Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Speedway  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 6:52:06 PM(UTC)
Speedway

Groups: Registered

How many out there are only using this forumn to enter contest
Offline venser  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 7:00:14 PM(UTC)
venser

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
In part with the forums and their FB posts, I am doing my best to not only stay active and have actual input and questions on up-to-date discussions; I am also trying to share with everyone I know. FB hashtags, posting on other forums, just trying to help keep the traffic on this site high, and I actually like coming here for information to begin with. They have nice deals on hand crafted products as well as an active team behind the scenes. I'll continue to enjoy it here even after the #Giveaway is over. I really really do hope I have a decent chance at winning it.

Edited by user Saturday, May 16, 2015 9:45:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Blackhawk8100  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 9:28:39 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Groups: Editors, Moderator, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I am here, and I came here a long time ago. I suppose I am entered by association. I would like to think I've had good input. I am not just using the forums for the Giveawa though.
Offline S.L Munoz  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 10:16:18 PM(UTC)
S.L Munoz

I participated as well as followed the guidelines, i could really use the offer but at the same time I'm all for good conversations and subjects. I'm currently jumping between other sites that offer nothing really, except good subjects and people's input. And that's why I'm their regular.

What this site could use is great material and a good number of regulars. Gaming subjects usually does both for you. The subjects here aren't too bad but there seems to be hand picking going on for the conversations. Some hit some miss.

I could make a couple threads On the forums, if no one has come up with something particular. When i got time, sure.

Offline Speedway  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 10:22:07 PM(UTC)
Speedway

Ya im new to this site and just got my first email with some really good deals. Im currently trying to save some cash for my first pc build in 15 years , and only my second build ever. So ive been searching tons of sites looking for deals, the contest is just a bonus.
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 10:37:02 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

Welcome speedway, might I reccomend tigerdirect.com, newegg.com and pcpartpicker.com to peruse ALL the deals.
Offline S.L Munoz  
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 11:13:36 PM(UTC)
S.L Munoz

Newegg definitely has good prices. In my case though I've been using what i can get, i'm not the particular type to let things go to waist. I've gotten millions of uses out of my stuff, and still going. :)
Offline venser  
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 11:23:08 PM(UTC)
venser

Man
United States

Often times if you stop by your local school, albiet elementary, middle, high school, or colleges you can ask if they are bringing any scrap computer anything to the local hardware dump and get a few freebies that still work ok. It's a win win, you help them and in turn they help you. Newegg seems to be getting more and more expensive, and tigerdirect has gotten cheaper. Whatever boats your float tho eh ;)
Offline S.L Munoz  
#9 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2015 12:18:23 AM(UTC)
S.L Munoz

Sounds interesting, Normally i would have a couple friends and family go out to swap meets and they would drop whatever they can for parts. It all amounts to low end hardware though. I could definitely use a real upgrade.
Offline AKwyn  
#10 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2015 1:28:26 AM(UTC)
AKwyn

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Recently I quit another forum because the environment changed and they started to attack and bully me for fun and lulz (I had to get a YouTube video and a reddit post whose only point was to critique my music without offering any substantial criticism removed because they were personally creepy and deranged) so I found myself back here.

This may be dead at times but it's a welcoming environment. I missed all the wonderful people here and I hope that they do more contests so they can boost this sites activity. I really missed competing for all of the prizes and being forced to come up with the best opinions; those were the best times. I shouldn't of really left this place, I missed it too much.

Offline venser  
#11 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2015 2:48:33 AM(UTC)
venser

Man
United States

I have never been to reddit, I hear too many negatives about it. People just act how they want because they think it doesn't affect anyone, it's bothersom. If you're having a bad day just don't log in an spread the plague lol. Sorry to hear mate, people can be harsh out of pure enjoyment or spite. Same goes for online gaming with public chat always open. Can't ask or do much of anything without being antagonized because they actually think they are better than everyone else for some ungodly reason.

As long as we stick to criteria things typically don't go south. Welcome back though, seems like good people here, all things said and mentioned are in good hands.

I am an avid music goer. Talk some Iron Maiden or Mucc and I am all ears haha. immersion is a hell of a thing.

Offline Blackhawk8100  
#12 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2015 8:19:00 AM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

Internet is a s***-storm for trolls and bullying
Offline S.L Munoz  
#13 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2015 3:32:13 AM(UTC)
S.L Munoz

No doubt everyone here says something, Not too many places take to newcomers. Or take to someone that may be speaking their mind often, to the point where it attracts negative reception. YouTube is right in that particular alley. From all out insults to racial attacks, going way off topic.

I would just say though if your topics or conversations are a little challenging, you most likely are going to get mixed reception back at you. YouTube commenters are always open to criticisms.

Edited by user Monday, May 18, 2015 3:39:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Blackhawk8100  
#14 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2015 7:35:23 AM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

People on the interent think that their words don't hurt when thy use them. They think that it is all a game and fun to cyber-bully.
Offline StaticFX  
#15 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2015 10:02:51 PM(UTC)
StaticFX

Man
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Speedway Go to Quoted Post
Ya im new to this site and just got my first email with some really good deals. Im currently trying to save some cash for my first pc build in 15 years , and only my second build ever. So ive been searching tons of sites looking for deals, the contest is just a bonus.

1) the forums have died down lately - i think because of Disqus on the blog entries.. it is nice to see a little traffic back

2) FIFTEEN years? so different now! You can even buy stuff according to colors! lol :)

Just yell, someone will help if you need it