Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline blazarcher  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2010 9:36:32 AM(UTC)
blazarcher

Groups: Registered

I've never won anything ever from any sort of GIVEAWAY and was wondering if other people can share my feelings lol. I'm not the sort of person to get jealous of other people but when you have like a million people entered in a GIVEAWAY and one person just happens to win, you get really let down. 

--- Has anyone ever won anything? ---

The way I see it, the overwhelming majority will say NO lol but if you ARE out there, lemme know!

Offline realneil  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2010 10:16:44 AM(UTC)
realneil

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man

blazarcher wrote:
--- Has anyone ever won anything? ---

Yep,...Me.

In fact I've won a computer system twice in the

past four months.

One is a Core i7-870 and the other a Core i5-750. One was from this site, the other was direct from Intel.

Both have 8GB of DDR3 RAM, both have a 1TB Drive, both have a Blu-Ray

Optical reader, both have a DVD Burner, both came with a 22" Flat Panel

Screen and a  Keyboard/Mouse.

I'm lucky as can be, but it CAN BE DONE. Especially on HotHardware.com

Offline blazarcher  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2010 11:06:39 AM(UTC)
blazarcher

WOW you must be REALLY lucky, there's gotta be something to it.. To you usually enter near the beginning, middle, or end?.. lol I still can't believe you've won twice! I'm new to HotHardware.com's forum, how is it that it's "easier" to win here than in other giveaways, does it have to do with number of users???

Offline realneil  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2010 12:36:06 PM(UTC)
realneil

Man

I spend time here everyday, unless I'm not near my computers.               I post regularly. After I won, I remained here, still posting.

I participated wildly for many days to get noticed by Dave and Marco to win my computer here. There were many others posting too. Luck had a little to do with it, I guess. But they're looking at your participation and the quality of your posts. It may not happen on your first contest, or the second either, but the chances are definitely real at this site.

The numbers aren't that great though. Statistically your chances are good if you can contribute meaningful information and not flame the other posters.

We usually get along here.

The Intel contest was pure luck.

Offline Inspector  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2010 1:13:50 PM(UTC)
Inspector

Man

Yep realneil is the man! he forfeited this contest too... i never won anything but lets just say best of luck to  both and all others in this ;).

Also its just very nice being with HH, you can make some friends and enjoy the site as well as the very often sweepstakes which is why it is easier to win here ;)

Offline blazarcher  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2010 1:18:25 PM(UTC)
blazarcher

Thanks a lot for the VERY informative response. I had no idea that this GIVEAWAY was less of a "random draw" but more about picking a person who DESERVES the prize. Most Giveaways are like that where they get a bunch of names and draw one randomly. It's great to know HH doesn't work that way. I hope to contribute as much meaningful information as I can, I hate people who troll and I for one don't flame other people. 

Offline nelsoncp21  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2010 2:05:40 PM(UTC)
nelsoncp21

Groups: Moderator, Registered

HH has mixed their contests up a bit. Some are random, others are based on forum activity 1 was based on a charity donation and they have even done gaming tournaments. Gotta love this place. I have actually won a good bit of stuff from here over the years. I have never won anything anywhere else but from here well I guess the Asus contest wasn't technically from HH but HH was a part of it. Let's see I won a 1900 series graphics card I think it was, a 8800 series card which I think my son is using right now, a AM2 cpu a Asus MB and then of course the Extreme contest by Asus with all that gear. I think the Asus motherboard was bundled with a cpu and RAM too. I feel like I am forgetting something. Oh yeah I think I got a tuner in there somewhere.

Offline mentaldisorder  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2010 4:24:47 PM(UTC)
mentaldisorder

Man

I got a couple prizes from HH for winning the tournament for AMDcrankitup, but otherwise I never won anything.  That gear went to my parents because they desperately needed to get a new comp and that gave them some motivation.

Offline Super Dave  
#9 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2010 5:35:36 PM(UTC)
Super Dave

Groups: Administrators, Registered

I scored a beautiful Phenom-powered rig in the HotHardware Independence Day Sweepstakes! Life is good.[:D]

Offline Der Meister  
#10 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2010 5:57:54 PM(UTC)
Der Meister

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I have won a few thing with game turnys we have had in the past CSS and UT3

Offline Inspector  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2010 6:13:21 PM(UTC)
Inspector

Man

You guys had a CSS turny? aww i missed out on it :( lol

Offline digitaldd  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2010 5:08:43 AM(UTC)
digitaldd

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

I won a nice care package from HotHardware a couple years ago [a T-Shirt, USB drive and some case badges]. About 8 or so years ago I won a 3dfx voodoo 3000 AGP video card from Loki software @ the Linux World trade show.  I've also won an AXIS IP based network security camera from NetWorld+Interop a few years back. Also won a Toshiba e740 PDA from Microsoft at a system builders show. Never won a computer though. Also picked up somethings at church raffles gift cards/certificates, new set of tires, various bottles of hooch or wine.. ;-)

Offline Marius Malek  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2010 2:05:30 PM(UTC)
Marius Malek

I've never had the joy of winning a giveaway contest, ever. For several years now I've had my eye out for computer related contests, and I've succeeding at not winning in all of them. I try not to let it get me down though, but I understand that it really is a bummer for many people. 

Personally, I could really use a new computer. But then again, so could many people entering the giveaway. 

I'm actually really jealous of you now realneil, could you throw a little bit of your luck my way :P

Offline realneil  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:04:05 PM(UTC)
realneil

Man

Marius Malek wrote:
could you throw a little bit of your luck my way

Good luck to you and all of you out there. The whole point to me posting about it was that it is possible here at Hothardware.com.

I have found no other site that gives away so much, so often. They don't make you jump through hoops, there's no unreasonable rules,...and they manage to keep it lighthearted and fun too. The regular posters are good to know and they KNOW plenty too. It has quickly become my favorite place on the Web.

Offline nelsoncp21  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:09:10 PM(UTC)
nelsoncp21

Groups: Moderator, Registered

hey Realneil where bouts you at in VA? I'm in Gainesville.