Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#16 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 12:46:29 AM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sim_8_3 Go to Quoted Post
Well I appreciate the vote of confidence but as we all know by now that didn't happen, if you know of anything other giveaways or contests that I may have not entered as of yet, please don't hesitate to send up a smoke signal and let me know anyway you can including Tweet to me I'm @24strand. Thanks

Well, the MOBO giveaway is happening right now, and there'll be more contests this summer. Hold on! :D

Offline Sim_8_3  
#17 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 3:24:16 AM(UTC)
Sim_8_3

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
It's not me that has to old on it's this old beat up PC lol but thanks
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#18 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 11:52:04 AM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sim_8_3 Go to Quoted Post
It's not me that has to old on it's this old beat up PC lol but thanks

lol, nice. Don't kill it or anything xD

Offline Sim_8_3  
#19 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2016 1:19:00 AM(UTC)
Sim_8_3

United States

I'll do my best not to take too many chances, that means I can't overheat the GPU too much means not too much gaming that raises the temp consistently past 100 Cel, or it might not be able to be re-flowed and finding a replacement is very hard and costly. sad
Offline tmanvest  
#20 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2016 2:21:46 AM(UTC)
tmanvest

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
sim i think the c90s is a laptop board. It could also be a specially made board for desktops but i has unable to find one in my searches. If i could know the specific cpu model you have i may be able to assist you in an upgrade plan(i would send you a pc partpicker list). That way if you dont win the next contest you could budget and build a system to play the games you like.
Offline Sim_8_3  
#21 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2016 1:23:20 AM(UTC)
Sim_8_3

United States

Originally Posted by: tmanvest Go to Quoted Post
sim i think the c90s is a laptop board. It could also be a specially made board for desktops but i has unable to find one in my searches. If i could know the specific cpu model you have i may be able to assist you in an upgrade plan(i would send you a pc partpicker list). That way if you dont win the next contest you could budget and build a system to play the games you like.
Yes the C90S/C90P are both laptop boards technically the C90 is a Desktop Replacement given the fact that it uses a Desktop CPU. The CPU that is presently in the C90P is a Core 2 Duo E8400 3 GHZ, as for the Quad core that is supposed to work it's Xeon L5430 (2,66 Ghz quadcore with only 50w TDP needs a 771-775 adapter, no big deal there, the thing is I will be able to run a faster processor and up to 8 GB of memory, but I will still be stuck with the same old tired graphics card unless I get lucky enough to find a Nvidia 9600, supposedly better, or I'm willing to shell out over a 100 bucks to mod the heat sink cooling system of the present equipment and then I would have to shell out close to another 100 bucks for a at least 1 GB graphics card, but if the Quad Core works, at least my speed will increase and memory one I install more modules. So I realize it's more cost effective to go with a modern build, only took me 2 years to come to that realization, I'm a stubborn mule when it comes to upgrades and spending money. Anyhow there is a poor man's approach where by taking an existing small form factor PC like the Dell Optiplex 390 you can throw in a i5 processor more memory and play fall out 4 or GTA V at decent settings, but I'm open to all ideas. Thanks sorry for the late reply, been still having problems getting online and finding the time to :) Oh BTW I was incorrect it was not an external GPU that he blew it up with it was Geforce FX 3700M internal card he was trying to mod in.