Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

53 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline realneil  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 7:45:59 PM(UTC)
realneil

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man

I'm always entering contests. Some of them are ones that I hear about here, and others I see on the web. Because I register all of the parts I buy, I got an email invitation, and entered a contest over at Sapphire's home page.

I just won a game code for a game,.........Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Offline rrplay  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 8:31:51 PM(UTC)
rrplay

Groups: Registered

Congrats on the win ! with the Deus Ex game  yep Sapphire has some pretty sweet opportunity for those that register product and the Sapphire Clubs [Gold] ..Some times it easy to spot a contest by helping others troubleshoot in tech forums by looking up product information and website.Other times it's easy to see what other forum pals & gals are doing with social-media which also play a big part in contests.these days .Some companies like NZXT have had a scavenger hunt with their products and required a pretty sharp eye with the product pages to submit an entry..Some Sapphire contests also reacquired submitted answer to identify a certain product or features.Other contests require some review reading and participation of sorts.Which is pretty much a Win /Win situation for both.

Guess it depends on how ya look at it.Yep contest and involvement can-do a lot for this guy  just by playing.[:)]  -replay

Offline OptimusPrimeTime  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 9:37:52 PM(UTC)
OptimusPrimeTime

"I have won many things also, along with my family and friends. I also recommend About.Com and this article   http://contests.about.com/od/sweepstakeslistings/a/allsweepstakes.htm  it keeps tracks of many legit contest, I have won a couple of Gift Cards, Pre Paid Cards and some electronics and watches. Also , in Facebook , but Neil doesn't do Facebook. Your missing out n a lot of stuff Neil !."

"And hey, Congrats on the Deus Ex Copy"

Offline Aoshi  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 9:59:34 PM(UTC)
Aoshi

I have won like 2 things in life. I'm not a very lucky person. I got a 16GB SD card a while back for reviewing it. That was cool. But that's the most I've won.

Offline omegadraco  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 9:13:37 AM(UTC)
omegadraco

Awesome reilneil, I have heard it is a truly awesome game with only a couple of minor bugs :)

@Optimus thanks for the link to the about.com page.

Offline realneil  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 11:04:21 AM(UTC)
realneil

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man

They sent me the code and I'm Downloading it now.

Offline rrplay  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 11:21:29 AM(UTC)
rrplay

realneil wrote:

They sent me the code and I'm Downloading it now.

let us know how you like it ! Deus Ex Human Revolution is on my short list to play .

For those that partake in FB and Twiiter check out Mass Luminosity! they have 3 going on now along with your choice of Deus Ex or Dirt3 .for a prize & more ! like a Sapphire 6950  woo-hoo !

http://www.massluminosity.com/giveaway/three.html

Actually won the Steel Series Syberia headset in the initial Mass Luminosity launch [thanks again ML[:)] ] has a strong social media presense and always thought of Angel Munoz to be the real deal '[Y] and the social community is fun too !

Offline Drake_McNasty  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 12:19:30 PM(UTC)
Drake_McNasty

Dude, that is awesome; congrats! Let us know how you like it. I heard from a friend the game was pretty cool, he said you have to choose/define your style of game play at the beginning. He said it would be easy to play the game through multiple times if you use different styles of game play.

Offline omegadraco  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:20:48 PM(UTC)
omegadraco

rrplay wrote:
For those that partake in FB and Twiiter check out Mass Luminosity! they have 3 going on now along with your choice of Deus Ex or Dirt3 .for a prize & more ! like a Sapphire 6950  woo-hoo !

I will totally agree with you on that one :) I am pretty sure we have seen each other around on their page. It seems like every week they are giving away peripherals, games, and those vid cards

Offline texotic  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 2:18:37 PM(UTC)
texotic

Congrats the game looks really good. Hopefully i can get a copy soon.

Offline AKwyn  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:33:49 PM(UTC)
AKwyn

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Aoshi wrote:

I have won like 2 things in life. I'm not a very lucky person. I got a 16GB SD card a while back for reviewing it. That was cool. But that's the most I've won.

I have to agree with you there, I too seem to have very bad luck with contests seeing as how I have barely won any... But these contests do have the good side effect of building a community and most of the posts I have made are because of participating in various contest like these.

The plus is that while I may be competing, I'm also contributing to a community as a whole.

Offline AAllen  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:34:55 PM(UTC)
AAllen

:good that everyone on here has won something in there life as for me i have never been fortunate. i have always paid for everything and never had the greatest things in life. i work two jobs and have a baby on the way and my computer crashed my other computer is so outdated i couldnt sell it lol but maybe someday i can hopefully feel the sweet victory of winning something. shout out to hh and everyone else for keeping a great forum. keep gaming peeps 

Offline OptimusPrimeTime  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 10:01:56 PM(UTC)
OptimusPrimeTime

omegadraco wrote:
@Optimus thanks for the link to the about.com page.

"[Y] , And just in case anyone is interested, NEXTAG is giving away daily prizes, from TV's to Laptops, Appliances and the Grand Prize, An Arctic Cat XC if you are really into breaking your bones. Just type in your email and Shuffle. Your allowed One shuffle a day, but you get more Instant Shuffles if you send email invites. Good Luck."

http://nextag.promo.eprize.com/sweepstakes/

Offline Manduh  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:20:10 PM(UTC)
Manduh

Woman
Canada

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)

looks like a sweet giveaway rrplay, but not for me, (not for Canadians)

I've won a few cool things over the years, some I've had to do crazy [censored]to win (ex. my Zagg tattoo lol) but I find it fun. I don't mind a few hoops to jump through. Besides, I find out about a lot of cool products and websites through contests.  For example, I found HotHardware when I entered a video contest a while back here, I submitted the Star Trek, Spock video, which I think is still up on Viddler somewhere LOL
I didn't win :( but I stuck around because I enjoy the articles and people here!

I can't stand voting contests though. I find they are the hardest to win, especially when you just can't seem to get your friends to help. Also there are too many cheaters out there, 'buying' votes etc. I think the one I'm in right now is going to be my last!! UGH :(  

P.s any of you facebookers can help if you want, it ends tonight, you just click the green thumbs UP button beside my pic:  http://apps.facebook.com/promotionshq/contests/152421/voteable_entries/30481928

I'm trying to win a canon camera [Y]

Offline omegadraco  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:32:08 PM(UTC)
omegadraco

You certainly have done some crazy things for contests. I remember voting for you on Zagg daily for a little bit. Hows that iPad treating you?

I certainly would never put a tattoo on my body for a contest lol.

I agree voting contests drive me nuts I don't bother.  In all honesty the enter daily contests drive me pretty crazy too though I am sure it brings in a lot of advertising revenue to those sites.