realneil
2015-11-14T22:08:49Z
Originally Posted by: Blackhawk8100 

Acarzt, honestly, I think MD was slingshotted forward in the GPU world when they mass produced HBM memory on a graphics card first. That was a huge step for them and a gigantic accomplishment. Because of it, they are much more known and the Fury will be a popular card.

AMD was already well known,...........to most of us anyways.

That HBM memory reveal didn't translate into more sales. That is the bottom line.

NVIDIA's introduction of the GTX-980Ti on the same day ruined AMD's glory in a big way. 980Ti is faster and priced the same.

AMD may get that recognition for a new style of memory, but they still need to sell a lot more GPUs.

Blackhawk8100
2015-11-14T22:17:10Z
Originally Posted by: realneil 

AMD was already well known,...........to most of us anyways.

That HBM memory reveal didn't translate into more sales. That is the bottom line.

NVIDIA's introduction of the GTX-980Ti on the same day ruined AMD's glory in a big way. 980Ti is faster and priced the same.

AMD may get that recognition for a new style of memory, but they still need to sell a lot more GPUs.

Eh, I guess, I have been beaten many a time today xD

JJr
  •  JJr
  • 100% (Exalted)
2015-11-15T14:36:36Z
i tend to go intel for cpu and amd for gpu, they pair pretty good. next year would be very exciting. if zen is what it is hyped to be, im going amd and probably pascal. but for now intel and nvidia has the lead in terms of sales and performance.
acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2015-11-15T16:05:06Z
Originally Posted by: JJr 

i tend to go intel for cpu and amd for gpu, they pair pretty good. next year would be very exciting. if zen is what it is hyped to be, im going amd and probably pascal. but for now intel and nvidia has the lead in terms of sales and performance.

Thise two have ALWAYS lead sales, they have a strangle hold on the market. They are familiar names and their consistent performance has kept them on top... it will be hard to take their crowns...

Blackhawk8100
2015-11-15T16:30:26Z
Originally Posted by: acarzt 

Thise two have ALWAYS lead sales, they have a strangle hold on the market. They are familiar names and their consistent performance has kept them on top... it will be hard to take their crowns...

Yeah, that coupled with the fact that AMD is their only competitor and they are behind somewhat. So they will probably keep the crown.

Jay Hoff
2016-04-01T04:14:07Z
you really dont need more than midrange gear unless you want a high res screen or vr. If i were to build a new system now, i would probably go amd to save some money, while getting higher performance parts else-ware. Really i would want to see where Zen positions itself but thats still aways off. Someday i would like to make an all AMD system though.
Blackhawk8100
2016-04-01T14:29:41Z
Originally Posted by: Jay Hoff 

you really dont need more than midrange gear unless you want a high res screen or vr. If i were to build a new system now, i would probably go amd to save some money, while getting higher performance parts else-ware. Really i would want to see where Zen positions itself but thats still aways off. Someday i would like to make an all AMD system though.

Well, the decision hinges on what you plan to do with your PC.