Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline earthwriter  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 3:58:40 PM(UTC)
earthwriter

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This is an all encompassing question so I didn't post in notebooks or handheld gadgets because it's for all of them. I'm curious if there are any members here who are mega advanced tech gadget users and have it "all" or at least have the most current upgraded gadgets that can do it "all". Since I started reading all the articles on HH about the latest upgraded systems and gadgets, I started wondering how many people actually are keeping up with this technology.
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 5:33:56 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Nope, not staying updated.

Edited by user Friday, October 28, 2016 5:34:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline dvsman  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2016 3:52:55 PM(UTC)
dvsman

Usually, I'll keep one cell phone relatively new, while the other will be a gen or two back (I have 1 personal and 1 work: Samsung S7 and Samsung S6 Edge Plus).

My main computer is usually updated every 2/3 years (running a 5930k +64gb 3200 DDR4 right now), but the graphics and storage will at most be a gen back (currently running one EVGA 1080, up from a last gen Titan X) on a Crossover 404K 4K monitor. My fastest storage is a 500gb Samsung 950 NVME on top of a RAID0 with 4x 1tb Micron 600 SSDs and 2x 3tb Seagates in RAID1 (cold storage).

I think for me my money pit would be laptops ... I get hypnotized when I hear new laptops come out / specs. I just upgraded from my boat anchor Alienware 18 (4940mx 2x980m SLI, 500gb msata + 2x 1tb Samsung 840EVO RAID0) to a much more portable Asus GL502VS ... which I then promptly upgraded the 250gb PCIE m2 to a 500gb PCIE M2 and the 1tb spinner HD to a 1tb M600 SSD. The new 1070 gpu in the laptop is amazing, even compared to the 980 SLIs in the Alienware and the thin size / weight is crazy for just a 1 gen jump.

Offline waltercarroll  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 5:34:45 PM(UTC)
waltercarroll

Man
United States

smart gadgets like the iPad, iPhone, galaxy tablet, users can easily have access to information through these smart gadgets because they use the internet. So a user on a train can easily read breaking news while traveling, they can also buy and sell stocks while in the bedroom using the internet. These smart gadgets make it easy to access the internet and this simplifies the way we get information.