Sharpshooterr05
2015-11-12T19:17:42Z
So, which one you guys prefer and why, that's a question I always wanted to hear people out!

That's for my future PC, depending what you guys have to say about it!

Blackhawk8100
2015-11-12T21:15:41Z
I would go with Intel, as it has better optimizations for a PC, and really don't hear about Intel CPUs being space heaters :P

For graphics cards, I would go with NVidia, I have always heard great things from them. They aren't plagued by many issues and are quite good. I could trust them.

starwhite
2015-11-12T23:19:32Z
For a new gaming PC? I would absolutely go with Intel Core I7-6700K 4.00 GHz, a dual GPU Nvidia card, a nice SSD. Say 16 GB (s) DDR 4. And you're all set!
augiearvizo
2015-11-12T23:31:12Z
I guess it depends what you want to do with the computer. I'm not sure what the cost-to-performance difference is when comparing AMD to Intel. And this time of year if you can get a super deal on computer components or built computers in general then you can be motivated to get one over the other.
Blackhawk8100
2015-11-12T23:46:12Z
Originally Posted by: starwhite 

For a new gaming PC? I would absolutely go with Intel Core I7-6700K 4.00 GHz, a dual GPU Nvidia card, a nice SSD. Say 16 GB (s) DDR 4. And you're all set!

yay! You think how I think xD

Sharpshooterr05
2015-11-13T02:43:56Z
Originally Posted by: starwhite 

For a new gaming PC? I would absolutely go with Intel Core I7-6700K 4.00 GHz, a dual GPU Nvidia card, a nice SSD. Say 16 GB (s) DDR 4. And you're all set!

For a futue gaming PC in a couple years when mine stop working correctly. I myself have a NVIDIA geforce GTX 970 and a intel core i7-4790k CPU @4.00GHZ, and I like them alot, but you know, I wanted to know what people think of AMD Product.

Blackhawk8100
2015-11-13T03:02:51Z
Originally Posted by: Sharpshooterr05 

For a futue gaming PC in a couple years when mine stop working correctly. I myself have a NVIDIA geforce GTX 970 and a intel core i7-4790k CPU @4.00GHZ, and I like them alot, but you know, I wanted to know what people think of AMD Product.

AMD is for budget builds, which you aren't really doing. Maybe a couple of 980s from NVidia or some late and great new Graphics card will do the trick. AMD processors are plagued by heat issues. Idk 😛

StaticFX
2015-11-13T03:44:08Z
amd is considered a budget build, yet the 8350 (83xx) can keep up with the i7 in many games (we are talking 5 fps difference)

as far as GPUs, Amd typically uses more power, and can run hotter (would not call it 'plagued' by heat issues) but i prefer them. Word is that the new driver system coming give the fury a boost so big that its beating the 980 ti - time will tell.

I honestly have had very few issues over the years with AMD gpus.

Blackhawk8100
2015-11-13T15:15:58Z
Originally Posted by: StaticFX 

amd is considered a budget build, yet the 8350 (83xx) can keep up with the i7 in many games (we are talking 5 fps difference)

as far as GPUs, Amd typically uses more power, and can run hotter (would not call it 'plagued' by heat issues) but i prefer them. Word is that the new driver system coming give the fury a boost so big that its beating the 980 ti - time will tell.

I honestly have had very few issues over the years with AMD gpus.

Makes sense, and AMD GPUs are alright, I would always reccomend them, but you need something cheaper to remain within an alotted money amount, go with AMD GPUs

acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2015-11-13T19:13:21Z
I always go with Intel and Nvidia myself.

BUT the landscape could change in a couple of years. AMD made the best chip PERIOD back in the days of the Athlon/Athlon XP.

But Intel took the lead and AMD has not been able to keep up. Who knows though, they could have a killer chip in the works and we could all be shocked!

ATI (before they were bought up by and renamed to AMD) even held the lead for a while. They had a better product, better drivers, better everything... but lately it's been Nvidia all the way.

Blackhawk8100
2015-11-13T21:19:48Z
Originally Posted by: acarzt 

I always go with Intel and Nvidia myself.

BUT the landscape could change in a couple of years. AMD made the best chip PERIOD back in the days of the Athlon/Athlon XP.

But Intel took the lead and AMD has not been able to keep up. Who knows though, they could have a killer chip in the works and we could all be shocked!

ATI (before they were bought up by and renamed to AMD) even held the lead for a while. They had a better product, better drivers, better everything... but lately it's been Nvidia all the way.

I don't think AMD will be able to catch up. I would be super surprised if they could 😛

acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2015-11-14T04:54:01Z
Originally Posted by: Blackhawk8100 

I don't think AMD will be able to catch up. I would be super surprised if they could :P

I would be surprised too... but hey, anything is possible!

Blackhawk8100
2015-11-14T13:33:17Z
Acarzt, honestly, I think MD was slingshotted forward in the GPU world when they mass produced HBM memory on a graphics card first. That was a huge step for them and a gigantic accomplishment. Because of it, they are much more known and the Fury will be a popular card.
acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2015-11-14T14:10:36Z
Originally Posted by: Blackhawk8100 

Acarzt, honestly, I think MD was slingshotted forward in the GPU world when they mass produced HBM memory on a graphics card first. That was a huge step for them and a gigantic accomplishment. Because of it, they are much more known and the Fury will be a popular card.

Ehhhhh I disagree, for one, they have always had a cult following and most people already know about them, but avoid them because Nvidia makes a better product.

HBM is cool and all... but it doesn't equate to performance that is leaps and bounds better.

Blackhawk8100
2015-11-14T14:38:04Z
I suppose, but is made people jump on their product 😛