Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages«<1213141516>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline rapid1  
#196 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2010 8:06:27 PM(UTC)
rapid1

Groups: Registered
United States

I wonder how many people who are student's we have on here Marius. I know I am, and gibbersome is, and you are that's 3 is anyone else a student, of any kind? I am pretty sure there's at least 2 or more as well!

Offline Nethersprite  
#197 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 5:19:44 AM(UTC)
Nethersprite

I'm a student as well, working on my Bachelor's, but because of some red tape I have NO financial aid (even though I, of all people at the school, probably need it most), so winning this rig would be totally awesome.

Thanks for the giveaway, and I look forward to being a part of the discussions here!

Offline Inspector  
#198 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 11:11:39 AM(UTC)
Inspector

Man

im a student! :D im only 15 so i have to be a student... Welcome nether and i [censored] you stick around even after the contest! HH has lots of sweepstakes, very often too. (Next one should include Canada as Dave or was it Marco that said that :D)

Offline greyad  
#199 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 11:44:01 AM(UTC)
greyad

ok take me in the contest :)

Offline rapid1  
#200 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 12:00:30 PM(UTC)
rapid1

United States

Wow; I would have guessed you were older Inspector! Also the the poster who is having student aid issues, I know that feeling to.

There must be some kind of difficulty from the FED, because all my charges for next quarter are just sitting there. This means until something comes through, and as both an adult continuing my education and a disabled (yes I am on a 200% scale (which is how they measure it), 170% deaf, or I hear at a 30% rate in one ear, totally deaf in the other),individual I qualify. However nothing has come through even from Sallie Mae, so something is messed up. I also hear that they are going to be raising cost's across the board in higher education, which very well may leave me and many, many more stalled.

Either way enough about the woe's of the world. On HH in many aspects such as this (not to mention many other contests), which have run on here I applaud the site as well as Dave and Marco for giving us something to wish for, on a regular basis. This is not to even mention one of the best websites/forums on the web, at least to me as well as I am sure many of you. Maybe one day I will win, and this one specifically to me would be a MAJOR win, as well as something I could really use (and with these components for quite some time), for a lot of things school (I go to school 100% over the web), directly as well as many other things!

Offline Inspector  
#201 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 2:16:46 PM(UTC)
Inspector

Man

well im almost 16(in a month and a half) so does that count as older? xD (My profile says im 15 all over it xD "literary").

Rapid1 i wish you the best of luck :D, this is indeed a system to be used for a few years with some upgrade every so or few years. And good luck to ALL!

Offline la_guy_10  
#202 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 5:20:04 PM(UTC)
la_guy_10

Well since we are speaking of education , I am in college myself for computer science and loving every min of it.

Offline Fenix0r  
#203 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 8:22:48 PM(UTC)
Anonymous

Groups:

nice!!! pretty awesome pc..LOL kinda sucks though i just bought a new tower! LOL

Offline rapid1  
#204 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 9:59:29 PM(UTC)
rapid1

United States

So am I la_guy I will finish my associates after Finite math next quarter. Well if my student aid stuff comes through, and I am able to take it anyway. Then on to Bachelors studies, Luckily I am gonna be over credit to. So 1 year +1 more quarter I will be done with bachelors and on to masters. What specialty in computer science are you in, I am going for security I think, as it will give me a wider path ahead (it in most cases back applies for any other job within networking, and administration as well as for Security itself)!

Offline Boodrow  
#205 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2010 3:18:56 AM(UTC)
Anonymous

Groups:

I currently have an AMD Phenom II X4 system, this would be a nice upgrade! Good Luck to everyone.

Offline Boodrow  
#206 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2010 3:24:34 AM(UTC)
Anonymous

Groups:

The Sept issue of Maximum PC has an article [censored] to build a dream machine for $690. dirt cheap and able to run the latest games!

Offline vegeta100  
#207 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2010 3:59:45 PM(UTC)
Vegeta100

i cant post in foruems i dunno y??

Offline la_guy_10  
#208 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2010 4:09:12 PM(UTC)
la_guy_10

Security is a good area to be in. I am more partial to hardware, hey thats why I am here at HotHardware!!! The software side does not really excite me like talking, viewing , studying, hardware. Good Luck with your education. I probably should be in electrical engineering but......

Offline weeeetina  
#209 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2010 4:49:26 PM(UTC)
weeeetina

I'm with jujdred with needing a new system but needing it fairly cheap, but I at least have a dual core on my 5+ year old machine that I bought from Cyberpower. I guess he could use a new computer more than me, but I still would like that one up there. Oh and I'm new too so hello all and good luck!

Offline Inspector  
#210 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2010 5:39:16 PM(UTC)
Inspector

Man

Welcome weeee :D , i hope you enjoy your stay with HH and who doesn't need a new rig [;)]