Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline News  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 3:50:47 PM(UTC)
News

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

We were given our first preview of Sledgehammer Games' second Call of Duty title, Advanced Warefare, back in May, so to say a multiplayer preview is a little overdue at this point would be a huge understatement. Well, that preview is here, and it comes to us in the form of a trailer. It looks like CoD fans are going to get a lot more of what they love, while CoD haters will get more fuel for their fire.

Like CoD: Ghosts, Advanced Warfare will have evolving levels, usually caused by something catastrophic, like an explosion, or a barrier breaking and letting an ocean's worth of water through. I loved the levels in Ghosts that had these mechanics, and am pleased to see that Advanced Warfare looks to be taking things to the next level.

What really stands out in this trailer is the use of a super-jump skill, which I find to be a little reminescent of the same ability in Crysis. Given how often it's being used in this trailer, I'd suspect that it will be a very common site online. It's a neat skill, but has its pros and cons - it could either give you a better opportunity to rain bullets down, or expose you so others can gain an easier shot. Some strategy will definitely be needed.

For the biggest Call of Duty fans, the "Day Zero" edition might be worth pursuing. It's not an "Edition" per se, but rather a DLC code that enables a couple of perks, like the ability to play the game 24 hours before its official launch. To make that advantage feel a bit more special, players who hop online that day will gain double the XP. Beyond that, other items are also tossed in, like the Bullet Brass exoskeleton, EM1 Quantum energy weapon, AK-12G assault rifle, and CROSSBOW-B2. Judging by the wording, it seems that codes for the Day Zero edition can be had at the place-of-purchase.

As a total sucker for CoD, I can't wait for Advanced Warefare. I just hope that it doesn't wind up having an asinine amount of DLC like Ghosts has (jaw-dropping, to say the least).

Offline MADSKILLZ412  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 4:10:40 PM(UTC)
MADSKILLZ412

Groups: Administrators

Looks like another average call of duty, nothing new but jet packs. Hopefully since it's a new developer the game will be better than ghosts. :/

Offline ThomasTaege  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 4:31:50 PM(UTC)
ThomasTaege

Groups: Registered

So it's like Titanfall but not as good?

Offline altshep123  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 4:52:59 PM(UTC)
altshep123

Did they overhaul the sound for this release? Maybe it was just the soundtrack and editing to this video but those weapons sounded awesome O.o This teaser could have been a player highlight real too. Some of those back to back shots were intense.

Not a whole lot of experience with the CoD series and my computer can't play Titanfall, but if I got a similar tactile feel from this game as I did from the first Gears of War where you FEEL like you're punching the trigger or hitting the ground or a wall while you move about, I would be very intrigued.

The little jumpjets are cool, go Titanfall for taking it mainstream. But bring me the Tribes franchises full on jetpack in more titles please : )

Offline MADSKILLZ412  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 4:58:48 PM(UTC)
MADSKILLZ412

Exactly what I was thinking. :/

Offline AllenJun  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 6:57:03 PM(UTC)
AllenJun

After watching that I am very interested. The previous ones looked very stale. I think my biggest turn off is still the fact that there are a huge amount of teenagers with their leet claw grip playing it.

Offline shadowphaxe  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 7:48:07 AM(UTC)
Anonymous

Idk. Am I the only one who lost all interest in CoD after MW2? Honestly, I haven't found a really great shooter to play in a long time. I've tried BF3/4 and they're fun for a little. Even Titanfall gets stale pretty quick to me. Wonder if there will ever be a shooter that has the appeal of some of the older ones.

Offline MADSKILLZ412  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 12:01:41 PM(UTC)
MADSKILLZ412

There's some F2P shooters like planetside and warface. Planetside is like Battlefield in space, and Warface is a call of duty clone, but both of them are fun in their own way and are free. :/

Offline altshep123  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 12:57:16 PM(UTC)
altshep123

@shadwofaxe What sort of mechanics get your attention?  CoD hasn't innovated a whole lot and I'm in your position where I get bored quick with that franchise.  I need a steeper skill curve with some interesting movement mechanics like skiing and jetpacks in the Tribes franchise or bunnyhopping and circle/strafing in Quake 3 Arena.  Pointing and clicking with a sprinkle of positioning doesn't really do it for me on it's own.  That's why this trailer actually got my attention.  Give me freedom of movement and open world combat.

Tribes Ascend is F2P and not a bad iteration in the Tribes series.  Vehicles, classes/roles and fast paced movement, fledgling comp scene...  I haven't played in months, but I enjoyed many hours in the game.