Mike Coyne
2014-11-20T23:27:07Z
I just got on Hothardware web sites. I really like this design on the web sites. Nice changed from old web sites.

Dave_HH
2014-11-21T02:22:38Z
Thanks Mike! Glad you approve, bud! 🙂
Dave_HH
2014-11-21T19:22:38Z
Well, what do you folks think? 🙂
StaticFX
2014-11-21T20:34:26Z
Awesome - I see we have made the change!

so far looks nice.

My only suggestion is to maybe reduce the number of "topics" really seems like a lot... could be hard for some newer people to decide where to post something new in.

an odd one.. scroll through the add smiley (page 7,8) make the text formatting bar move? lol

EDIT: Cant change my avatar? its broken and there is no option to upload??

starwhite
2014-11-21T23:40:37Z
I like the new look. The design seems a bit more intuitive. Lookin good!
Dave_HH
2014-11-22T00:46:04Z
Originally Posted by: StaticFX 

Awesome - I see we have made the change!

so far looks nice.

My only suggestion is to maybe reduce the number of "topics" really seems like a lot... could be hard for some newer people to decide where to post something new in.

an odd one.. scroll through the add smiley (page 7,8) make the text formatting bar move? lol

EDIT: Cant change my avatar? its broken and there is no option to upload??

OK, try now. Should be fixed for avatars. No fix on the avatar issue yet, though it uses standard avatar bb code.

jtm55
2014-11-22T00:52:23Z
Hi All

Looks Good

Dave_HH
2014-11-22T04:43:58Z
Nice avatar jtm! 🙂 Statik and starwhite, you gotta try updating yours now. 🙂 Oh and spammers should be a thing of the past. I have installed a regex spam checker and two bot blocker APIs. We shall see!
starwhite
2014-11-22T04:45:40Z
OK, sounds good! PERFECT! Looks like I'm back! :cheers: [/i]
Dave_HH
2014-11-22T13:21:07Z
One thing I will say is that we have decoupled the main content area from the forums, so reviews and news won't push in here currently and commenting on them or vice versa here, won't show in both places. We will likely add similar functionality back in at some point but we're still determining best practice for that.
sevags
  •  sevags
  • 53.25% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2014-11-22T21:26:41Z
I have been really busy this past week but noticed the website change a few days ago! I have to admit I am a creature of habit so change always freaks me out lol so I was disappointed at first. Then I couldn't find how to get to my profile from the news page, then when I finally got to it I realized the point system has changed, and and and... hahaha man change is hard!

In the end I think I love the new site!!!!!! I got used to it fast and it reminds me a bit of other sites I visit daily like werd.com and dudeiwantit.com. The news is more accessible especially to those who find articles here through search engines and aren't regular visitors. I hope it gets new visitors to visit regularly. Clean look guys great job!

As for the splitting of news/forums, well I have always posted in the news and only browsed the forums like a ninja 😉 yet this change made me come here to post here!

10 years here at HH! Cheers to 10 more!!!!!

StaticFX
2014-11-23T04:08:25Z
Yep works now!!
digitaldd
2014-11-25T19:26:50Z
I noticed the new site a few days ago via my phone of all things, it looks more like the full website than the old mobile version did. This is my first time getting to login and check it out. I guess the 'new' posts thing will have to wait for my next login for there to be something 'new'. Can we still embed video, or just externally hosted images?

The forums are i guess a work in progress but the new site looks great and behaves well.