Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline coolice  
#16 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 2:01:59 PM(UTC)
coolice

Groups: Registered
Man

Good review! I have a z5500... and Im like the fact that Logitech opted for a 8inch subwoofer... the 10, although, sure its huge and bassy, dammn, its Boomy and muddy. Smaller woofer = tighter bass i hope.

I wont be upgrading anytime soon. I'm still contemplating selling what I have now and opting for an amp and diy speaker project, which is going to start soon.

Offline notryan  
#17 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 5:40:47 PM(UTC)
notryan

Logitech can't really go wrong with me.

I've currently only got a mid-range Logitech speaker set for my desk, so I may upgrade to this (or the next iteration) for gaming. For music I'll be buying a pair of KRK Rokits. :)

Offline AKwyn  
#18 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 7:48:09 AM(UTC)
AKwyn

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Same here. I had some Logitech speakers I bought at a computer fair before they crapped out on me and the right speaker stopped working. Still, they were pretty good while it lasted. Let's hope I can get a replacement for the bass unit and front two speakers.

Offline infinityzen1  
#19 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 9:01:45 AM(UTC)
InfinityzeN1

Eh, I'll stick with my current system. Although I will say this looks really nice for a cheap intro system.

BTW, anyone ever hear how loud a 1520w system with two 10" subwoofers can get when cranked up?

Offline Manduh  
#20 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 11:39:04 PM(UTC)
Manduh

Woman
Canada

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)

I am absolutely drooling over these! I STILL haven't gotten any speakers for my lappy and I sooo need some! Just might have to start working the corner to get me some of these HAHA!

Offline TAnderson  
#21 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 11:07:33 AM(UTC)
TAnderson

Did anyone notice that Logitech DOWNGRADED the sub from a 10" in the Z-5500 to a smaller 8" in the Z-906?

The original 680's were running 8".

SHAME ON YOU Logitech!

Offline Jajuka  
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:32:22 AM(UTC)
Jajuka

I have yet to hear a PC speaker that sounds better than my Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultras. They are 2-way speakers (separate mid and tweeter drivers), and the sub has dual side-firing 8" woofers. Best to pair this with a great sound card with analog outputs, as this doesn't have any digital inputs. They didn't bother with any digital decoders or such; they focused everything on making the best set of PC speakers. And I think they achieved that, hands down.

Offline HThompson  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2012 9:46:35 PM(UTC)
HThompson

I have a z-5500 set with the sound blaster fatality one xfi card and you cant turn volume up past three. I have had these for three years and still don't think nothing could compare to the set. Truly remarkable and they were affordable then,but price has jumped like something stupid! Keep up the great work Logitech!!

Offline sconnolly13  
#24 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2012 7:41:35 PM(UTC)
Sconnolly13

I just received the z906 speakers and when setting them up I bent a couple of the wires for the console on the subwoofer and I do not know how to fix this problem. Any help please??

Offline Dorkstar  
#25 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:42:11 PM(UTC)
Dorkstar

Are you saying you bent the pins on the connectors?  If so, you can just straighten them out and hope you don't break them off.  Also, Logitech has a rather solid warranty, I remember correctly their surround sounds carry a 2 or 3 year warranty.  So you can try that route if you can't fix it yourself.

Offline sconnolly13  
#26 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 3:42:33 PM(UTC)
Sconnolly13

Ya I tried that and realized that one of them did break off. Would I just call the company?

Offline Dorkstar  
#27 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 4:14:45 PM(UTC)
Dorkstar

The easiest way for me was to go take a picture of the damage, and head over to logitech's website and start the RMA process.  From there I uploaded a picture of the damage, and explained why it wasn't working.  Within 24 hours they responded and I recieved the replacement within a week. 

One thing though, you have to have your receipt or they won't do anything.  So hopefully you purchased it online and you can pull up your order history.  Now, in your case, the z906 comes with a 2 year limited warranty.  So if you purchased it recently, you can just say it must have been damaged in shipping or something, otherwise they may not help you unless the person issuing the RMA believes it to be a issue with quality of the parts.  Generally though Logitech doesn't fight you at all, as long as you have the information they need.

Here's the terms of the warranty :  http://www.logitech.com/en-us/footer/terms-of-use?wt.mc_id=usym_redirect_/warranty&id=3101

Here's the info page to contact support : http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22982/related/1

Offline OSunday  
#28 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 9:20:29 PM(UTC)
OSunday

That's pretty impressive that Logitech only requires a picture of a product malfunction (No proof of purchase?)
It also seems like that method is one that makes it easiest for customers to get support and replacements but it seems like it might be a little vulnerable to scamming at the same time 

Offline Dorkstar  
#29 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 9:57:57 PM(UTC)
Dorkstar

Nah, you have to have the receipt.

Offline sconnolly13  
#30 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 4:51:27 PM(UTC)
Sconnolly13

Thanks you. I there anyway I could just get a nicer subwoofer and still use all the speakers?