Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<4567>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline realneil  
#76 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2011 8:01:52 PM(UTC)
realneil

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man

So by other scores do you mean this?

Or this?

Offline rrplay  
#77 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2011 9:24:13 PM(UTC)
rrplay

Groups: Registered

Well sort of ..the version of Heaven I have is this one and my setting are different with my new monitors. The Asus 23:" 1920x1080+ Vysync enabled. Full screen and the screenie tells the rest at this time.Pretty sure I would have much higher FPS with 1024x768 windowed too.

*** most of the previouse discussion regarding HD 6850 was due to the info I happened to spot about 2 different counts of shader clocks with the HD 6850s  one had 960 unified shaders [like mine] and another was released with 1120 shaders.& thought to check out the  Shader ToyMark app along with the Tessmark app as well.

http://www.geeks3d.com/20101025/radeon-hd-6850-with-960-and-1120-shaders-tessmark-and-shadertoymark-comparisons/

Still a bit of fun and don't mind the occasional trip to the 'doghouse' thread with some of this.not only that going to have too add the ShaderToyMark App & check the original OP of this thread to update....still a  HH community workshop thread that is in development and fun too. ! [:)].

Offline realneil  
#78 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2011 9:32:45 PM(UTC)
realneil

Man

This PC doesn't have a 1920X1080 capable screen attached to it.

It is 21" screen that just does 1680X1050 Max.

So here is a score at my max resolution.

Offline rrplay  
#79 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2011 9:59:55 PM(UTC)
rrplay

Oh i see I thought that you were using one the 27" screens you have. I know when I had started this thread the I had the 19" CRT with a max of 1600x1200 and ran the 'stuff' at played resolution's with the hardware I had at the time. Had an old 21" myself till it longer worked and for gaming it was great till death we did part sometime last year.

Any hoo- WoWW !! is all anyone can say as to what goes into a review with the testing. yet nothing can compare to follow along,have some fun and learn along the way working with what's available.

BTW: Neil just 'cuz' & for the heck of it sometime .....

Do You have a GPU to pop into your AMD APU A8-3850 8GB DDR3-1600 rig to compare some 'stuff' for folks to see ??

That might be interesting .

Offline realneil  
#80 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2011 10:09:09 PM(UTC)
realneil

Man

I already have a discrete XFX Radeon HD 6670 1GB card in the 'Puter and

it's in "Hybrid Crossfire" with the A8-3850'[censored]ard graphics system.
I

don't have another DX-11 Card to put into it, but I'll have another

discrete 6670 at the end of the week. Trouble is that they don't have a

crossfire connector on them.

I do have a GTX285 2GB card on the shelf, but I'm liking this little

low cost PC a lot, just like it is. As you can see by that score I

posted, It's not busting any Grapes, but it really DOES play games well.

Maybe I'll try the Heaven bench on it.

OK so this is the AMD box running Heaven 2.5 with all of the eye candy on as default. Slow, but rendered everything nicely.

Offline realneil  
#81 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2011 10:41:28 PM(UTC)
realneil

Man

And here is the same PC at a lower Resolution. Now why did my score drop at a lower resolution on the same PC?

Every other setting was the same. So what the heck?

Offline rrplay  
#82 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2011 11:27:53 PM(UTC)
rrplay

OK Yeah this it .T Thanks Neil .for a while I posting earlier in this thread with different screen res. too.And my results were inflated as to what we would see in reviews  ..till I got these new monitors.Any how sure appreciate you getting back with more good stuff" as usual.The main reason I put the GPU-Z etc stuff etc is so that when I put the say HD 5770 back in run these I'll have some reference..same goes for the Zotac GTS 250 that had I was working with earlier in this thread ..This way when i get around to popping in one the 560 Ti card [single slot GB GA-H55N-USB3 mobo ] it will be easy to compare ...well sorta I guess.What  is good about this too is when running some of these to see how the score's match in comparison with some of the reviews.really don't expect hte GTS 250 to crank' some numbers on the Heaven Bench at that res 1920x1080,& can't blame ya for leaving the AMD 3850 alone the way it is.

>>> Edited the initial OP to update some info with Sapphire TriXX & ShaderToyMark .

