Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline paul  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 9:39:02 AM(UTC)
News

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Much to T-Mobile's chagrin, Sprint is no longer interested in acquiring the nation's fourth largest wireless carrier, and the decision to ditch any potential deal the two may have been negotiating could spark a price war. That's just fine by Sprint, which is testing out new pricing plans as it prepares itself for what could be a fierce fight in wireless.

Masayoshi Son, CEO of Sprint's parent firm SoftBank Corp, said his company will infuse the nation's third largest wireless carrier with its "street fighter" tactics through new leadership. Indeed, Sprint already hired a new CEO of its own, replacing former chief Dan Hesse with Marcelo Claure, founder and CEO of wireless distribution company Brightstar.

Sprint Store
Image Source: Flickr (Mike Mozart)

"Price competition will intensify. Sprint will be ready to join the fray," Son stated in front of a group of analysts and reporters this week.

As for Sprint's new CEO, Son likened him to a "street fighter or bandit," adding that "he built Brightstar from scratch." Son's comments come off strong in the wake Sprint's decision to back off from T-Mobile, and though the company has been in the red since 2007, a price war could be just what it needs. At the same time, Son is considering other options now that Sprint isn't tied to T-Mobile, though he didn't say what they are.

"I am lucky to be free to steer in any direction I choose. There are many choice, and my mind is busy considering them all," Son said.
Offline thabusdriv3r  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 3:19:55 PM(UTC)
ThaBusDriv3r

Is T-Mobile's service that comparable to Sprints? If so, I wouldn't want either and stick with my Verizon. Most of the time when I'm trying to call my brother who uses sprint, most of the time the calls are either dropped or never received. Both cell phone companies are terrible.

Offline infinityzen1  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 1:52:08 AM(UTC)
InfinityzeN1

I've had Sprint for 13 years all over the country and haven't had issues with it. It all depends on the area you are in. AT&T drops out as much or more in the places I have been.