Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline rrplay  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:49:25 AM(UTC)
rrplay

Groups: Registered

4hams wrote:

[quote user="Der Meister"]

I'll Post mine up for my Evga x58 and i7 920 C0 once I find the paper I have it written down on....lol

On another Note I like to use OCCT as well for stability testing, I like it because it stresses all the core and memory, and gives you per second charts of important voltages and temps.

Oh great stuff Der Meister!

I have used OCCT also and meant to include it hear... 

I will add it this afternoon or tomorrow. 

Thanks!

This is great De Meister about OCCT and using that as well def a good one and easy to use and look forward to your post.

I mentioned OCCT it that lame note pad .txt file it  works really great and you can check an Nvidia vid card based system really quick for stability.

4hams  how about adding  Furmark and Gpui Z thread whatever  saw a post a while back in here and having sluggish game performance is kinda vague

heck I'll find it if possible and post it that thread

We gotta watch some of these downloads for proper links you know what I mean I think I might have had a bit buggy IntelBurn  also

could you clarify if we are going to prefer CoreTemps as opposed to Real Temp ?

how about the possibility of forming a little group or such  ;'cause I know your busy and there is a lot to do and some may want to contribute

looks like we got some great stuff rolling along and looking forward to it [:)]

Offline Der Meister  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2011 10:03:24 PM(UTC)
Der Meister

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Ok Here you go, these are my OC

settings for my i7 920 C0 @ 3.790Ghz on my Evga X58 SLI Mobo.

Temps(C)   IDLE       LOAD

CPU             28           48

Core 1          41          

Core 2          45          

Core 3          45          

Core 4          41          

Mother Board (Evga X58 SLI)

BIOS (E578_77)

CPU (i7 920 C0)

CPU Cooler (Swiftech Apogee X

Water Block)

Memory (Gskill 1600 CAS 9)

PSU (Corsair 1000W)

GPU (Diamond 5870)

OS (Windows 7 Ultimate X64)

Frequency/ Voltage Control

Dummy OC (Disabled)

Extreme Cooling (Disabled)

Memory Feature

Voltage Control

CPU Feature

CPU Clock Ratio (20)

CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) (190)

MCH Strap (1600Mhz)

CPU Uncore Frequency (Mhz) (Auto)

CPU Clock Skew (0ps)

IOH Clock Skew (0ps)

Speed Spectrum (Disabled)

PcIE Frequency (Mhz) (100)

OC Recovery (Disabled)

Turbo Performance (Disabled)

Memory Feature

Memory SPD (Standard)

Memory Control Setting (Enabled)

Memory Frequency (Auto)

Channel Interleave Setting (6

way)

Rank Interleave Setting (4 way)

Memory Low Gap (Auto)

Voltage Control

Evga VDroop Control (With Out

VDroop)

CPU Vcore (1.35000V)

CPU VIT Voltage (+150mv)

CPU PLL Vcore (Auto)

DIMM Voltage (Auto)

DIMM DQ Vref (+0mv)

QPI PLL Vcore (Auto)

IOH Vore (Auto)

IOH/ICH I/O Voltage (Auto)

ICH Vcore (Auto)

PWM Frequency (800Khz)

CPU Feature

Intel Speed Step (Disabled)

Turbo Mode Function (Disabled)

CxE Function (Disabled)

Execute Disabled Bit (Enabled)

Vitalization Technology

(Disabled)

Intel HT Technology (Enabled)

Active Processor Cores (All)

QPI Control Settings (Enabled)

QPI Link Fast Mode (Enabled)

QPI Frequency Selection (Auto)

Offline 4hams  
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2011 4:21:18 AM(UTC)
4hams

Thanks for participating and sharing your settings with us Der Meister! 

Offline rrplay  
#19 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2011 11:43:44 AM(UTC)
rrplay

thanks for posting and sharing your settings as well  Der Meister  

noticed that Furmark has a newer updated version 1.9.0  released and sure looks like it def heats up a bit more  for the vid card as opposed to 1.8so I'll be a bit careful at this time

FurMark 1.9.0 changelog

• New: support of all latest GeForce GTX 500 and Radeon HD 6000 Series…
  • New: added /gtx500ocp checkbox for GPU-Z to disable GTX 500 OCP (over current protection).
  • New: GPU-Z 0.5.1 and GPU Shark 0.4.1 are now embedded in FurMark.
  • New: added programmble GPU temperature alarm. When GPU temperature exceeds a threshold, an alarm sound is played.
  • New: added warming-up step to benchmarking.
  • New: improved OSD (on-screen display data) readability (key V).
  • New: added GPU monitoring in 3D window.
  • New: added GPU-Z full GPU power consumption data (power, voltage and current) if available.
  • New: caution message displayed before every burn-in test.
  • New: score submission is now limited to two presets: Preset:1080 and Preset:720.
  • New: increased graphics workload.
  • New: added animated background image option based on iq’s code.
  • New: added animated camera option with multiple furry torus.
  • New: two burn-in modes are now available: normal burn-in mode and Xtreme burn-in mode
  • Bugfix: spikes in temperature graphs are now filtered.
  • Bugfix: many minor bugs…

So maybe Ok to post in here .some Furmark & vid card OC.as well bios etc

I do not  have the beast of vid cards that some have & will post either way    this way I can share and learn as well  ,,others may post

in the meantime got my eye on a newer cpu cooler that is likely to fit my little mini -setup that I can afford .