FYI  >.>> been using The GIMP to take the screen shots and cropping them it' s just handy for me to use..& getting a bit late for me  [S]

Offline rrplay  
#83 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2011 11:36:31 PM(UTC)
rrplay

realneil wrote:

And here is the same PC at a lower Resolution. Now why did my score drop at a lower resolution on the same PC?

Every other setting was the same. So what the heck?

Same monitor or no ? check Vsync?  maybe best to run at screen defaults and the Heaven program settings the same.If I change Vysync  I get different results.

Edit: The other thing that some folks do is run test 3 times  this way there is a possible average and / or toss out the oddball' and investigate further. like what we are doing.

Offline realneil  
#84 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2011 11:56:48 PM(UTC)
realneil

Man

Just lowered the resolution and nothing else.

Score should have gone up, not down,....

Offline rrplay  
#85 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2011 12:10:43 AM(UTC)
rrplay

yep that seem true hang on a few & I run mine  at lower res   ...hang on & edit this post and pop the screen here>> see sig !  :)

oK Same clock as before with 1680x1050 full screen :With slightly higher scores

Ok  is higher as it should be with the lower res all other things being the same.

Previous <cropped> from earlier post for convenience.

hopefully this can help sort things out

Offline rrplay  
#86 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 9:30:27 PM(UTC)
rrplay

@realneil  Glad you got it sorted out and moving right along ...came across this while setting up the Labor Day Gaming rig that came with 2 EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti cards   woo- hooo ! [:)]

[TIPS] How to Enable SLI and CrossFire Support for OpenGL Applications

This is a 'must ' for SLI with the previous mentioned apps like Furmark and Tessmark....

Quote:

2.3.1 – The correct way: enabling SLI in NVCPL is not enough. You have also to manually set the SLI rendering mode to AFR1 (Alternate Frame Rendering 1) in NVCPL (Manage 3D Settings entry on the left):

*** A few more tips on the page will get  SLI rendering properly  with these apps.

a little Frumark BurnIN & modest OC on the cards.

Offline realneil  
#87 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 9:55:40 PM(UTC)
realneil

Man

You have 1866 speed memory that's running at 1333? HUH?[:|]

Offline rrplay  
#88 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 9:55:52 PM(UTC)
rrplay

Just wanted to mention something about the one of the EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti running 'noticeably' a bit hotter than the other and thought to check the TIM on the chip and cooler out.

Took a look ..

Glad I did

Cleaned replaced the TIM with AC MX-2

Very robust heatsink and cooler on the cards ! & well worth the time spent ! and did both cards ....as a bonus a quick check at EVGA website

EVGA Firmware Update + Fanspeed Unlocker

Quote:
Updated 11-7-2011
  v1.0  01G-P3-1561-XX - EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB 01G-P3-1561-AR

Which is my card and after flashing each card separately very user noticeable improvements  with temps, fan speed & noise.[:)]

Offline rrplay  
#89 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 10:17:15 PM(UTC)
rrplay

realneil wrote:

You have 1866 speed memory that's running at 1333? HUH?Indifferent

Nope ! see XMP profile is loaded on this baby ! 941x2=  (1866MHz) at 9-11-9-27 @ 1.65V  can easily repost with the mem tab screen as well

Here it is should have included it  oh well

Offline AKwyn  
#90 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 10:44:27 PM(UTC)
AKwyn

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Well... There goes your warranty presumably... EDIT #2: I did look at the threads, you were right; replacing the TIM does not void the warranty. I was scared of replacing it because other graphics card manufactuers count it as a modification... Glad to see EVGA doesn't count TIM's as a voiding of your warranty.

Sapphire however. I don't know about... I mean the cooler on this card is cool and I feel like tearing that baby up and replacing it with IC Diamond 5 but I'm afraid I'm going to VOID the warranty... I also want to insert Memory heatsinks on the card for improved memory clocks and temps but again, the "no modifications" thing has me scared. Good to see you have the best warranty on your side.

EDIT: Now that you've got it set up; when are you going to benchmark the 560Ti's with programs other then Furmark? Don't get me wrong, the results look very good but seeing your Unigine benchmarks just makes me wonder what'd happen if you do the same thing but with your brand new 560Ti's.