Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline tredeuce  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 12:36:41 PM(UTC)
tredeuce

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am curious about people's experience with PC cases as far as dust filtration. I know that with all PC components you rarely get the best of all worlds and you have to make choices. I would like to know what cases are the easiest to maintain as far as dust.
Offline toby5  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 12:55:37 PM(UTC)
toby5

Man
United States

I am using the IN WIN 503 BLACK SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case which I put an article up for https://hothardware.com/...3-Mid-Tower-Case-Review, partly because someone was looking for reviews as well as hoping to maybe pump a little life into the forums here. I think this case does really well for collecting dust as it should. There is a screen on the bottom of the case where the PSU sits as well as right below the fan that is on the floor of the case. I usually try to clean the case at least 3 months with compressed air. I like to try to keep everything as clean and nice as possible in the case. Compressed air does the job though. 3 months is about the longest I have let it sit though without doing anything to or around it. Hope that helps.
Offline digitaldd  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2017 12:07:35 PM(UTC)
digitaldd

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tredeuce Go to Quoted Post
I am curious about people's experience with PC cases as far as dust filtration. I know that with all PC components you rarely get the best of all worlds and you have to make choices. I would like to know what cases are the easiest to maintain as far as dust.

Most of the cases that have a metal mesh anywhere are dust magnets. If you clean it up fairly regularly it won't look disgusting.

Offline tredeuce  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2017 4:21:36 PM(UTC)
tredeuce

Thanks for the replies. I do use compressed air, but thinking of switching to the DataVac that you plug in. I know it costs more, but I probably have used that much on compressed air. I will make dust filtration a big part of my next case purchase. On a side note, I wonder how much dust I breathe in if my case gets so dusty.
Offline toby5  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2017 4:38:48 PM(UTC)
toby5

Man
United States

I have actually heard bad things about the DataVac because you are using it on computer parts. You really need to be a sensitive as possible when cleaning out your computer case.
Offline tredeuce  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2017 7:40:12 PM(UTC)
tredeuce

I saw that they do make an ESD model.