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2015 12:41:44 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: acarzt Go to Quoted Post
lol I normally use IE. But when i'm at work I mostly use firefox. There are some things that will only work in firefox or IE. For example, Microsoft RemoteAPP only works through IE or Aruba Networks Airwave doesn't display properly in IE, but it does in Firefox.

Why don't you use chrome?