venser
  •  venser
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Member Topic Starter
Blackhawk8100
2015-05-29T20:33:24Z
I have seen something like this, it was a piece of synthetic skin infused with tech, you wore it on your temple. It was cool.
JOMA
  •  JOMA
  • 100% (Exalted)
2015-05-30T10:42:00Z
Practical uses are probably many years away but 10-15 years from now there's going to be a lot of advancements in this area. Exoskeletons is another tech I find very cool.
Blackhawk8100
2015-05-30T11:48:22Z
I think that the biggest advancements will be smart prosthetic limbs (person uses body's nerves to control a prosthetic limb) and allowing the blind to see by tapping into their optical nerve.
purple42
2015-10-24T19:11:06Z
Xbox Shirt inc
drhutchinson
2015-10-24T23:21:58Z
In general, I feel that technological advancements are coming at an unexpectedly fast rate. I feel like I first heard about self-driving cars just last year, thinking it would only be possible many years later, but here we are today with Tesla Model S's capable of doing it already. I wouldn't be surprised if other areas of tech catch on quick and are fast-tracked. There just needs to be that one breakthrough idea that will spark a huge amount of investor interest which will fuel development and take things to the next level.
Blackhawk8100
2015-10-25T00:22:06Z
Originally Posted by: drhutchinson 

In general, I feel that technological advancements are coming at an unexpectedly fast rate. I feel like I first heard about self-driving cars just last year, thinking it would only be possible many years later, but here we are today with Tesla Model S's capable of doing it already. I wouldn't be surprised if other areas of tech catch on quick and are fast-tracked. There just needs to be that one breakthrough idea that will spark a huge amount of investor interest which will fuel development and take things to the next level.

Technological advancements have been rapidly increasing since roughly 1980, with the first actual computers being created, then mainframes, and the internet, computers becoming PCs(personal computers), and always becoming ever smaller than they were previously. This has always happened. The smaller and smaller tech becomes, the more implementations it has. It could go into your car, into clothing, or a recent popular piece of tech, the iWatch. Nothing new here 😃