Tatoosh
  •  Tatoosh
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Member Topic Starter
2015-10-15T07:50:15Z
Now, this is likely my first and possibly last post here. I like HotHardware's posts on FB a lot. I get them in my emails and often follow a link or two to try and be a better informed consumer and at least vaguely aware of the tech world though I'm not part of it in terms of work.

And the giveaway - that CyberPower Trinity Xtreme PC you are offering. Gosh so effing hot! It gets the juices stirring much like a giveaway I whined about on FB a few years back

Whine? Why whine about a freebie, you might ask. It's the conditions attached. Oh, not the like me and rub my belly button ones on FB for HotHardware and the builder/manufacturer. No problemo at all. It's the number 3 on the list. Participate in the forum. So now, it is not a contest, it's a curry favor thing, kind of like the the shopping trip in Pretty Woman ... "Suck up, I want to see a lot of sucking up!" Okay, so you did not actually specify the sucking up part. But you know, it is sort of implicit if not explicit.

I'm all for you guys having a good time. And I know you want to promote traffic and intercourse of minds and all the virtual touchy feely stuff. You need to keep busy and hey, good on you! But man, make a contest a contest. You enter it - then you are in. You don't enter it you are not. No .. write good comments and keep us fat and sassy or be cool and chill your gpu, foo!

Just let us enter it, salivate at the idea of winning it, worry about paying taxes on the pricey sucker, an then award it to someone that may not be uber geek or semi-geek or even bitty geek. Just lucky. You know ... fickle finger of fate!

Just a thought.

Love your posts on FB .. oh, I said that.

Have a good one!

Blackhawk8100
2015-10-15T11:56:57Z
Originally Posted by: Tatoosh 

Now, this is likely my first and possibly last post here. I like HotHardware's posts on FB a lot. I get them in my emails and often follow a link or two to try and be a better informed consumer and at least vaguely aware of the tech world though I'm not part of it in terms of work.

And the giveaway - that CyberPower Trinity Xtreme PC you are offering. Gosh so effing hot! It gets the juices stirring much like a giveaway I whined about on FB a few years back

Whine? Why whine about a freebie, you might ask. It's the conditions attached. Oh, not the like me and rub my belly button ones on FB for HotHardware and the builder/manufacturer. No problemo at all. It's the number 3 on the list. Participate in the forum. So now, it is not a contest, it's a curry favor thing, kind of like the the shopping trip in Pretty Woman ... "Suck up, I want to see a lot of sucking up!" Okay, so you did not actually specify the sucking up part. But you know, it is sort of implicit if not explicit.

I'm all for you guys having a good time. And I know you want to promote traffic and intercourse of minds and all the virtual touchy feely stuff. You need to keep busy and hey, good on you! But man, make a contest a contest. You enter it - then you are in. You don't enter it you are not. No .. write good comments and keep us fat and sassy or be cool and chill your gpu, foo!

Just let us enter it, salivate at the idea of winning it, worry about paying taxes on the pricey sucker, an then award it to someone that may not be uber geek or semi-geek or even bitty geek. Just lucky. You know ... fickle finger of fate!

Just a thought.

Love your posts on FB .. oh, I said that.

Have a good one!

It doesn't require a geek, or a nerd, or any of those types of people to hang out here. You do it for the news, the friendships you acquire, to provide help and answers to others, and have fun conversations. If you want, you can stay and lurk, many people do, but answer some posts too! It is being "active!"

JOMA
  •  JOMA
  • 100% (Exalted)
2015-10-15T12:37:12Z
Without traffic to the site there's no point in having the site. Contests like this bring awareness to the site but also drives active discussions on news topics and forum posts. The regular contests where you fill in an email address and that's it are usually filled with people with multiple entries and very often those people never even respond when they win. I see it happen a good amount with contests like that.
Blackhawk8100
2015-10-15T13:38:15Z
Keeps people coming for more! Like JOMA said, guarantees a winner who is worthy of it.
Blackhawk8100
2015-10-15T13:38:56Z
Keeps people coming for more! Like JOMA said, guarantees a winner who is worthy of it.
JJr
  •  JJr
  • 100% (Exalted)
2015-10-15T14:33:20Z
well as you can see the forums is kinda abandoned. this kind of competition help invigorate this community. the idea of winning just by registering to it sure is perfect for anyone but the rules stated to win this aint so bad either. it is not like theres a knife on your neck and if you dont do what they want they will cut your throat. i have been with hothardware since 2010 , and i just lurk,receive daily emails,, always see their posts on fb but never really bothered to post.this compettion got me back here at least. in those years i was pretty updated with what was happening in the tech world because of this site. i am in the medical field myself and do not fully grasp some of the tech principles but you will learn some here too. you have a month to post if you really want to win it so dont lose hope yet. ( to the tech gurus, having an article explaining a technology would be good.)
Blackhawk8100
2015-10-15T14:53:06Z
What do you mean JJ?
JJr
  •  JJr
  • 100% (Exalted)
2015-10-15T14:56:00Z
Originally Posted by: Blackhawk8100 

What do you mean JJ?

im using tablet right now so if i dont make sense its the typing process lol

Blackhawk8100
2015-10-15T15:06:27Z
"Having an article explain a technology." Isn't that what all articles on this site do? 😛
JJr
  •  JJr
  • 100% (Exalted)
2015-10-15T15:12:52Z

"Having an article explain a technology." Isn't that what all articles on this site do? :P

the principles behind it is what i mean. for example what is asynchronous shading? how does it work? ( been all over the internet for a while now , amd claimed nvidia gpus are incapable of such tech).

Marionation
2015-10-15T15:37:20Z
Happy to be here... lets have fun and help others 😃 😉 :blushing:
acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2015-10-15T15:47:33Z
Without these contests that get everyone stirred up and generate traffic, you wouldn't get to enjoy those awesome FB posts 😉
Blackhawk8100
2015-10-15T15:51:48Z
I like that idea, it brings lurkers out, like me!
acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2015-10-15T16:27:24Z

I like that idea, it brings lurkers out, like me!

Hmmm... well now that you mention it... maybe we SHOULD stop these contests! LOL! :grin:

Blackhawk8100
2015-10-15T16:54:45Z
Oi mate! 😃