viperman240
2015-10-30T00:24:35Z
Originally Posted by: acarzt 

Couple of questions and a possible solution...

Were you ever able to play the game?

What gpu do you have? Latest drivers?

Rest of your system specs?

Find the settings.xml file and rename it. Add ".bak" to the end of it.

The settings.xml is found in C:\Users\[YourWindowsUsername]\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V

Looks like you moved some stuff to a d:\ drive so modify as needed.

Then try again.

If by ever play you mean no more then 5 minutes or so than no.

I have the R9 390, I currently have the latest CAT 15.10 beta drivers, I tried the stable release and a few other drivers and its still the same problem.

My specs are:

CPU: i5 3570k

Gpu: MSI R9 390

Ram: Corsair 8GB DDR3

PSU: Corsair 650W

I'll edit the xml file in a few, as I can't at the moment.

I also found that steam page and nothing helped. I've been at this for hours and I can't figure out what the problem is.

Originally Posted by: Blackhawk8100 

Ok, in your Steam library, right click on GTA V, then go to local files, then click Verify Integrity of Game Cache. Click it and let it run, once done, re run your game. If that does nothing, reinstall the game after Uninstall.

I've tried verifying multiple times and it didn't work. Oh do I really have to uninstall the game and redownload 60GB worth of game. If I must I suppose, I'll get around to that tomorrow most likely.

Thanks for your help guys, I wasn't expecting this at at lol.

Blackhawk8100
2015-10-30T00:33:15Z
Originally Posted by: viperman240 

I have the R9 390, I currently have the latest CAT 15.10 beta drivers, I tried the stable release and a few other drivers and its still the same problem.

My specs are:

I also found that steam page and nothing helped. I've been at this for hours and I can't figure out what the problem is.

I've tried verifying multiple times and it didn't work. Oh do I really have to uninstall the game and redownload 60GB worth of game. If I must I suppose, I'll get around to that tomorrow most likely.

You could do it overnight...

acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2015-10-30T00:47:46Z
Originally Posted by: viperman240 

My specs are:

I'm hoping that the issue is just a graphics setting thay doesn't quite work is hosing you up, so "removing" the xml file will reset those settings. Try playing with whatever the defaults are if you can get that far.

I also suspect you have reused parts in a build based on the drive letter... find the steam folder and follow these steps and select your user name:

To take ownership of a file or folder

Open Windows Explorer, and then locate the file or folder you want to take ownership of.

Right-click the file or folder, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.

Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.

Click Edit, and then do one of the following:

To change the owner to a user or group that is not listed, click Other users and groups and, in Enter the object name to select (examples), type the name of the user or group, and then click OK.

To change the owner to a user or group that is listed, in the Change owner to box, click the new owner.

To change the owner of all subcontainers and objects within the tree, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.

viperman240
2015-10-30T01:19:54Z
Originally Posted by: Blackhawk8100 

You could do it overnight...

Thats what I meant. By the time it's done it'll be tomorrow. I'll start to uninstall and redownload it now.

I'm hoping that the issue is just a graphics setting thay doesn't quite work is hosing you up, so "removing" the xml file will reset those settings. Try playing with whatever the defaults are if you can get that far.

I also suspect you have reused parts in a build based on the drive letter... find the steam folder and follow these steps and select your user name:

To take ownership of a file or folder

Open Windows Explorer, and then locate the file or folder you want to take ownership of.

Right-click the file or folder, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.

Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.

Click Edit, and then do one of the following:

To change the owner to a user or group that is not listed, click Other users and groups and, in Enter the object name to select (examples), type the name of the user or group, and then click OK.

To change the owner to a user or group that is listed, in the Change owner to box, click the new owner.

To change the owner of all subcontainers and objects within the tree, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.

I followed this and nothing has changed.

acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2015-10-30T01:23:16Z
Hmmmm... sounds like a reinstall might be your last hope...

Double check to make sure you have removed any usb devices. Might also want to try a different keyboard and mouse.

You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics drivers.

Im starting to run out of ideas here lol

viperman240
2015-10-30T01:32:20Z

Double check to make sure you have removed any usb devices. Might also want to try a different keyboard and mouse.

I did all of that already as well. I even ran the game without my mouse and keyboard and I only had my controller plugged in and it still crashed.

This is extremely frustrating no other game has ever given me problems, I too have run out of ideas on what to do :angry: .

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Blackhawk8100
2015-10-30T01:36:42Z

I always do a reinstall. It is much easier and you can't fluff as much up with it.

JJr
  •  JJr
  • 100% (Exalted)
2015-10-30T03:09:12Z
though your card is the r9 390 it said in this article with your beta driver

NOTE:

We are aware that a small number of users are experiencing crashes with GTA V on some AMD Radeon™ R9 390X GPUs. We have made changes that should resolve the issue for most users. We will continue to monitor user feedback on this issue.

http://support.amd.com/e...talyst-windows-beta.aspx 

you should probably send a bug report and let them know of your issue after you think you have tried all other stuff to fix it.

stilllost
2015-10-30T05:25:18Z
Bioshock Infinite, Civ 5 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (starting the 2nd run through). Bioshock is on hold until I figure out how to kill the b.... with that crazy bird.
Blackhawk8100
2015-10-30T11:35:09Z
acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2015-10-30T15:57:27Z
Originally Posted by: stilllost 

Bioshock Infinite, Civ 5 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (starting the 2nd run through). Bioshock is on hold until I figure out how to kill the b.... with that crazy bird.

When I get stuck... I look up walkthroughs...

http://www.ign.com/wikis...ock-infinite/Walkthrough 

Good luck!

Blackhawk8100
2015-10-30T16:16:39Z
YouTube tutorials!
acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2015-10-30T16:43:28Z
Kids these days and their youtube... Yall need to learn how to read!
viperman240
2015-10-30T21:05:40Z
Here is the update on my GTAV issue.

And wouldn't you know it, I uninstalled the game and redownloaded it, and the same problem keeps happening. My last resort will be to wipe my C drive and do a fresh install of Win 7. I'm in the process of backing everything up right now.

Originally Posted by: JJr 

though your card is the r9 390 it said in this article with your beta driver

NOTE:

We are aware that a small number of users are experiencing crashes with GTA V on some AMD Radeon™ R9 390X GPUs. We have made changes that should resolve the issue for most users. We will continue to monitor user feedback on this issue.

http://support.amd.com/e...talyst-windows-beta.aspx 

you should probably send a bug report and let them know of your issue after you think you have tried all other stuff to fix it.

It says 390X I have the 390, so I'm not sure if thats what they mean. Thats a good idea, I'll send them my report now.

acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2015-10-30T22:21:14Z
You can also try installing an older driver. The newest driver isn't always the best!