Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline rrplay  
#16 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 10:36:42 AM(UTC)
rrplay

Groups: Registered

TaylorKarras wrote:
So how loud to the two 560's sound in SLI. I was thinking of buying a GTX 560Ti SLI setup but backed off when I discovered how loud it would be... So with the sufficient airflow, do you think that the noise is tolerable.

Also have you tried to overclock the GPU's yet.

The GTX 560Ti cardss are really nice and they are not that loud at all. Some of the ones with Twin coolers are likely to be quieter. Any how of course I am checking the OC with the cards out, separately and w/ SLI Tthe clocks  fan profiles temps etc and will get around to posting all that in a little while. some of that  here in this thread and some of the other clocks & temps in that on-going workshop thread

Overclocking Video Cards - Monitoring Temps and Stability

http://hothardware.com/cs/forums/t/54045.aspx?PageIndex=1

Offline eunoia  
#17 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 6:43:24 PM(UTC)
eunoia

Offline Der Meister  
#18 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 8:24:30 PM(UTC)
Der Meister

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

sure is a nice rig!

Offline ThunderBird  
#19 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 10:15:19 PM(UTC)
ThunderBird

Good stuff rrplay!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Offline AKwyn  
#20 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 10:51:35 PM(UTC)
AKwyn

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

eunoia wrote:
I was glad when you won because I knew there would be a payoff for the rest of us (losers :D).  My theory is that the weird choice of CPU will be keeping you out of a record 3Dmark11 score, but it will still beat the crap out of most of ours.  Thread bookmarked and looking forward to reading more of your adventures!

I wouldn't say that it'd be keeping him down. I mean it does provide plenty of power to the video cards and this baby is powerful enough to power two 560Ti's in SLI... Certainly the newer CPU's have a higher ceiling then before; no longer do we have to worry about overclocking in order to get the most from out cards, just get a newer 32mm processor and be done with it.

Offline eunoia  
#21 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 12:01:10 AM(UTC)
eunoia

Offline rrplay  
#22 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 2:43:39 AM(UTC)
rrplay

Finally got back to share some stuff in this thread with the rig. ! it's been an interesting discussion so far, and yep the i5 2400S is a unique cpu.It's probably easiest to post some screenshots- at- glance.

Note >>>. Windows 7 64bit, latest Gigabyte F6 Bios,Nvidia 285.62 -drivers. with new Vid Bios Flash ! ,[more about the 560 Ti cards in the vid clocks & temps thread ], >>> the MS services are 'tweaked' as in day to day use, See Black Viper service tweaks. [modest] ,all screenshot take  with the Gimp which is also running.

Ok ! Let's see what the system is at idle

Let's check out some Furmark Burn In with a light 'bump' with the560 Ti's ..& note the cpu clock@ 3750.5Mhz

Just about to add a bit of Prime95 [Common Blend Test] ..560 Ti's at stock

Running pretty darn solid & Note the cpu speed . an i5 2400 without the S would like have more flexibility , but it is not designed that way.

Furmark Burn In + Prime 95 Blend Run

*** So Far so Good ! & A Pretty good start so far !  with more to come !

....it's really a very sweet rig ! with just one GTX 560 Ti    !  [:)]

Offline eunoia  
#23 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 4:53:25 PM(UTC)
eunoia

Offline rrplay  
#24 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 8:55:46 PM(UTC)
rrplay

eunoia wrote:

Turbo +50% is pretty impressive though. Big Smile

Figured after what I wrote, you would have hurried to post the 3DMark11 world record for this set-up!  I've slept so soundly these past 11 months knowing that my rig was THE WORLD CHAMPION in an only slightly less meaningless category.  Join me!

All kidding aside, there's still something about a desktop full of diagnostics that gets the blood going, so thanks for these detailed updates.

At first I thought that i would actually be getting into those too a bit sooner, but thought it best to review a bit more about the hardware in the rig and the differences with the i5 2400 and i5 2400S .Here is some the HH info here:

Gigabyte P67A-UD7 Motherboard and the Patriot memory kit 

Quote:
......"The Patriot 4GB (2GB x 2) kit is rated for operation at up to 1866MHz (also C9) at 1.65v, although we found it would run with lower latencies at lower frequencies as well"

That is inside this rig.One thing for sure there is plenty of good solid power from the PSU to run this system. even if I should be drop in a i5 2500K which would OC extremely well on air with the Havik cpu cooler.Playing with the multi's on the 2400S is marginal & BCLK is almost non-exist ..still learning what it's capable of & did notice a bit of speed increase with the Patriot XMP profile loaded as in the above and some apps / games will benefit from the occasional turbo boost.Will definetly be posting some of the songle GTX card and SLI in the other video thread and the rest of the bios and swapping mem in the Bios OC thread along with some scores and other stuff in this one.

Not likely to be setting any 'crushing' bench scores but this is a very, very sweet machine that stable,quiet and cool.

Offline eunoia  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:13:36 AM(UTC)
eunoia

Offline rrplay  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:14:29 AM(UTC)
rrplay

eunoia wrote:
The RAM is beast too, I <3 my Patriot memory.  If anything the ratings are conservative.

yep no doubt eunoia ! Those Patriot Ram stick are just beefy'  !! here is the mem tab for CPU-Z for the above which is also conservative:

Lots to do and more to come been switching over to MSI Afterburner need to pump a bit more V into those 560's  ...just a wee little bit to stabilize the clocks and some pesky artifacts in Heaven 2.5..already done and be adding more soon !

Offline ironleg1963  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:55:08 AM(UTC)
ironleg1963

very nice rig

Offline Mike Coyne  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:19:12 PM(UTC)
Mike Coyne

United States

Congratulations on your prize. It look very nice tower. I am sure you enjoy it a lot.. Now we will wait what HH have a next prize soon. We will never know and need wit and see.

Offline Manduh  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:22:18 PM(UTC)
Manduh

Woman
Canada

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Mike Coyne wrote:

Congratulations on your prize. It look very nice tower. I am sure you enjoy it a lot.. Now we will wait what HH have a next prize soon. We will never know and need wit and see.

There's one up right here: http://hothardware.com/News/HotHardware-Giving-Thanks-System-Sweepstakes/

GOOD LUCK to you!!

Offline rrplay  
#30 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2011 9:30:57 AM(UTC)
rrplay

Manduh wrote:
[quote user="Mike Coyne"] Congratulations on your prize. It look very nice tower. I am sure you enjoy it a lot.. Now we will wait what HH have a next prize soon. We will never know and need wit and see.

There's one up right here: http://hothardware.com/News/HotHardware-Giving-Thanks-System-Sweepstakes/ GOOD LUCK to you!! 

Yep Mike it sure is nice tower  !

&  the PCAudio Labs rig that ManduHH mentions in the current HH giveaway is one very sweet machine with a boatload of software for musicians..

..moving on with more ' stuff ' with this rig ...Here are some ATTO  scores :

The HH Round-up & review can be found here

Patriot Wildfire120 GB  SSD with new 3.3.2 firmware :

*** Not sure but might get slightly better results to 'zeroing ' the Wildfire SSD  to factory and the scores are dif will post back.

Seagate Barracuda XT 3TG Storage Drive  aka p0rn <,oooops >Data Drive"

*** Will be sharing  more results with common benches and apps throughout this thread !