Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline paul  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:48:12 AM(UTC)
News

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Apple investors always seem to have a tough time figuring out how to react to news and events. Such is the case again following yesterday's unveiling of the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, and Apple Watch devices, along with some supplementary announcements. The initial reaction was to sell, and as investors hurried to unload shares, Apple's stock price dropped from $103 to $96 -- that translates into a $38 billion hit to the company's market capitalization.

Here we are a day later and Apple's stock price is sitting at $100.17 and climbing. So, should you sell your shares before fickle investors have another panic attack, or hold onto your Apple stock in hopes that it will keep climbing? Far be it for us to give financial advice, though if you're willing to trust investment firm Goldman Sachs, then not only should you hold onto your stock, but now's a good time to buy as well.

Apple Retail Store

"The iPhone refresh was by far the most impactful announcement for Apple's bottom line," analysts from Goldman Sachs wrote in a note to investors. They also predicted that the larger screen sizes will be "an important driver of improved growth in that segment," adding that the product launch was nothing short of "impressive."

Looking ahead, Goldman Sachs believes Apple will sell around 62 million new iPhones in the fourth quarter of this year and 205 million throughout all of 2015. As for Apple's share price, Goldman Sachs sees it reaching $115 within the next year, up from the $107 figure they had forecast before the press event. Goldman Sachs also reiterated a "buy" rating for Apple.
Offline altshep123  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 2:08:18 PM(UTC)
altshep123

I don't know if "impressive" is the right word to use... It must be wonderful being able to ride your brand into success when your features fall 2 years behind modern tech.

Offline Ricofrost  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:08:26 PM(UTC)
RiCoFrost

The Iphone 6 is very unimpressive, as altshep123 said that tech came out 2 years ago

http://i.imgur.com/j98Db7A.jpg

Offline Super Dave  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:52:23 PM(UTC)
Super Dave

Groups: Administrators, Registered

LOL - great link, RiCo! 

Offline rapid1  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:04:30 AM(UTC)
rapid1

United States

Yeah I have been laughing at the mainstream media's coverage because it is so off and they seemingly have no clue as I am positive most if not all of the apple unquestioning followers will not either. The phone payment ability has been out for quite some time and is also available actively on the last 2 Samsung phone lines and it may actually be 3 but even though the function was there on the third it was not enabled. The display is not UHD like most of the other smart phones released in the past two months. The wifi calling ability from what I understand is available only if you're a TMobile customer in the US or a EE customer in Europe from what I understand and I am pretty sure it is not WIFI AC which I don't understand as it's largest competitors phones have had that for 2 generations. Basically the only really big thing is they have a model with a bigger display (that is not UHD) which every other phone OEM has had for at least 3 model years now if not 5. Even there body monitor stuff they show as a great new feature has been available on there competitions devices for at least 2 generations now.

My brother follows these devices though and I see the blindness first hand. I still do not understand following a walled garden/prioritized device category when every other company in the world has been moved away from the practice for decades, but I do see Apples motivation to keep it that way as they get to charge ultra premium prices for 2 year old and older technology as if it were the newest on the planet which has to be awesome.

Offline Ricofrost  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 1:17:49 PM(UTC)
RiCoFrost

It is very strange isn't it, how people are willing to pay so much for meh hardware. Look it's not bad however there is better out there.

Offline WendellBeverly1  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2014 7:12:18 AM(UTC)
WendellBeverly1

Sometimes being first is not the best. Even though much of the technology announced for the new iPhone has been around, Apple is pushing for market acceptance (for Apple Pay and NFC) of this where I have not seen any other company do so. Integrating the technology so it is actually usable for me is by far more valuable than being first and unable to utilize it.

Nothing like having an ultra-state-of-the-art phone that supports NFC paying ability yet have very limited places that actually support it.

I was never a huge fan of Apple, but I've got to hand it to them with regards to marketing, integration, and pushing for not only improving the hardware/software, but making it usable in everyday life, which is why I think they are so popular.