Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

17 Pages«<1314151617>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline tmanvest  
#211 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2016 9:33:03 PM(UTC)
tmanvest

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
the vault dwellers in fallout shelters tended to be extremely needy which ended my time playing it. hey fortunz maybe the guy will find a new vault that is more accepting of him lmao.
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#212 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2016 10:17:11 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tmanvest Go to Quoted Post
the vault dwellers in fallout shelters tended to be extremely needy which ended my time playing it. hey fortunz maybe the guy will find a new vault that is more accepting of him lmao.

Vault 111 xD

Offline James@PCPosh  
#213 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2016 2:37:07 AM(UTC)
James@PCPosh

Man
United States

All in all, I enjoyed Fallout Shelter, but it was really more of a "tide me over for Fallout 4" title than a real game... I got to the high 80s in dwellers and even gave it a couple bucks for Mr. Handy's... But after a while it just wore sort of thin.
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#214 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2016 2:59:16 AM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: James@PCPosh Go to Quoted Post
All in all, I enjoyed Fallout Shelter, but it was really more of a "tide me over for Fallout 4" title than a real game... I got to the high 80s in dwellers and even gave it a couple bucks for Mr. Handy's... But after a while it just wore sort of thin.

I never got past like 25 dwellers, I guess I'm just bad lol.

Offline fortunz  
#215 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2016 3:12:56 AM(UTC)
fortunz

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)

That's exactly what I was trying to do... tide myself over since I don't buy Fallout/TES before a GOTY release. Unfortunately I think it's making it harder to resist Fallout 4, not easier :(

I've only been playing for a couple weeks, but the dwellers don't seem that needy. I drop in about twice a day for 5-10 minutes, swap some trainers, recall wanderers and resend out the returned. And before I hit 100, filling the barracks with happy couples to unlock rooms. Glad that's over. I dropped a dollar or two during a sale on Mr. Handys, but I don't even like them, I just figured I owed Bethesda (or whomever) for the play time thus far.

But I agree it does wear thin. I still want to get maxed out stats on dwellers so I can have super babies and evict all the normals, but if I ever do get that far, I'll be beyond sick of it.

Edited by user Sunday, May 1, 2016 3:17:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: weird censored word changed to who'm'ever

Offline Blackhawk8100  
#216 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2016 3:20:32 AM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

Wow, I AM just bad at Shelter xD
Offline James@PCPosh  
#217 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2016 4:21:24 AM(UTC)
James@PCPosh

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Blackhawk8100 Go to Quoted Post
Wow, I AM just bad at Shelter xD

Don't beat yourself up over it. It's a micromanagement simulator -- not exactly everyone's first choice in gameplace genres. I'm sure you'd wipe the floor with both myself and Fortunz if we found ourselves in a game of your choosing. I mean, I'm straight up terrible at quick paced FPS games like CS:GO.

Offline fortunz  
#218 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2016 4:58:41 AM(UTC)
fortunz

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Don't beat yourself up over it. It's a micromanagement simulator -- not exactly everyone's first choice in gameplace genres. I'm sure you'd wipe the floor with both myself and Fortunz if we found ourselves in a game of your choosing. I mean, I'm straight up terrible at quick paced FPS games like CS:GO.

Well said. Actually funny you should mention that, I tried to play a Counter Strike of some kind once, don't think it was GO, but my head was spinning and I decided it wasn't my speed.

When I play fallout and TES even I play pretty stealth/snipery and try to take it all in slowly. My weapon of choice is the gauss rifle I think its called, combine that with the Chinese stealth armor and I'm a gopher in soft dirt.

