realneil
2011-12-03T11:25:14Z

Sounds like a great deal for you. Are you looking at a Z68 purchase?

Jheck1
2011-12-03T12:40:33Z

Probably...won't use the SRT or inteGrated graphics, but they do have a few more bells and whistles than the p67 boards.

omegadraco
2011-12-03T13:58:23Z

Spending the day ripping my hair out trying to figure out how to write a paper on an active directory implementation. Fun stuff...

realneil
2011-12-04T00:02:17Z

I put together this little toy,..........

omegadraco
2011-12-04T08:32:19Z

Very nice 🙂 whatcha going to use it for.

Nice job hiding most of the cables as best as you could.

realneil
2011-12-04T11:07:03Z

omegadraco wrote:

Nice job hiding most of the cables as best as you could.

Gotta go for the flow, Joe,......(airflow)

It's a test system, and it's not an FX processor either. (It was late when I posted the pic and I had to get some sleep)

I bought the ~FX~ Water Cooler from someone I know. (great price) I was dying to test it out, so I did.

I got the ASRock A55 PRO-3 Mainboard from him too. (even better price,....free) Good little board with a UEFI graphical BIOS

I bought a 16GB gaggle (4-4GB) of DDR3-2133 Ripjaws-X RAM on an incredible sale at Newegg during the after Thanksgiving rush.

That's also when I bought the AMD A4-3300 Dual Core APU for this.

Parts that I already had were an XFX Radeon HD6670 1GB video card, a 1.5TB Seagate SATA-III HDD, an OCZ Agility-II SSD, a Seasonic PSU, and and old and moldy Coolermaster Centurion RC690 Case. (probably been 20 systems built into this case over time)

I added four 120mm fans into the mix as well.

The APU runs at 2.5GHz. stock, but I set it to run at 3.4GHz. in the BIOS the first time I booted the machine. It runs at 31c with no load, and I'm getting 38c to 40c at full load. The board will not run the RAM at the full 2133MHz speed though, the most it goes to is 1866MHz. But that's OK. I'll run it for a while and then sell the board and chip to someone.

What I want is something much faster,......[:)]

rrplay
2011-12-04T11:22:28Z

realneil wrote:

Gotta go for the flow, Joe,......(airflow)

...It's a test system, and it's not an FX processor either. (It was late when I posted the pic and I had to get some sleep)

I bought the ~FX~ Water Cooler from someone I know. (great price) I was dying to test it out, so I did.

I got the ASRock A55 PRO-3 Mainboard from him too. (even better price,....free) Good little board with a UEFI graphical BIOS

What I want is something much faster,......Smile

thanks for sharing the specs of the rig .. & nice that things work out for you with the cpu & mobo from [Jim??] ...anyhow  those ram sticks you got on sale at the Egg was a pretty sweet deal at the time ..... I am with you  &  would def want something much faster...

AKwyn
  •  AKwyn
  • 76.5% (Friendly)
  • Advanced Member
2011-12-04T11:23:18Z

realneil wrote:

What I want is something much faster,......

Well you already have two fast PC's right? What's more faster then that???

LBowen
2011-12-04T12:19:09Z

Lightning is pretty fast, if you catch my drift 🇱🇮

realneil
2011-12-04T12:37:41Z

TaylorKarras wrote:

Well you already have two fast PC's right? What's more faster then that?

I like to upgrade every now and then and let my oldest systems go to one, or the other of my kids. All seven of them really like the way I do this.

I guess ~I'm like a kid~ in that I want newer, bigger, better, and faster too. I don't apologize for it, it's a sickness that I've come to accept. [:)]

omegadraco
2011-12-04T14:00:05Z

@realneil I do something similar I usually build 1 system for myself about every 3-4 years and the rest of my family does not do much with their machines so I often pass my 4 year old box down to one of my family members.

omegadraco
2011-12-09T23:28:58Z
http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/landing/cosmos2/  and am very curious to see what they came up with. The CM Cosmos was one pretty hot case.

realneil
2011-12-10T13:54:00Z

They sent me an E-Mail with the same link.

They're trying to create some buzz about it and it seems to be working.

Dave, you guys probably have one for review, do you like it?

coolice
2011-12-10T15:29:33Z

Lets see... I finally returned to Toronto after working up north for a while with Dial Up internet... Something I thought I'd never see again. 

I come home to find out that my brother installed some crazy programs on the computer, the ones pretending to be an antivirus software... tons of addons for Chrome. This someone led to my Gmail account being compromised. Gmail account was used as a client to bring together 6-7 accounts. 

I got a message from rrplay saying that he'd been getting weird spam emails from me.... I'm really sorry if others have been receiving spam emails from me. 

I have 4 exams to write in a period of 30 odd hours starting Monday that I havnt studied for... now all I want to do is relax and catch up on whats been happening and buzzing in the tech world.

Its fascinating, being disconnected for a few months only to find out that PCI Express 3 is out, Bulldozer is out, Android ICS is out, LGA2011 socket is out.... AMD 7000 series cards are pending.

Holy shit!! I feel soo outdated with my information!

Der Meister
2011-12-10T17:09:42Z

^I know the feeling... as far as out dated information...lol

Bummer on the chrome extensions and faux programs.