Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages<1234>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline S.L Munoz  
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2015 9:00:05 AM(UTC)
S.L Munoz

Groups: Registered

Oh interesting, very detailed art. Definitely following cause of the person's ninja art. Yeah tenchi muyo was one of my all time favorite animes. Definitely glad to hear someone remembers it from way back. I have the original 13 episodes plus the additional 7 that was released in 2005.

The art style i picked for Ryoko's model is called bishoujo. Very cute looking faces with proportional body features. I'll see what i can do about Ryo oki and her ship. I'll post my progress here when i got the time aside for it.
Offline venser  
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2015 9:31:39 AM(UTC)
venser

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Myself and a few others includung her were some of the only anime fanatics growing up so we stuck together a lot. Her boyfriend is a huge video game enthusiest just like myself. We all grew up together and her BF and I helped run a Tang Soo Do dojo for a while, ahh those were the days when I had very little responsibilities, lol.

I think Tenchi Muyo was one of the first OVAs I had purchased, was like 80 dollars for a huge 3 season OVA, it was amazing. I love a lot of Sho(u)jo anime and manga. Unlike Shonen it felt like Shoujo had more of a beginning middle and end; whereas Shonen was constant action in your face with no real ending, like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece etc... I much more prefer Shoujo, not because of "fan art" hunger, but because the stories gave emotion like Clannad, Canon / Kanon, Kaichou wa Maid-Sama... the list could go one for ages. Drama with comic relief is what I like most, but there are definitely Shonen which I enjoy like Gurran Laggan, Samurai Deeper Kyo, and that list can also go on forever with that list lol.

I'm starting to ramble, but keep up the good work. It would be awesome to see a base model for Ryo Oki as a ship.
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2015 11:52:45 AM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
@SL_Munoz Are you gonna make a model of yourself? That would be neat!
Offline S.L Munoz  
#19 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2015 8:58:13 PM(UTC)
S.L Munoz

@ venser

I see. oh and it's all cool if you got a lot to say. Well my older brother was into gurren lagann, i thought it was a pretty good anime series as well. I got particularly into Tenchi muyo because of it being on Toonami. I heard though about the series 4 years before in a video game magazine called Gamefan.

I use to collect gamefan magazines for their anime section years ago, Toonami though was where i got a chance to actually see a bunch of series. My first anime series i got into seeing was DBZ and sailor moon on Fox. Tenchi muyo is an all time favorite though for me.

Edited by user Thursday, May 28, 2015 9:01:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline S.L Munoz  
#20 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2015 9:00:10 PM(UTC)
S.L Munoz

@ Blackhawk

I might consider it down the road, I don't know how accurate i would be able to make it. I have thought about countless times of making a super hero using my face. Such accuracy though would require a good rig and a lot of time invested.
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#21 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2015 9:14:23 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

Valid point
Offline venser  
#22 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 7:51:50 AM(UTC)
venser

Man
United States

Netflix has a really nice broad array of anime genre. I am not really into lolli anime, but they have some on there for some reason; I guess it's better than streaming a bunch of yaoi :P. I think a few that I have recently enjoyed were Welcome to the N.H.K., Aoi no exorcist, and Tower of Druaga. I finished them all recently, but they were very entertaining to say the least. The art on NHK is really inspiring, it changes sometimes.

I've gone through Crunchyroll and Funimation apps, they have a lot of good ones too. If you have a PC though I would highly recomend gogoanime.com. They have pretty much every anime thinkable on there for free, a lot of them do have commercials you have to sit through, but hey it's all free and more often than not in HD.

I think Dragon Ball Z is one of very few anime I can handle without subs, the voice actors all do an amazing job in the english dub. I mainly prefer all english subbed anime though, it just seems to really captivate the characters better listening to them in their original context. Voice acting is definitely a dream on the side I've had, someday maybe :P. Black Lagoon is really good in english dub, hmmm there are others, but can't think of them right now. Tench Muyo is great in english dub, never got into it in the english sub.

I can go on for pages, but I'll spare you and everyone else from massive wall of text. I love reading manga too, I can read Hiragana so I try and translate a little bit of what I read, but a lot of times they're only available in Kanji or just english translations, which is fine with me lol.
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#23 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 11:16:59 AM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

I moved on from anime, anyone watch all 3 seasons of Video Game High School on Netflix? That stuff is awesome and like only has like 10min episodes, you can catch one basically where ever xD
Offline venser  
#24 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2015 4:36:50 AM(UTC)
venser

Man
United States

Hey Munoz, how's your work going with anything graphical? Loved seeing your work, you do a great job with everything you have. Peace!
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#25 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2015 11:26:06 AM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

No one saw VGHS? It is because everyone is binge watching it now? xD
Offline StaticFX  
#26 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2015 1:08:23 PM(UTC)
StaticFX

Man
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
those are great!! Best thing I did "YEARS" ago was make some spongebob static meshes for a CTF map in UT 2K3.. (did them in Maya.. 4.5?) lol
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#27 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2015 2:21:13 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

It is good, I just took a graphics class, and that stuff is cool.
Offline S.L Munoz  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 6:15:02 AM(UTC)
S.L Munoz

Originally Posted by: venser Go to Quoted Post
Hey Munoz, how's your work going with anything graphical? Loved seeing your work, you do a great job with everything you have. Peace!

So sorry to reply a little late. I'm actually working on some concept art for my kickstarter project. I'm going over a few details with the type of weapons for the game mechanics.

I'll be uploading some of my concept art as soon as i can.

Originally Posted by: StaticFX Go to Quoted Post
those are great!! Best thing I did "YEARS" ago was make some spongebob static meshes for a CTF map in UT 2K3.. (did them in Maya.. 4.5?) lol

Thanks, there's a lot of steps to remember in graphics designing. I started out years ago just playing around with shapes. Still am but now I've progressed to a lot more complex stuff, of course i'm still working within my system's limitations and all that.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 2, 2015 6:16:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline S.L Munoz  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 6:41:51 AM(UTC)
S.L Munoz

This is the type of weapon i had in mind for my main hero.

UserPostedImage

It's Supposed to be a Drill weapon with a bayonet attachment, i still have to work on the drill attachment. it's going to use a motor as well, so i'll have to animate that in once i'm complete with the modeling.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 2, 2015 6:42:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Blackhawk8100  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 12:01:12 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

Do you have a roadmap or end goal Munoz?

Edited by user Tuesday, June 2, 2015 12:06:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Roadmap, not Roapmap