rapid1
2010-03-07T13:14:28Z

There are issues with factory over clocking which at least as I would imagine bind the producing organization more on the warranty front. So this is probably smart, especially if you look at it like that. When the user OC's a PC rather than the distributor it in many cases void's all implied warranties. In that outlook this is very smart by the producer of said platform or equipment.

Yes as we know a I7 920 is very ripe as well as capable as an over clocked chip, and would therefore be able to do it as set up with ease. This leaving it unwarranted by not over clocking it from the factory to the consumer gives the company financially a lot more leeway from liabilities. This is also very true because you know a large number of user's attracted to this specific system will do it as well.

Nethersprite
2010-03-08T16:47:04Z

Although I agree with your reasoning, I too wonder why they didn't take the risk; after all, the 920 is the "slowest" i7 processor. Then again, 1366 is a "future certified" board, with triple channel RAM and i9 compatibility. The winner of this system will likely put in an i9 when it comes out, and put in another 5870 when prices go down. Come to think of it, if I had the money to build an 1366 system, these are pretty much the same specs I would put together too, except maybe change the SSD to a 10K Raptor?

rapid1
2010-03-08T22:41:38Z

Only 5 more days till some lucky person wins this beauty of a unit. As far as HH goes they seem to do these contests more consistently than any other site I have seen. For my opinion Dave and Marco as well as everyone else at HH deserves a big hand for doing this, as well as giving us very straight new, a great forum, and good benchmark and convention as well as new items coverage (not to mention the great podcasts as of late on a regular basis)!

Inspector
2010-03-08T23:12:56Z

Can't wait to see who wins! Good luck Rapid1! [:)] This site is the best along with Dave, Marco and all the sponsors that make the contest possible!

animatortom
2010-03-09T06:35:33Z

Awesome! Totally awesome! All right, HHardware!

In this economy, This would be a great upgrade for my DCC build! Would just need to trade the Radeon for a FireGL :(

Although My HD4850 Still Rocks!!

boa49
2010-03-09T12:06:53Z

How in the world do you guys get such great prizes to give away? This is the best site I visit.

rapid1
2010-03-09T13:45:31Z

I totally agree boa49. I really think it adds to the site validity for them to have all these affiliates who are active market players, but not on the development (other than assembly/design) part of the market. Which is also why there able to do these things, but do not change or have much of a reason to regarding new or existing product development.

It also gives me the feeling they are very respected in all the fields. Electronics, devices, and computer (as well as everything in them) are everywhere today, and honest outlooks as well as valid discussion which HH enables strengthens me as a consumer in many ways even including professional outlook on many things.

Khellendross
2010-03-09T20:03:26Z

Looks beautiful. Here's to HH!

Hoping to do some upgrading of my system here soon.

Inspector
2010-03-10T21:35:31Z

Welcome Khellendross!

where is everyone today? No one posting :(

rapid1
2010-03-10T23:33:03Z

Hey Inspector I have posted in HH today, just not on this one yet. Welcome Khellendross; as well, it is always nice to see new members, the more we have the better discussions work. I have not seen if we have any other new members yet, but welcome if we do. Either way; the contest ends Sunday,and someone will be the belated recipient of this awesome system.

Marius Malek
2010-03-10T23:54:30Z

Those pictures are addicting to look at. Sunday is when the contest ends? Let's hope I don't lose sleep over it. 

twistedfate
2010-03-11T15:02:34Z
Inspector
2010-03-11T15:56:07Z

Welcome twisted

@marius not really a contest because it doesn't end, just the winner will;l be announced Monday March 15, 2010! lol Also if you have been here for the last contest you would definitely lose sleep just waiting for Marco/Dave to post the winner! (Hope they post it earlier this time [;)])

Inspector
2010-03-11T15:56:15Z

Welcome twisted

@marius not really a contest because it doesn't end, just the winner will be announced Monday March 15, 2010! lol Also if you have been here for the last contest you would definitely lose sleep just waiting for Marco/Dave to post the winner! (Hope they post it earlier this time [;)])

rapid1
2010-03-11T16:09:11Z

Welcome Twisted. I personally am getting excited someone will win this beautiful unit in 3 days. Not to mention as I have said the upgrade path for a system like this is wide now, especially seeing the new 6 core CPU, and whatever comes after it will go straight into it as well.