Terminator88
2019-01-29T08:44:50Z
Hi all,

Wanted to ask are you using vpn's? If yes then which? I heard that free vpn's are worthless. I'm thinking to get a paid VPN for a year. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

ffadm
2019-03-03T22:57:04Z
Express VPN or CyberGhost
Uitlander
2020-11-16T22:41:21Z
Originally Posted by: Terminator88 

Hi all,

Wanted to ask are you using vpn's? If yes then which? I heard that free vpn's are worthless. I'm thinking to get a paid VPN for a year. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

As I transition from XP Pro to Win 7 Pro & MX Linux, I will be getting my first VPN installed on the Linux HDD (Win 7 Pro will use proxies via the Proxy SwitchySharp extension). I have been intensely researching VPNs over the last couple months, and knocked my choices down to AirVPN, Mullvad, or VPNArea. These choices were based on my particular criteria. For example, I eliminated all those that did not have a GUI client for Linux, those not okay with TOR use, those not having a clear 'no logs' policy, etc. Your requirements will likely be different, so you need to research the subject, and come to your own conclusions. If you wish, I can provide the links to those sites I used.

The saying that when something is free you are the product holds true for free VPNs. They are either dishing up ads, or selling your data, or trying to get you to buy their paid version. If you are okay with that, and second-rate service, a free VPN will do. My biggest suggestion would be to not "get a paid VPN for a year." Pay for a month, three-month, or at most six month stint. It will take at least a month before you will start to see any major flaws, and for a VPN with a lot of flaws, a year is a lot to endure.