Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline stuio  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2005 8:51:45 PM(UTC)
stuio

Groups: Registered

I go this tweak guide from some us site and tryed to follow instructions. Dont think i did it right as didnt make blind bit of difference. Ill post it on here later. But does anybody knw of any tweaks for cable users users? broadband connections? i go tmy 2mg broadband day before yesterday downloading from some sites im hitting 400kb/sec bu ton winmx lucky to get 60kb Obviously using a usb aint helping but is does anybody else having problems using ethernet to cable modem?
Offline Nerts  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:46:21 PM(UTC)
Nerts

i use ethernet and on a really good day i'll get around 1.5mbps but on average i get around 800+. As for tweaks i haven't botherd to look so i can't help you there
Offline stuio  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2005 3:55:58 AM(UTC)
stuio

well i got me ethernet working" jusyt had to install gigabyte driver. Seems a bit faster but wondered if there was anything else i could do... no probs
Offline kid007  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2005 8:46:19 PM(UTC)
kid007

Man

i don't trust those tweak, beside i already got 6mb download and 3mb upload
Offline kid007  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2005 1:00:01 PM(UTC)
kid007

Man

Offline mentaldisorder  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2005 8:01:30 PM(UTC)
mentaldisorder

Man

well theres that firefox tweak...i think laggerzero posted it
Offline nelsoncp21  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2005 11:54:12 AM(UTC)
nelsoncp21

Groups: Moderator, Registered

if you ran a direct coax line from your splitter where your cable enters your house to the modem it should make a huge difference. And yes definetly chose a cat5e cable over usb.

unfortunatley depending where your located and how many people in your area are using also can have an affect but i don't think you can do much bout that sorry. I heard of people actually with dsl running faster just cause of where they were located.
Offline avakin  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 2, 2006 5:52:47 PM(UTC)
avakin

actually there are certain mods you can make to your modem that is supposadly illegal. A friend of mine told me about it. It's some sort of cap on bandwidth on your router that when changed can basically give you a much faster connection. But I don't know the full details or if this is actually true. Just thought i would throw this out there. If it is true I assume it's some sort of software flash or hardware mod by soldering.
Offline ice_73  
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 25, 2006 5:31:42 PM(UTC)
ice_73

quote:

Originally posted by: avakin
actually there are certain mods you can make to your modem that is supposadly illegal. A friend of mine told me about it. It's some sort of cap on bandwidth on your router that when changed can basically give you a much faster connection. But I don't know the full details or if this is actually true. Just thought i would throw this out there. If it is true I assume it's some sort of software flash or hardware mod by soldering.

it works sometimes depends on the modem and the company basically you set up your computer to act like the master server, telling the modem it has unlimited bandwidth and higher priority, then you connect the mdoem to your computer, it thinks it has unlimited bandwidth and performs faster but evry one in the neighborhood recieves lower speed as a result.
Offline ice91785  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2006 11:12:15 AM(UTC)
ice91785

Man

First time i have heard of cable modem tweaks....interesting
Offline SilverVenom57  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2006 3:45:53 PM(UTC)
SilverVenom57

Yes, they are there, but if the company catches you, then they don't take to it lightly. A few ideas: Change the MTU packet size in your router to the maximum setting. Run a coax cable directly from the street to your cable modem box, don't even pass go to collect $200. Other ideas, you can modify the route your modem takes to get to an internet backbone w/ out the company flipping on you. Ex: My cable modem box used to go from my city on the east coast (richmond), to California, then to Chicago, then to a backbone, when I live right next to a major one for the east coast. It doesn't make sense, so I looked around a found you can change this. www.dslreports.com has some modem tweaks and in the forums they have how to change the route your modem takes to send data. Other than that...get Fiber It's cheaper for me now and its more than twice the speed.

Edit: w00t! Half a thousand posts. Sounds so big.