Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline News  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 8:52:59 AM(UTC)
News

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

It appears Microsoft’s gamble to have its Xbox One console be the first released in China is paying off. According to Chinese video games news site 17173, the Xbox One, which was released on September 29, has sold over 100,000 units within its first week.

The information came from Shanghai Media Group vice-president Zhang Dazhong, who let the news slip during an interview. He also revealed that the number of units sold also includes the pre-sales when the Xbox One became available for pre-order. As for sales expectations for the console, Shanghai Media Group, the parent company of BesTV, is looking to sell over 1 million consoles in China by September 2015.

Image Credit: Microsoft

Microsoft launched the Xbox One in China on September 29, after it had delayed the launch, making the console the first one to be released there since the country’s 14-year ban on consoles was lifted. Xbox One’s performance in China is certainly better than the reception it received when it launched in Japan on September 4 and only sold 23,562 units in its first week.

Could this mean that China will give Microsoft’s Xbox One the boost it needs to help it catch up with Sony’s PlayStation 4?

Offline Ricofrost  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 2:02:58 PM(UTC)
RiCoFrost

Groups: Registered

All this talk about how much or little xbox and ps are selling is funny to me. Both are good in some way, the only said thing is that Sony keeps losing money. So could this be the last ps we will see?

All in all 100k in a week, its still dam good at $499 thats around the $50,000,000 mark.

Offline SeanDKnight  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 4:09:30 PM(UTC)
SeanDKnight

Groups: Administrators, Registered

It's certainly promising for Microsoft. We'll just have to wait and see if that momentum will continue.

Offline thunderdan602  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 6:00:01 PM(UTC)
thunderdan602

If only ask that people built themselves pc's instead!

Offline mernerion  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 9:49:26 PM(UTC)
mernerion

This is very surprising to me. I have 4 or 5 diehard Xbox fans that switched to the PlayStation at the arrival of the new consoles. I'm quite an Xbox fan myself and I like the Xbox One it's nice to see that microsoft isn't getting total hate

Offline rapid1  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 4:42:07 AM(UTC)
rapid1

United States

It will be interesting to see where these new consoles go really but for a completely different issue. Now that UHD is hitting pretty widely and it looks like it is going to be a much faster wide scale adoption both in price cut downs by the OEM's and in acceptance by the market how long will these consoles last. The last set lastest for a very very long time but if TV's are going to UHD and the broadcasters adopt it more quickly as well then the manufacturers are onboard with all this as well it will be to a market blanket in 1/3rd of the time that 1080p took. These consoles cannot provide UHD but the reason a lot of people especially those with kids buy them is for a entertainment center piece if UHD becomes standard in the next couple or few years these consoles will be useless. I am also wondering how internet TV which is seemingly coming on strong as well will effect this fight as well?

Offline Ricofrost  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 2:28:31 PM(UTC)
RiCoFrost

I am a pc gamer however i have to say it is nice to own a console where thing just work everything all the time. Not to say i get many problems with pc gaming its just sometimes you get get FPS issues with some games which my require a driver update.

Yes the graphics are not as awesome as PC however the still look dam good. Currently I am gaming more on my xbox that on my pc, and this is the first time i have every done that. Playing destiny :)

Offline StaticFX  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2014 6:54:09 AM(UTC)
StaticFX

Man
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)

RiCoFrost wrote:

I am a pc gamer however i have to say it is nice to own a console where thing just work everything all the time. Not to say i get many problems with pc gaming its just sometimes you get get FPS issues with some games which my require a driver update.

Yes the graphics are not as awesome as PC however the still look dam good. Currently I am gaming more on my xbox that on my pc, and this is the first time i have every done that. Playing destiny :)

i love my pc too RiCo.. but yeah.. its nice to have it for some games.

Offline tyler2k1  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:41:23 PM(UTC)
tyler2k1

Not bad considering people though the One would be a 360 repeat in Asian markets