Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline paul  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 7:08:03 AM(UTC)
News

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
We suppose a smartphone as big as the rumored Shamu from Motorola (likely to be called Nexus 6 or Nexus X) is tough to hide, hence all the leaks to the web. The latest leak comes from an anonymous person who has been posting a supposed photo of the giant handset shown sitting next to an LG G3 device on at least two different forums.

The picture shows the back of the beast with a hand-written label taped to it that reads, "Shamu." Above that is a button with a Motorola logo on it (some have surmised it's a fingerprint sensor, though it could be a shutter button to take selfies), and above that is the rear facing camera.

Motorola Shamu and LG G3
Image Source: Droid-Life

According to previous rumors, Shamu will splash the smartphone market with a 5.92-inch QHD 2560x1440 display (498 pixels per inch), Snapdragon 805 quad-core processor, 3GB of RAM, 2-megapixel front-facing camera that's the same as the one found on the second generation Moto X, 32GB of internal storage, 13-megapixel rear-facing camera, and a 3,200mAh battery. It's also been speculated that Shamu will arrive wielding a 32-bit version of Android L (Lemon Meringue Pie).

Like Apple did with the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Motorola may decide to launch more than one version of the Nexus 6/X. One reason that's been speculated is because unknown devices with 5.2-inch displays have appeared in benchmark runs.
Offline AllenJun  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 7:03:39 PM(UTC)
AllenJun

I really do want this, but only if its the rumored 5.2. I do not want that 5.999999999999999999999999999999" thing in my pocket. I already have one.

Offline digitaldd  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 5:41:23 AM(UTC)
digitaldd

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

I'll keep looking for a good phone with an under 5" screen with vanilla Android.