Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kodger  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2001 2:16:30 PM(UTC)
kodger

Groups: Registered

Reach out and touch someone....:eek:

And as AB put it...not like that you perv's.
Offline etsd311  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2001 5:17:06 PM(UTC)
etsd311

hey.... quoting the wrong person, Kodger. that was me!

isokay, AB thinks like me too.
i LOVE lans! i have a 2 comp. lan in my house! my comp. in my room and my sis' comp. in her room. connected with a 4 port HUB.

funny when you thru the hallway and see some CAT5 cable running along the baseboards! heh heh heh
Offline Venom  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2001 6:16:34 PM(UTC)
Venom

Cools. I'm going/studying for my CCNA, and at home I have a 12 port repeater, a 16 port switch, and soon a 4 port router too(yay, can't wait for cable!). Only 5 computers though lol. I can have a sweet lan party if I wanted hehe. Also do my own network wiring (way cheaper). Anyways, yea I have some knowledge in networks
Offline Combat Chuck  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2001 6:52:00 PM(UTC)
Combat Chuck

Lan Parties Kick ass its really fun when there are 16 of you all playing UT at once!!!!!!cool o yeah.. but i really need money first so i can build my baby/[censored] comp the one i have now has perminate pms and that is major suckage. But Lan parties kick ass..

//3 //II_I_ $I_Ir/I/3
other than our sub culture its also a kick ass song
Offline point  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2001 9:15:28 PM(UTC)
point

are the ones that everyone comes prepared for.

we took a cisco 2940 w/ modular bays out of my buddies work, and wired his whole basement. ew had 20 of us running on this 3000 dollar switch. god it was SWAHEEEET. everyone was playing Rune, Counterstrike, Rogue Spear, UT, Q3A. everyone had to bring their own monitors, but then everyone couln't [censored] about using some 15 inch and thats why they were sucking...

the best are the ones where you only know an hour away... you just pack up and spend the next 12 hours gaming. i miss those days

Wow, the only other place i've ever saw a hub called "a repeater" was in the cisco cirriculum. heh. WHen you get ready to take the tests, let me know... I have a study guide you can have to help pass the test with flying colors. i took my test and got a 945/1000 on it.

Offline etsd311  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2001 11:46:38 PM(UTC)
etsd311

wow! congrats! i'm very interested in that study guide too...
Offline Venom  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2001 12:06:17 AM(UTC)
Venom

It's more like a switch (not a hub), just with a few extra "features" that make it a repeater I'll take you a pic of it if you want prove lol (it says ethernet repeater right on the front hehe). I have some cisco switches to play with too, they are still in boxes though. I think they are like 3400s or something (I forget lol). Either way, it's $20,000 in switches, so I'm gonna have fun playing with those. In what form is this study guide point, I'm very intrested thanks.
Offline point  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2001 1:14:27 AM(UTC)
point

I have two different types of study guides. One is a study guide that covers cisco, A+, Network +, some win2k exams, etc.

It isn't cheating in any way, just interactive where you chose the answer and it tells you which to study up on.

The second one is in .doc format (MS Word 2000) and I can put them in PDF for you.

E-mail me at admin@disuse.org and i'll see what i can dig up for you guys.
Offline kodger  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2001 6:08:44 PM(UTC)
kodger

Sorry for this mis-quote etsd311...hehe I'm a bit on the lazy side and didn't go check.

Ah the sweet smell of Cisco in the morning (no not Crisco) hehe. I like Cisco...Cisco is good to us...especially cause one of our engineers is a CCIE...wh00p!!

We have LAN parties at work every Friday...Only about 5 of us play but isn't it the thought that counts?

Maybe we should plan an HH Lan party some time. Rent a convention hall and everyone pack up for a roadie!!

Enuff of my babble....must concentrate on work....
Offline Acid_Burn  
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2001 3:16:43 PM(UTC)
Acid_Burn

Hey you guys be talking about me!

I have a home network consisting of 2 computers right now...my computer (In Sig) and the dads computer, which serves as the ICS server. Unfortunatly this computer is extremely unstable because he has a Major in computer science and tech so he is always tweaking this...fiddling with that.