stilllost
2016-04-22T23:01:35Z
That is truly a cool case!
fortunz
2016-04-23T01:55:20Z

It's long, but you can just skip to the end to see what it in action. It'd probably be easier to just 3D print an entire case (in pieces) at better dimensions than supplementing Bethesda's special packaging with 3d printed elements.

I think it'd be a great case for a set-top htpc, or heck, even if you just printed a custom one big enough to fit a roku in, it'd be a great conversation piece next to the TV.

Blackhawk8100
2016-04-23T12:35:39Z
Originally Posted by: fortunz 

It's long, but you can just skip to the end to see what it in action. It'd probably be easier to just 3D print an entire case (in pieces) at better dimensions than supplementing Bethesda's special packaging with 3d printed elements.

I think it'd be a great case for a set-top htpc, or heck, even if you just printed a custom one big enough to fit a roku in, it'd be a great conversation piece next to the TV.

I've seen that before. I think you should do both. Use both Bethesda's bomb to model off of and a 3D printed one to copy the model sort of. You would also need someone with great painting skills (Autobody shop?) to do the paintjob to make it on par with Bethesda's version. The beauty of 3D printing is you could make it larger with more holes and things so that it can fit more PC parts in it. Another use for the Bethesda bomb is the button. You could yank it and use it like a power button like they did in the video 😛

fortunz
2016-04-23T18:42:04Z
I love the cold war vibe. I like Fallout better than TES (perhaps excluding Morrowind) even though TES is often better made. Nuketown is my favorite Call of Duty map ever. If I ever were going to take the time to design and 3D print something, it would be something like this.

Maybe I could start small with a mininuke thumb drive cover.

Blackhawk8100
2016-04-23T19:15:57Z
Originally Posted by: fortunz 

I love the cold war vibe. I like Fallout better than TES (perhaps excluding Morrowind) even though TES is often better made. Nuketown is my favorite Call of Duty map ever. If I ever were going to take the time to design and 3D print something, it would be something like this.

Maybe I could start small with a mininuke thumb drive cover.

No, but that gave me a better idea. Make a mininuke launcher and the USB part is in a tiny nuke the slides out with a thumb slider 😛

James@PCPosh
2016-04-23T20:21:59Z
Well, I've got an arduino sitting around somewhere, a drimmel, some strong servos, and an abandoned dream of pursuing of a career in robotics... Here we go, I guess.
Blackhawk8100
2016-04-23T21:26:14Z
Originally Posted by: James@PCPosh 

Well, I've got an arduino sitting around somewhere, a drimmel, some strong servos, and an abandoned dream of pursuing of a career in robotics... Here we go, I guess.

Arduinos are awesome lol

fortunz
2016-04-24T00:25:41Z
Originally Posted by: Blackhawk8100 

No, but that gave me a better idea. Make a mininuke launcher and the USB part is in a tiny nuke the slides out with a thumb slider :P

Instead of a thumb slider, why not make the launcher fully functional to shoot a mininuke jump drive out when you pull the trigger? I think the USB conenctor would look bad coming out of the front of the mininuke, but not too bad sticking out of the back.

Originally Posted by: James@PCPosh 

Well, I've got an arduino sitting around somewhere, a drimmel, some strong servos, and an abandoned dream of pursuing of a career in robotics... Here we go, I guess.

That's the spirit! Sort of... :wink:

Blackhawk8100
2016-04-24T14:25:57Z
Originally Posted by: fortunz 

Instead of a thumb slider, why not make the launcher fully functional to shoot a mininuke jump drive out when you pull the trigger? I think the USB conenctor would look bad coming out of the front of the mininuke, but not too bad sticking out of the back.

Idk, it'd be weird to do either way lol

Device Unknown
2016-04-24T22:54:26Z
Originally Posted by: James@PCPosh 

Well, I've got an arduino sitting around somewhere, a drimmel, some strong servos, and an abandoned dream of pursuing of a career in robotics... Here we go, I guess.

I can make your dream come true... if you want to help a brother with a arduino problem lol This one has been busting my chops for awhile now.

Device Unknown
2016-04-24T22:57:33Z
I just thougt of something. I have a real arming fuse for a 500lb bomb that looks just like that (the bomb)). Could have a lot of fun putting a real spinning fuse on the tail of that thing.

My Dad was 22 year EOD. He likes your mod lol I'm going to be pissed if he makes me help him build one like that for him.

Blackhawk8100
2016-04-25T00:20:37Z
Originally Posted by: Device Unknown 

I just thougt of something. I have a real arming fuse for a 500lb bomb that looks just like that (the bomb)). Could have a lot of fun putting a real spinning fuse on the tail of that thing.

My Dad was 22 year EOD. He likes your mod lol I'm going to be pissed if he makes me help him build one like that for him.

My first thought was "IS IT LIVE?" Then I realized that was absurd lol The things I think sometimes, I swear. Anyways, that would be cool. You (Or your dad) must do a build log on here if you do it 😛

Device Unknown
2016-04-26T02:03:35Z
My dad is 71, knows jack about computers, but he LOVES to mod them. I just have to guide him on the computer side. ANd of course he loves everyting that goes boom.

We're actually collaborating on a huge mod now. Hoping soon to have some video and worklog put out, but I need to get the automation working first then I will.

Blackhawk8100
2016-04-26T11:58:31Z
Originally Posted by: Device Unknown 

My dad is 71, knows jack about computers, but he LOVES to mod them. I just have to guide him on the computer side. ANd of course he loves everyting that goes boom.

We're actually collaborating on a huge mod now. Hoping soon to have some video and worklog put out, but I need to get the automation working first then I will.

Awesome! Any hints you can give?

Dave_HH
2016-04-26T14:59:45Z
Checking reply notifications here. Sorry for the interruptions but this just a test. 🙂