Offline Blackhawk8100  
#219 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2016 10:21:16 AM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

Im just bad at CSGO too! XD I went from Gold Nova Master to Silver 2. I am not good at any games really, but I don't care too much. I do, however, always manage to have fun, regardless of how I'm doing. We are in a world were every game is about teamwork and ranking up. We don't have any games that aren't about that really, beside Minecraft, but that's on the downhill slide now (see my "Microsoft Mojang is killing Minecraft" post). But as long as I have fun, that is what matters. But on the other hand, I don't agree with the "Everyone wins!" mindset, it just isn't realistic. Not everyone will win in baseball, that is why it HAS a point system lel. What do you think? :P

Edited by user Sunday, May 1, 2016 10:23:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Made it flow better

Offline James@PCPosh  
#220 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2016 12:48:52 PM(UTC)
James@PCPosh

Man
United States

Alright, full disclosure, I still really like Minecraft, but I've never gotten heavily into the social/multiplayer side of it. I've tried hopping on a few popular servers, but in more than one instance I saw the words "High School Roleplay", which prompted me to cringe and leave. Minecraft is definitely on the decline, but I think that has more to do with the constant influx of young and immature players than it does anything else.

While I am certainly no SethBling, I like to build large, complex, nice looking architecture, and I've found that there are surprisingly few people with that capability, even within my age group. My best friend, for example, lives almost exclusively under ground in a rat's nest of hastily carved tunnels when he plays.

I've been part of 6 small servers, and the typical progression goes something like this... I am given a place to build. I build. My neighbors all see and praise my building. My neighbors then either ask me to help them with their builds -or- get discouraged and move or leave the server. Eventually I am basically playing single player, only with lag. I've hosted servers as well, and tend to get this same thing happening, only I end up building a large and involved world that folks tour through, compliment, and then leave.

*sigh* So now I just play singleplayer, and if I do anything I'm particularly fond of, I might publish the world file somewhere.

Offline Blackhawk8100  
#221 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2016 1:39:16 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

I feel very similarly to you, but I don't think its the kids ruining the game. It is the monopolies being made by large servers who charge people to win their game. P2W stratagies have always been around, but the recent changes will kill of that method of running a server. On the downside, all servers were like that in some way. It will be REALLY hard for new servers to get off the ground when the EULA prevents them from selling big things :P
Offline James@PCPosh  
#222 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2016 12:47:31 AM(UTC)
James@PCPosh

Man
United States

Back when I had a decent ISP, I used to host vanilla whitelist server. I find that the closer you are to vanilla, the less cheaty/p2w the game feels. I wouldn't mind hosting another one, but my ISP makes that affectively impossible at this point in time, but if HH wanted to start one, I'd definitely pop in and build.

Edit: It dawned on me a touch late that I didn't get approval to post a youtube video. My bad.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 3, 2016 1:00:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Removed a link I wasn't cleared to post.

Offline Blackhawk8100  
#223 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2016 1:26:04 AM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

Back when I had a decent ISP, I used to host vanilla whitelist server. I find that the closer you are to vanilla, the less cheaty/p2w the game feels. I wouldn't mind hosting another one, but my ISP makes that affectively impossible at this point in time, but if HH wanted to start one, I'd definitely pop in and build.

Edit: It dawned on me a touch late that I didn't get approval to post a youtube video. My bad.

Go ahead and post :P YouTube should be fine. Anywho, I'd play on a server too!

Offline James@PCPosh  
#224 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2016 1:47:41 AM(UTC)
James@PCPosh

Man
United States

Alright then, by request, here's this (I recommend muting it, as I was sick for the recording and I sound nasal-y)
Offline Sim_8_3  
#225 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2016 3:59:16 AM(UTC)
Sim_8_3

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Well we were lucky enough to pickup a Xbox 360 at our local Goodwill, so I've been playing Halo 3, Fable Anniversary and Tales From The Borderlands, the Xbox sure takes the strain off my little old duo core PC with it's struggling GPU. But it's an older 360 and susceptible to RROD, so hopefully it won't happen for a while, I was going to open it up and change the thermal paste, but it's no easy task, at least with my C90S I can do it in less than 10 mins. :) Sorry if I went a little OT.