Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline willardcw4  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2008 1:33:33 PM(UTC)
willardcw4

Groups: Registered

Well... with the new iPhone looming and my phone contract about to expire next month, I began looking around for potential phones. I'm with Att, and have narrowed it down to the LG Vu and the new 3G iPhone.

I've been doing some research (for a few days now), and havn't been swayed either way. I went into the Att store to look at them both (old iPhone in place of the newer one), and still, can't decide. While the LG Vu is more of a cell phone (with incredible movie/tv playback) and the iPhone is more of a multimedia package, I would be happy with either one!

Anyone have any suggestions, comments, personal experience, or anything else that could help??? 

Offline FSeven  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2008 5:58:35 AM(UTC)
FSeven

I've had an iPhone for about 8 months now so if you have any questions, ask away!

Personally, I love it. It suits my needs perfectly.

I receive email from my 5 email addresses (2 gmail addresses, 2 personal domain addresses, 1 yahoo address) and it sorts email into each addresses' own folder.

It makes a very capable phone. I've had no issues with talking and I've gotten reception in places my old phones haven't been able to.

The sheer number of apps being developed for it, and slated to be released this week, are staggering.

I love having the Internet at my fingertips. In addition, many websites have iPhone compatible versions. Browsing is super easy with touch controls. Pinch the screen to zoom out, double tap anywhere to zoom in and center, etc.

The Google Maps app. is awesome. Google Maps without going to the Google website. It remembers every address you've ever typed in, has a 'Locate Me' button that uses cell tower triangulation to determine where in the world you are. It's worked 100% of the time for me. Then you can get directions to/from the location it detected you at. It's really cool and useful in lieu of bonafide GPS.

Using a jailbroken iPhone, I can remote desktop into my home computer. That's right. [:)]. I'm sure the 3G iPhone will not require you to jailbreak your iPhone to do that.

The large viewing screen is gorgeous. I'll never go back to a cell phone with a smaller screen.

The camera is actually pretty good although lack of a zoom is a disappointment.

One button really is underappreciated. I don't need to learn and remember what 50 buttons do because the iPhone only has one. Anything I want to do I just point to.

The weather app, clock app (with timer, synchrometer, infinite alarm clocks) are all great.Tip calculator which also calculates a bill split an infinite number of ways, a conversion app. for money, measurements, etc. is great and I use it at work. The YouTube app. for iPhone is cool and is actually much better than browsing YouTube on the web. You can also tune into an Internet radio station to get radio on your iPhone.

Being able to use it as an iPod, with the same interface and controls as an iPod, means familiarity and a seamless transition from my old iPod to the iPhone.

Having the Internet at hand, always, is fantastic. It's great being able to look up facts, figures, just read the news, check out Google reader and my HotHardware RSS feed.

Everything is linked. Meaning, if you are browsing the Internet and come across a phone number on a website, tap the phone number and the iPhone will dial that number. Same with an address; tap the address and the iPhone will launch the Maps application and give you directions to that address from your current location or another location you specify. Same with a URL in your mailbox, or even a URL that someone text messages you.

The text messaging app is awesome. Granted, I would love MMS messages (which should be coming down the pipe) but for now the SMS message app is very clear and easy to use. Timestamped messages and alternating colors makes it easy to follow a conversation. All messages are saved too unless you clear them.

I wouldn't say I'm a fanboy, as my iPod and iPhone are the only Apple devices I own, I would just say that I'm a proponent of the iPhone. It really is a great device and is a vital part of my everyday life.

I've never used the Vu so I can't compare the two, but I used to have an LG phone (VX6000 I think) and had nothing but good experiences with it. LG makes great products.

Feel free to ask any questions willard. Or you can add me on MSN via my profile.

Offline sherryllawson  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 12:18:01 AM(UTC)
sherryllawson

Hi,

I just bought the new iphone 3G and still trying to figure my way around it.  One thing I'm not used to is not being able to send pics through text but I can through email; is there any way around this?  Same thing with receiving pics, I have to go through a website with a user name and password and I can't even save the pic on the phone; again is there any way around this?  I've also heard that there's an video app that I can download but haven't found it yet.

Offline amdcrankitup  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 9:42:26 AM(UTC)
amdcrankitup

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Welcome to our forums Good people here[Y]

Offline Iria  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 6:41:01 PM(UTC)
Iria

Nope, sending pics w/ an SMS message is called MMS and that's something the iPhone does not support, strangely.  It's something users have bee asking for since the 1st Gen version of the iPhone

Offline lizafernades  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2012 3:13:11 AM(UTC)
lizafernades

Well, i am having 3G iPhone and it runs really good. This is a multimedia package. I am very happy to have this phone. You can download any of the apps of your choice. I suggest you to buy 3G iPhone. I think it is best for you.

For more info visit: mobile phone insurance |

mobile 

phone insurance comparison