Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline OSunday  
#16 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 9:11:34 PM(UTC)
OSunday

Groups: Registered

Thanks man!

Offline MichaelHenry  
#17 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:39:13 PM(UTC)
MichaelHenry

Clearly AMD is way behind, they have to use more cores and overclock their processors to have a chance against Intel cpus. Amd is still using the 32 nm process and Intel is on the 22nm and moving on to 14nm process in about a year or so. Similar AMD processors are going into the new consoles and being well underclocked. Can you say "severe bottleneck"?

Offline Dorkstar  
#18 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:41:13 PM(UTC)
Dorkstar

MichaelHenry wrote:

Clearly AMD is way behind, they have to use more cores and overclock their processors to have a chance against Intel cpus. Amd is still using the 32 nm process and Intel is on the 22nm and moving on to 14nm process in about a year or so. Similar AMD processors are going into the new consoles and being well underclocked. Can you say "severe bottleneck"?

Gaming benchmarks say otherwise.  Often times AMD CPU's paired with any GPU outperforms intel CPU's with the same GPU's.

Offline AdamEvans  
#19 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 3:28:29 PM(UTC)
AdamEvans

I recently picked this chip up and I am nothing but impressed with it. I also have a ASUS Sabertooth 990fx r2.0, 32gbs Patriot Viper 3 1866, 2x OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOP 120's on RAID - 0 and a HD 7950 and I am not only running every game, including Crysis 3, maxed out, but when I want to do something, it's there. It overclocks very gracefully. I used ASUS's AI Suite II and MSI Afterburner to O.C. my components and have it stable and air cooled in my Azza Gensis 9000 @50c cpu and 54c GPU temps. CPU is 4.59ghz and gpu is 1.1ghz Core, 1575mhz x 4 RAM clock.

Over clock results, base is almost stock with a very slight o.c.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f399/CyLMischief/FinalOC-1.png

Offline DevinMorris  
#20 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2013 1:42:40 PM(UTC)
DevinMorris

Wish i had the cast to upgrade my system to one with this powering it.I'm an AMD guy and want this cpu :)

Offline Clixxer  
#21 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2013 2:49:21 PM(UTC)
Clixxer

MichaelHenry wrote:

While I do think AMD is still behind Intel for performance, I think they have steadily been catching up. Ive seen alot of benches where Intel and AMD are neck in neck or one is slightly better than the other for gaming but its never by to much when they are using the same GPU like Dorkstar said.

Honestly I think the only thing Intel still has on AMD is manufacturing process and they will throw out that $1000 chip for the guys that have cash to burn. I know AMD is the budget conscious build but in terms of performance on their flagship chips you really cant complain and they all still come with good headroom for overclocking.

Offline Bwdzxc  
#22 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2013 3:11:45 PM(UTC)
Bwdzxc

it competes very well with the 3570k loses by only 1-2 fps!

Offline amdcrankitup  
#23 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2013 4:31:52 AM(UTC)
amdcrankitup

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Im looking forward to getting my hands on this FX 8350 pretty soon and matching it up with the ASUS Sabertooth! Its my next goal to build a new Rig around this setup! Always have been a AMD fan guess I always will be! Seeing how Im financially challenged!!!  ( POOR) Its a given that I would go for this Price to Performance ratio rules with me and it just the right fit for me! 

Offline Clixxer  
#24 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2013 3:01:16 PM(UTC)
Clixxer

amdcrankitup wrote:

Im looking forward to getting my hands on this FX 8350 pretty soon and matching it up with the ASUS Sabertooth! Its my next goal to build a new Rig around this setup! Always have been a AMD fan guess I always will be! Seeing how Im financially challenged!!!  ( POOR) Its a given that I would go for this Price to Performance ratio rules with me and it just the right fit for me! 

I know how you feel. I got an first gen i7 and have been keeping tabs on the piledriver chips too for the price/preformance ratio for when I do get the extra cash to update my computer some. I dunno which way ill go but its still worth keeps tabs on to see what AMD has up its sleeves.

Offline ChrisTrak  
#25 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2013 3:11:32 PM(UTC)
ChrisTrak

I've been using AMD for 10 years now..........always perform remarkably and I can do anything, play anything........... cheaper and when I need to upgrade...plug 'n play, not buy compatible parts just to get the newest.........In my mind, very few people need and/or will ever use those "benchmark" advantages espoused by Intelists......Oh....and my 8350 DOMINATES gaming.........

Offline realneil  
#26 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2013 7:41:43 PM(UTC)
realneil

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man

ChrisTrak wrote:
I've been using AMD for 10 years now...

Yeah, me too.

I use both Intel and AMD for gaming. (two i7- 2600Ks and an FX-8350)

All of them are great performers and do everything that I need them to. A good video card is a must have though,.............

For several reasons, I'll probably always support AMD to some degree.

Offline phenom2  
#27 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 12:00:10 PM(UTC)
phenom2

I completly agree, my friend Chris. I'm buying AMD cpus from much time....! My latest Intel was an i80486! LOL! Never needed to spend more money for an Intel cpu. I always upgraded when needed, without changing motherboard. My next cpu will be this FX8350. This time I've changed my motherboard, keeping memories...and my phenom2 that is still going good for everything. I do mainly games and it happens I do video encoding...and those 8 cores are so welcome!

Offline djay40  
#28 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 9:51:05 PM(UTC)
djay40

This CPU really rocks! I've been owning it for a while now and I love it! it is fast and very responsive no matter what I do on my computer.

Offline Tyotukovei  
#29 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 1:13:28 AM(UTC)
Tyotukovei

@RepoTactics You make a decent troll here. It's the difference between decently good for $200 or TOTL for $1000. 500% of the price for maybe 40-60% increase in performance doesn't quite add up for me. If you have the money, feel free to spend it, but there really is no comparison if you do.

As for this review of the 8350, I'm still happy with mine. Running mine at 4.3GHz on air completely stable on my Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 with 32GB of Corsair XMS ram @1600MHz. Kind of tiffed that my CPU doesn't quite match up to Intel, but for $200, who can complain?

Offline EvanMellish  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 7:55:05 PM(UTC)
EvanMellish

I was wondering if it was worth it to buy this cpu. I have the 8120 and it performs well decently but I was wondering if it was worth buying the newer 8 core?