Edit notes: added Furmark 1.9.0 Changelog

Offline amdcrankitup  
#20 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 4:03:15 AM(UTC)
amdcrankitup

Looks like you guys have a good start to a new thread wish I could be of help to you guys but just got some things going on and been getting side tracked a lot also I had mentioned my daughter has some medical issues going on that have me to say the least very concerned but you guys are doing great! What do you think about posting screenshots or I guess I mean photo,s of your actual bios settings like this below of course it might be a little hassle but its a good way for someone to see the real world settings or get a better visual on the settings! Its just a thought you guys are doing fine you dont need my input! These are actuall shot of a board likemine the Asus M4A79T Deluxe!

Jus a thought!

Offline rrplay  
#21 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 4:25:39 AM(UTC)
rrplay

amdcrankitup wrote:

Looks like you guys have a good start to a new thread wish I could be of help to you guys but just got some things going on and been getting side tracked a lot also I had mentioned my daughter has some medical issues going on that have me to say the least very concerned but you guys are doing great! What do you think about posting screenshots or I guess I mean photo,s of your actual bios settings like this below of course it might be a little hassle but its a good way for someone to see the real world settings or get a better visual on the settings! Its just a thought you guys are doing fine you dont need my input! These are actuall shot of a board likemine the Asus M4A79T Deluxe!

Jus a thought!

Hi amdcrankitup ,thanks for popping in and sharing those great pic snaps of the bios screens .the more ideas and feedback the better.

I realize now that before I started to play with that 5770 card. the other day when  I checked and replaced the thermal paste.I should  remembered to take a pic  of the factory application ..and shared it here and my application TX 2  dropped thermals down at least 5C.

so your post is a good reminder to take pics sometimes

Hope all is going to be well and thanks.

Offline 4hams  
#22 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 5:08:50 AM(UTC)
4hams

rrplay wrote:
]

This is great De Meister about OCCT and using that as well def a good one and easy to use and look forward to your post.

I mentioned OCCT it that lame note pad .txt file it  works really great and you can check an Nvidia vid card based system really quick for stability.

4hams  how about adding  Furmark and Gpui Z thread whatever  saw a post a while back in here and having sluggish game performance is kinda vague

heck I'll find it if possible and post it that thread

We gotta watch some of these downloads for proper links you know what I mean I think I might have had a bit buggy IntelBurn  also

could you clarify if we are going to prefer CoreTemps as opposed to Real Temp ?

how about the possibility of forming a little group or such  ;'cause I know your busy and there is a lot to do and some may want to contribute

looks like we got some great stuff rolling along and looking forward to it Smile

Hi rrplay, I'd rather keep the GPU info out of this thread and keep it focused on the bios settings for CPU overclocking and stability testing. 

If you want to start another thread about GPU overclocking I would be glad to help out there if possible. 

I will add an entry for "Real Temp" later today if time permits.  I just prefer Core Temp.

Offline 4hams  
#23 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 5:19:44 AM(UTC)
4hams

Hi amdcrankitup,

thanks for joining us here!  Photos of your bios is a great way to post the settings.  If folks have a digital camera it is probably the easiest way to show all the settings as opposed to typing out all the settings like I did... 

Hope things get better for you and your daughter!  I have 4 daughters so I can empathize with you.  Know that we are thinking of you and your family!  [:)]

Offline rrplay  
#24 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 5:36:03 AM(UTC)
rrplay

4hams wrote:

Hi rrplay, I'd rather keep the GPU info out of this thread and keep it focused on the bios settings for CPU overclocking and stability testing. 

If you want to start another thread about GPU overclocking I would be glad to help out there if possible. 

I will add an entry for "Real Temp" later today if time permits.  I just prefer Core Temp.

OK thanks 4hams I agree that this should be just pertinent to CPU OC and stability testing might as well start another vid thread .Core Temp cool here

hope you don't mind if I borrow some of your Disclaimer info stuff  >>>going to need it ! if not let me know

and a good thing coolice got that emabarassing moments thread aka [ 'da Doghouse] 

'cause there's likely to be a bit of stumbling and fumbling along the way [:)]

Offline 4hams  
#25 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 6:08:31 AM(UTC)
4hams

rrplay wrote:

[quote user="4hams"]

OK thanks 4hams I agree that this should be just pertinent to CPU OC and stability testing might as well start another vid thread .Core Temp cool here

hope you don't mind if I borrow some of your Disclaimer info stuff  >>>going to need it ! if not let me know

and a good thing coolice got that emabarassing moments thread aka [ 'da Doghouse] 

'cause there's likely to be a bit of stumbling and fumbling along the way Smile

Thanks rrplay!  And for sure about the disclaimer!

