Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<1234>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline coolzonestefan  
#16 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2008 1:09:24 AM(UTC)
coolzonestefan

Groups: Registered

it sucks big time though cause I lost all my posts and my threads were 100% hardware related 

Offline frg1  
#17 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2008 1:11:46 AM(UTC)
frg1

what did they get you for posting all those links or something and not to get to far off topic but i think obama is a good candidate considering the other options 

Offline coolzonestefan  
#18 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2008 1:31:58 AM(UTC)
coolzonestefan

Well,my account was deleted without having a second chance to reply but I am not upset because the admins here are very understanding and they let me create another account.

The weird thing is that I see half a dozen forums where 20-30 news per day are submitted,with links that send you to other sites. 

Offline Super Dave  
#19 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2008 1:33:56 AM(UTC)
Super Dave

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Obama was T.K.O.'d (in my opinion) by the recent revelations of his 20-year relationship with racist pastor Jeremiah Wright. Wright seems to have a knack for mixing race and politics into his evil religious sermons. HERE is a very good newsclip that I submit for your viewing.

Offline frg1  
#20 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2008 1:38:05 AM(UTC)
frg1

that rev wright is pretty crazy i guess i need to watch more cspan sense i missed that one 

Offline Kamrooz  
#21 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2008 6:15:15 AM(UTC)
Kamrooz

I do hope Obama wins, with the current issues we are facing in the economy, the solution won't be coming from the republican side, that is obvious. McCain even stated himself he doesn't understand the economy...So I doubt he'll do much. Personally, I'm voting for Obama..He has the charisma, and I agree with his policies more then I do compared to hillary (which are nearly identical with slight differences). But yea, the economy is in shambles...Not everyone is feeling it in the wealthier communities...But the low/middle income far outweight the upper income households when it comes to population....I'm feeling the economy first hand...one of our properties for closed...one business left out of three, very rough times...and we're close to losing our current house and business...Life is just tough right now....Even if I was in the upper income community (Which I was YEARS ago), witht he current economy, sacrifices need to be made in order to lessen/reverse this current economic struggle....If nothing is done...we will slowly fall towards a depression, if money spent in local communities die off to big chains such as walmart, small businesses will close, which will effect the community as well as drive more people into a economy struggle. Everything is tied together....With my current outlook on the presidiential candidates...Hillary or Obama...McCain will just make things worse consideirng he wants to make the bush tax cuts permanent...Talk about the wrong step =(. 

Offline willardcw4  
#22 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2008 10:32:39 AM(UTC)
willardcw4

Sorry to hear that Kamrooz... well, let me know how the 20% tax increase works out when Obama gets in office..... [:|]

Thanks for the video Dave, I had a good laugh :)

Offline nelsoncp21  
#23 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2008 5:28:10 PM(UTC)
nelsoncp21

Groups: Moderator, Registered

coolzonestefan wrote:

Well,my account was deleted without having a second chance to reply but I am not upset because the admins here are very understanding and they let me create another account.

The weird thing is that I see half a dozen forums where 20-30 news per day are submitted,with links that send you to other sites. 

Not to put you down or anything but I was tempted to say something to you about it. Not so much posting links to other sites about hardware and such but I do find it a bit rude to post a link to another site about a hardware review when HH already wrote a very good informative review of it. That would have been my only complaint. Either way I am glad everyone has worked out there differences.

Offline AjayD  
#24 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2008 7:19:29 PM(UTC)
AjayD

Thanks Super Dave, that was an interesting clip. Though I don't really see anything overly controversial about it, I can see how others could twist this in their favor in order to make Obama look bad. If this is the best they could dig up on Obama, I don't think he should be too worried. Unfortunately the media has a tendency of blowing things way out of proportion and distorting the truth. I hope this doesn't have too much of a negative impact on his campaign, because I would hate to see Hillary get the nomination.

