Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Bodego Jackson  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2007 2:54:13 PM(UTC)
Bodego Jackson

Groups: Registered

According to web page: www.atomix.vg (Its a game magazine in Spanish) its seems the new Playstation 4 is coming or its some kind of massive upgrade of the actual Playstation 3 in order to create the ultimate multimedia system platform.

I translated the article:

The Australian site Smarthouse assures that "insider" of Sony it revealed to them that in less than 18 months a new PlayStation will be sent.

This supposed "PlayStation 4" would be a reviewed version, corrected and increased of the PS3 and its main difference with this one they will be the ports or bays (those that serve to annex new hardware to him, USB, card readers, ventilators, etc.).

On the other hand, it would have the same architecture of Chips that the PS3. But the most important addition would be to turn to the console a homemade servant to store, to receive and to interchange digital content among other devices of house. Even, it would bring a software to administer all type of content and to transfer it to other devices like TVs or whatever it works via Wi-Fi, as well as improved connections of exit. All this would be based on the PlayStation technology.

This technology would allow any device to connect itself to a servant of Sony in line to access to a great source of films, music and games. If this outside certain one, finally would be fulfilled the promise of Sony par excellence to turn to the PlayStation the center multimedia of digital entertainment the home. This is only a rumor that spokesmen of Sony have described as "speculation". Although, on the other hand, many of the characteristics mentioned in this "PS4" would include in the present PS3 thanks to a simple update of the lowered system of Internet, which would be ideal for all those that already they have a PS3. Although, on the other hand, it would agree with the declarations of Kutaragi on his idea to concentrate the successors of PlayStation 3 in line, thanks to which no longer there would be necessity to buy expensive hardware, but that everything would be lodged in the network. We will follow this rumor close by, to see if it becomes reality or no.

The opinion of the people who already read this article said negative comments about Sony and the new plans of this upgrade. I wonder if Sony is really desperate to get market as they did with PS2 and the results of low sales of the PS3?

Originally from: http://www.atomix.vg/n/i...sk=view&id=823&Itemid=28
Offline kid007  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2007 3:57:43 PM(UTC)
kid007

Man

Good thing my days in retails are just bad memories...
Offline digitaldd  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2007 7:59:40 PM(UTC)
digitaldd

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Sounds more like a minor upgrade a la the Xbox 360 Elite.
Offline giantjoebot  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2007 8:41:38 PM(UTC)
giantjoebot

or the PSX
Offline ice_73  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2007 9:13:13 PM(UTC)
ice_73

i think more likely the psp will get a upgrade. sony recently cut the 20gb model so maybe they will make something new to replace it or something like the 360 elite.
Offline mentaldisorder  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2007 9:23:28 AM(UTC)
mentaldisorder

Man

An even more expensive version of the PS3? OMG can't wait!......Oh yeah that's right I plan to by a Cheaper and better xbox 360 that atleast has good games.
Offline AjayD  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 4:32:37 PM(UTC)
AjayD

Sounds plausible. We will have to wait to see if this actually happens, although I doubt this minor upgrade and reconfiguration will have much effect on the overall appeal of the PS3. This refreshed version, should it ever come into existence will hardly be a PS4 however.

Offline Kamrooz  
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 5:52:34 PM(UTC)
Kamrooz

indeed ajay. I can see this happening, but not a PS4...The ps3 doesn't really have many good titles still..lol. Too early for a new console. But I could see an update to make it more interactive via the internet. It's definitely a plus based on what sony promised. Overall, still definitely worth looking into ^_^. It's a real bummer though that PS3's from now on will have no backwards compatibility...Talk about suckage, one of the benefits was being able to play all older titles without having to buy a ps2 or psx, all you'd need is a ps3 and you got all 3...::sighs::.. Damn you sony! 

Offline ice91785  
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 4:21:10 PM(UTC)
ice91785

Man

After stopping production on the 80GB PS3 models I would say its an system upgrade they are shootin' fer .... 120GB PS3 with....upgraded GFX hardware :) (just guessing)

Offline Kamrooz  
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 6:45:19 PM(UTC)
Kamrooz

I doubt it'll be updated graphics hardware, that would really piss people off it they made a better video card solution for this new PS3 version. It'll most likely just be software based, updating it and allowing more features for media/interconnectivity. As always, some minor hardware changes for their boards and positional layout..But it's not gonna be too massive, mostly just software would be my guess. 

Offline frg1  
#11 Posted : Saturday, March 8, 2008 7:15:45 PM(UTC)
frg1

i wonder how much it will cost

Offline peti1212  
#12 Posted : Saturday, March 8, 2008 7:47:05 PM(UTC)
peti1212

I've never was a playstation for or a console fan. I just got used to the comptuers so much that I do everything on them. I do play XBOX 360 at my friends house every now and then. :) I bet it is going to cost like the current playstation 3 when it came out, around 600-800 dollars. 

Offline AjayD  
#13 Posted : Saturday, March 8, 2008 8:15:52 PM(UTC)
AjayD

I don't think it will be nearly that expensive. Given Sony's sales, or lack there of, of the PS3 I would expect when this upgade is released we will see a drop in price of the PS3's that are already on the market and the upgraded version will be priced to compete with the top of the line XBOX 360.
Offline methious  
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 9, 2008 11:47:41 AM(UTC)
methious

So curently the choices are PS3 with few good games, or X Box 360 and the Red Dawn over heating issue?  I have an Xbox that just needs an optical drive, drive lasted just past warentee.  I'll probably replace it and Ebay it out cause I'm sticking with the PC from now on.

Offline Anonymous  
#15 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2008 11:27:49 PM(UTC)
Anonymous

Groups: Administrators

I do not know what you could correct with the current version of the PS3.It is build solid like a rock,next to zero hardware issues after intensive use and has up to date updates