Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline News  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 12:31:15 PM(UTC)
News

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Microsoft has been updating and improving on Cortana, its personal assistant for the Windows Phone and a popular character from the Halo franchise, since it was rolled out. Microsoft’s response to Apple’s personal assistant Siri has continued to improve and expand with Bing integration and Cortana being brought to Nokia phones. Now, Microsoft is giving its personal assistant the ability to speak Klingon and use pictures.

Windows Phone users who ask Cortana questions about Halo, where it is an artificial intelligence that helps the franchise’s protagonist Master Chief, or other topics will receive a response and now a picture. For example, if you ask Cortana about Halo, it will reply, “Halo is the story of a very clever AI who saves the galaxy with the help of her strong-but-silent sidekick” with a picture included. 

Image Source: Imgur (CyberKnight1)

As for Cortana’s new ability to speak Klingon, the feature was announced at the Destination Star Trek convention in London, which Microsoft helped sponsor. In addition to speaking Klingonese, Cortana will also respond to famous Star Trek phrases such as “beam me up” and “set phasers to stun.”

What do you think of these new features and do you think Microsoft will, at some point, have Cortana sing Klingon opera?

Offline realneil  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 3:54:18 PM(UTC)
realneil

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man

Can she sing to me in the shower?

Offline WendellBeverly1  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 4:32:02 PM(UTC)
WendellBeverly1

Groups: Registered

I think that's great! Why not have some fun with the assistant?

Siri hasn't gone through too many refinements since inception, I hope Apple can keep up with Cortana.

Offline altshep123  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 8:39:08 AM(UTC)
altshep123

Groups: Registered

Fun, but not my niche... Maybe something a bit more broad might have drawn more of my attention to Cortana on the Windows Phone. Funny that you pointed out the link to Halo though. I haven't played the franchise, but noticed the link this weekend while watching the live action flick Halo: Forward Unto Dawn!

I'd be curious to see if that link has attracted any of the avid fans.