Offline rrplay  
#26 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 6:25:33 AM(UTC)
rrplay

4hams wrote:

Thanks rrplay!  And for sure about the disclaimer!

OK got it started aka post pending ...maybe some more pals of ours will stop  by ??

esp when they see what we're up 2 !!

Doghouse here I come !

Offline Der Meister  
#27 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 8:45:16 AM(UTC)
Der Meister

There was a general OC guide we were working on a year or so ago.... 

Offline 4hams  
#28 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2011 8:21:24 AM(UTC)
4hams

Der Meister wrote:

There was a general OC guide we were working on a year or so ago.... 

I think I have seen that thread and it started back in 2009 or 2008.  But it was never finished so people could follow it...  The problem with overclocking threads is they have to be small yet detailed, and they have to be very specific to the particular CPU.  Core 2 Duo and Quads are clocked differently than i7's and differently than Sandy Bridge due to technology changes in the hardware. 

That is why I wanted this info to be posted for all computer users as a quick reference regarding users settings for the hardware they list.  this could cover any CPU and Motherboard. 

Hope more folks will post!

Offline amdcrankitup  
#29 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2011 7:48:41 AM(UTC)
amdcrankitup

4hams wrote:

Hi amdcrankitup,

thanks for joining us here!  Photos of your bios is a great way to post the settings.  If folks have a digital camera it is probably the easiest way to show all the settings as opposed to typing out all the settings like I did... 

Hope things get better for you and your daughter!  I have 4 daughters so I can empathize with you.  Know that we are thinking of you and your family!  Smile

Thanks some time seeing setting in the bios for me anyway gives me a better and comparing results is very informative! I often go to some of the big Ocers sites and try to find some to compare to and I learn by others what might work better my my particular setup! Im by no means no big time professional overclocker I just study others settings and sometimes wing it and have been known to really take it to the limit epsecially on driving to voltage up a little to the limits but so far I been fortunate and causious enough not to smoke my rig!!!   YET!! LOL

Thanks in re: to my daughters health issues still has me very nervous and concerned just praying and taking one day at a time! If you have kids you know that you kids are you life and she is no doubt MY dadys little girl even at 22yrs of age she is my life and so is my son and my Great little grandson! Grandkids are the greatist invention since ICE Cream!!  You can love them, they give you unconditional love~!!! You can spoil the crap outof them and most of all send them home and let them terrorize MOM and Dad and that by itself is so so Fun! LOL Thanks guys!

Offline rrplay  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2011 8:09:36 AM(UTC)
rrplay

4hams wrote:

[quote user="Der Meister"]

I'll Post mine up for my Evga x58 and i7 920 C0 once I find the paper I have it written down on....lol

On another Note I like to use OCCT as well for stability testing, I like it because it stresses all the core and memory, and gives you per second charts of important voltages and temps.

Oh great stuff Der Meister!

I have used OCCT also and meant to include it hear... 

I will add it this afternoon or tomorrow. 

Thanks!

Thanks Der Meister !  OCCT is great !  simple and easy  to use !! [:)]

4hams   I know your busy  ..so...some info & post  for convenience::

============================================================================================================================

OCCT Perestroïka 3.1.0

What is OCCT ?

Its features :

* 3 different test types
          o CPU = no RAM tested, a lot of heat generated on the CPU, errors are usually CPU-centered
          o RAM = Maximum error detection, tests the whole chain CPU-Chipset-Memory
          o Mix = CPU and RAM alternated
    * 3 tests modes
          o Auto = 1h long Mix test
          o Custom (Infinite) = Infinite loop of the test type of your choice
          o Custom (fixed) = A test of the type of your choice, and of a duration of your choice
    * Integrated monitoring and System information thanks to CPU-Z and HWmonitor engine
    * External Monitoring Program support through plugins (Everest, Speedfan, and many more)
    * Graph output showing temperatures and voltages of your computer

Disclaimer

This software is provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any

kind, expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied

warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The

person using the software bears all risk as to the quality and

performance of thesoftware. The author will not be liable for any

special, incidental, consequential, indirect or similar damages due to

loss of data or any other reason, even if the author or an agent of the

author has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event

shall the author’s liability for any damages ever exceed the price paid

for the license to use the software, regardless of the form of the

claim.

Copyright (c) ocbase.com

Screenshot

*** Notes :One of the first things to do is to  check your settings in the Options for safe CPU Temps and Monitoring !I f you are not sure post with sceenshot as on page 1 of this thread like 4hams did and ask ! &  [read disclaimer again]

>>Strongly Recommend that users Evaluate their OC -  CPU &

GPU running several short 'custom ' stress tests before stressing their

systems with OCCT for an hour !!

already had some of OCCT info in the vid thread  [View:http://hothardware.com/cs/forums/t/54045.aspx]

& just changed the screenshot  to show the Linpack CPU info.