Offline frg1  
#25 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2008 7:40:07 PM(UTC)
frg1

the way i look at is there is going to be dirt brought up on everyone and if this is the best they got on obama then he still has a good chance 

Offline Crisis Causer  
#26 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2008 9:49:51 AM(UTC)
Crisis Causer

I can answer who I think will win: Obama.  This is, of course, assuming he wins the Democratic primary.  Should Clinton win, I am not sure sure of the Democrats' success.  She seems more polarizing than Obama and more support may be drawn to John McCain.  Still, I think a Republican, no matter who it is, stands little chance of winning.  The nations seems to relate McCain to being too much like President Bush - who, as is common knowledge, is not very popular.

I won't launch a political tirade nor divulge too seriously into my beliefs, but I would be happy with either a McCain or Obama presidency.  Naturally then I would vote for McCain over Clinton.  But I would require attentive watching of the debates to decide between Obama and McCain.  This is not to say that there is no chance of Hilary persuaying me over to her camp during a debate with McCain, but it would be harder.  I do encourage all to be as well informed as possible and to consider the debates with some importance (but not too much!) in choosing the candidate.  I hope no one is 100% of who they want now.  At least leave a 1% for some drastic revalation about your dream choice.  It looks like all of the candidates truly wish to help our nation, so I think this year will not be of the so-called "lesser of two evils" but hopefully a choice between two reasonably minded patriots.  Let them take us onward toward a brighter future with a stronger economy, I hope.

Offline ice91785  
#27 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2008 10:00:25 AM(UTC)
ice91785

Man

I just have never been able to take debates as good indications of the candidate -- more than anything else I HATE how both parties just ramble and never answer a friggin question that they may have been asked.

Q:"What is your position on the war in Iraq?"

R: "I feel its necessary to take all precautions in keeping the country safe....so what we need to do is spend more wisely, lower healthcare costs, and boy am I hungry right now. In fact if you think about how hungry I am its apparent that my opponent eats live babies. This is exactly what needs to be done in Iraq -- thank you"

Offline deathman  
#28 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2008 10:06:40 AM(UTC)
deathman

Well I'm Republican by nature... So McCain gets my vote.

If Obama gets in to the finals... well I'm sure he'll win.

If Clinton gets into the finals... I think McCain will win.

I really hope Clinton doesn't win overall, I really dislike her, and I can live with McCain, and while I might not like Obama alot, I'd vote him over Clinton in a heart beat.  Overall all the canidates suck but gotta pick a lesser of evils hopefully.

Offline Grahf  
#29 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2008 1:57:08 PM(UTC)
Grahf

It is really far too early to tell at this point; I mean the Democratic nomination hasn't even been decided yet. Obama will probably get it but it's still being a bit premature. He has problems with racist figures he's aligned with in his past and now he has to more centrist. Most likely it'll come to Obama vs. McCain. That's a really tough decision.

While Obama is a super liberal on things such as gun laws (why would anyone want to own a gun for anything he wonders?) and the economy (tax the crap out of anyone even mildly well off, penalize the succesfull!) he is the most technologically affluent of the remaining candidates. I direct you to his recent visit to Google here. He understands that the H-1B visa program is severely broken. Even before the nation's inception we've imported talent from other countries, that's why the USA has had an incredible dominance over the rest of the world in technology/industry. The current state of the H-1B visa program only cripples our ability to attract talent and breeds stronger competitors abroad. Take note of how many people working at Google and Microsoft are here on H-1B visas and the fact those companies were only able to obtain a fraction of the employees they'd have liked to through it due to arbitrary quotas. That's less money in the US economy and restricts valued talent from being future citizens. Those are the kind of people we want to import, they help create jobs, not take them from US nationals.  Also Obama's stance on net neutrality is great. Hillary bows to special interests just like the rest so we can't expect her to take a stand against the telecoms.

McCain is just your cookie cutter conservative candidate, nothing too remarkable about him other than his age [:D]

The debates between McCain and w[censored]ver gains the Democratic nomination should be interesting...

Offline ice_73  
#30 Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2008 7:40:51 PM(UTC)
ice_73

hiliary clinton will be a better choice for the dem. nominee since she gets the swing states, obama mostly just got the states that go red and since its an electorial college its winner takes all so it would go to mccain. clinton can get the swing states of pa, & oh.