Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<23456>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#46 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2015 12:36:51 AM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: acarzt Go to Quoted Post
This has always been the name of the game. But i would mind seeing some smaller scale giveaways that are truly random drawings. But I dont mind the "you gotta earn it" bigger giveaways.

I like the setup now, but I do agree with you in part. I think is should be a mixture of the random contests and "earn-to-win" contests :P

Offline JJr  
#47 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2015 3:00:17 AM(UTC)
JJr

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Blackhawk8100 Go to Quoted Post
JJ, I think you have thouroughly confused me here. People just need to be active. It isn't hard, as I said. :P

i dont know what was confusing in my post.lol. it was clear as crystal.

Offline Tatoosh  
#48 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2015 5:48:05 AM(UTC)
Tatoosh

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Andrew Stroup Go to Quoted Post
I see so many contests I have to pass up on here, because of the "need to be active in the forums" qualifier. Extremely unfair. I don't like even commenting on stuff I'm heavily passionate about. It's as if they are purposefully alienating a certain group of people on here, and that's wrong. A contests should just be a contest, that's it. I shouldn't have to feel like a piece of human garbage because I don't want to speak out.

skeptical

If i can make it through a day without anyone seeing me, needing me, or speaking to me, i feel like it was a successful day.

I hear you Andrew! While I may not be quite as shy about commenting, I remember the first time I read the contest rules .. it was like playing a mixture of "Captain, May I" and "Statue" as kids! Click this, like that, and while those were not hard, then they threw in the "Wall of Doom" ... be active in the forum. K double ahr app app app! Active in the forum? Kinda like asking us to win the Nathan's hot dog eating contest!

But joining is good. I joined a couple years back, went dormant, finally remembered my password after I saw the supercool (pun intended) prize they are offering and decided, much like you, to whine ... err complain ... about the lack of opportunity their rules place us quiet lurker types at. To my surprise I found a rather accommodating group that not only put up with my drifty posts, but answered them with insight. I've learned good stuff here that is helping make informed choices in my purchases. Very unexpected and a very pleasant outcome.

Offline Blackhawk8100  
#49 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2015 3:09:34 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Tatoosh Go to Quoted Post
I hear you Andrew! While I may not be quite as shy about commenting, I remember the first time I read the contest rules .. it was like playing a mixture of "Captain, May I" and "Statue" as kids! Click this, like that, and while those were not hard, then they threw in the "Wall of Doom" ... be active in the forum. K double ahr app app app! Active in the forum? Kinda like asking us to win the Nathan's hot dog eating contest!

But joining is good. I joined a couple years back, went dormant, finally remembered my password after I saw the supercool (pun intended) prize they are offering and decided, much like you, to whine ... err complain ... about the lack of opportunity their rules place us quiet lurker types at. To my surprise I found a rather accommodating group that not only put up with my drifty posts, but answered them with insight. I've learned good stuff here that is helping make informed choices in my purchases. Very unexpected and a very pleasant outcome.

It really isn't hard. Just pop in when you have time and comment. Not bad for what it is worth.

Offline nightskies4u  
#50 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2015 3:17:32 PM(UTC)
nightskies4u

Man
United States

It doesn't require a geek, or a nerd, or any of those types of people to hang out here. You do it for the news, the friendships you acquire, to provide help and answers to others, and have fun conversations. If you want, you can stay and lurk, many people do, but answer some posts too! It is being "active!"

[I had a custom LanParty gaming PC a few years back that I thought was the [censored]but this CyberPower Trinity Xtreme gaming PC is the shit!]

Offline Blackhawk8100  
#51 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2015 3:53:09 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: nightskies4u Go to Quoted Post
It doesn't require a geek, or a nerd, or any of those types of people to hang out here. You do it for the news, the friendships you acquire, to provide help and answers to others, and have fun conversations. If you want, you can stay and lurk, many people do, but answer some posts too! It is being "active!"

[I had a custom LanParty gaming PC a few years back that I thought was the [censored]but this CyberPower Trinity Xtreme gaming PC is the shit!]

I didn't post the "[I had a custom LanParty gaming PC a few years back that I thought was the [censored] but this CyberPower Trinity Xtreme gaming PC is the s***!]" How did that get there? Did you add it night?

Offline Blackhawk8100  
#52 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2015 3:55:27 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: JJr Go to Quoted Post
the principles behind it is what i mean. for example what is asynchronous shading? how does it work? ( been all over the internet for a while now , amd claimed nvidia gpus are incapable of such tech).

Oh, I see now. Ok, no, I am clueless xD

Offline R3Y 0F GAMES  
#53 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2015 6:32:44 PM(UTC)
R3Y 0F GAMES

I really like this type of contest. I have entered many and they usually require you to retweet and follow on different sites. With this contest/giveaway at least you can decide on your own just how much of a chance you want to give yourself. Although I really want to win I don't have all the time in the world to be on here posting and I don't want to just spam so It's better for the website when people become more active and have productive conversations on the forums. Besides that I've never really participated in forums or chats because I prefer to lurk but because of the contest I am now actively participating in something and it feels better than just a randomized giveaway that I don't pay attention to until they announce a winner.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline Blackhawk8100  
#54 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2015 7:15:46 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: R3Y 0F GAMES Go to Quoted Post
I really like this type of contest. I have entered many and they usually require you to retweet and follow on different sites. With this contest/giveaway at least you can decide on your own just how much of a chance you want to give yourself. Although I really want to win I don't have all the time in the world to be on here posting and I don't want to just spam so It's better for the website when people become more active and have productive conversations on the forums. Besides that I've never really participated in forums or chats because I prefer to lurk but because of the contest I am now actively participating in something and it feels better than just a randomized giveaway that I don't pay attention to until they announce a winner.

Just my 2 cents.

It is a very valid 2 cents. I agree with you on that front. Most contests are randomized, so it is mindless winning, With this method, people are constantly coming back to see if they have won and be active. This helps some, but once this contest passes, the forums dies down again and is silent. We hope that EVERYONE stays with us and remains active, yet HH can't keep you here. It is whatever you want to make it to be. General forum stuff people want. :P

Offline acarzt  
#55 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 3:47:36 PM(UTC)
acarzt

Man
United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Oh, I see now. Ok, no, I am clueless xD

UserPostedImage

Offline Blackhawk8100  
#56 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 4:49:32 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

Wow. Just wow.
Offline acarzt  
#57 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 5:07:52 PM(UTC)
acarzt

Man
United States

Don't get the reference? lol
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#58 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 9:00:17 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

Don't get the reference? lol

Nope, can you fill me in?

Offline acarzt  
#59 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 9:29:03 PM(UTC)
acarzt

Man
United States

Nope, can you fill me in?

lol... it's Jeff Dunham, and one of his puppets. He has a recurring joke in which the puppet does the motion you see in the GIF, and makes a sound. It means that whatever they were talking about went over his head.

And when something goes "over your head" it means, you don't understand or you don't get it.

Edited by user Monday, October 26, 2015 9:29:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Blackhawk8100  
#60 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2015 12:02:29 AM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

lol... it's Jeff Dunham, and one of his puppets. He has a recurring joke in which the puppet does the motion you see in the GIF, and makes a sound. It means that whatever they were talking about went over his head.

And when something goes "over your head" it means, you don't understand or you don't get it.

I know what over the head means, not entirely stupid :D