Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ThaBusDriv3r  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:38:24 AM(UTC)
ThaBusDriv3r

Groups: Registered

I currently run a standard chassis that supports six 2.5 drives, 2 air vents, and an mATX form factor. After looking at all the companies and blogs of people posting about their rigs, I seem to see a lot of people with huge, crazy, and sometimes diabolical setups using a big chassis. My question, is it the bigger the rig the better gaming experience or can standard chassis support great gaming as well and those rigs are simply just for eye candy?

Offline digitaldd  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2014 5:05:32 AM(UTC)
digitaldd

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Personally, I'm a fan of having a case that is just big enough to house what you need inside of it. With all the stuff they build into the motherboards these days and all the external ports available there is little need for a mid or full tower case. You just need a case that is big enough to house your drive(s), & video card(s) along with the CPU/RAM and power supply and keep it cool.

Offline StaticFX  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2014 6:44:15 AM(UTC)
StaticFX

Man
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)

I dont like the ginormous cases - they look cool, but just much to big to fit somewhere.

I like the standard ATX size.

Offline MADSKILLZ412  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2014 9:15:10 AM(UTC)
MADSKILLZ412

Groups:

It may sound kind of dumb, but I always use a full tower for my case. Not a super tower, as that is way too big. You never need a full tower a standard chassis should be just fine. I just personally prefer having some extra space just so I can add extra stuff to the rig in the future. I especially like having a lot of hard drive trays. If you are looking for a good Full tower chassis the one I use: http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-PHANTOM-Tower-White-PHAN-001WT/dp/B003WE9WQO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407258564&sr=8-1&keywords=nzxt+full+tower

As for a good mid tower: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Carbide-Windowed-Computer-CC-9011017-WW/dp/B008B6ONXA/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1407258610&sr=8-7&keywords=mid+tower

What it all comes down to is preference. If you like the extra space in a full tower, go for that. If you like to have an SFF gaming chassis than go for that. If you want a mid-tower rig more power to you. Just find a case look at the specs and if it has everything you need, go for it.

Offline LamboLaddy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2014 3:45:56 PM(UTC)
LamboLaddy

I would just like to say that I'm going to get a Corsair 900D tomorrow as I've officially outgrown the Air 540. I have intentions for it though, 4 way crossfire and EK liquid cooling is definitely happening.

A bigger case, on the other hand, generally brings better airflow with it, the size and the amount of fans you can fit inside one will prevent hot spots from forming up while under load, something that's imperative to someone like me running Crossfired 290x's.

Offline lordoftherigs  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2015 3:48:03 PM(UTC)
lordoftherigs

I prefer ATX cases as they're easier to cool. The bigger ones like EATX are way too much for me. Depends actually on what kind of a user you are.

Edited by user Sunday, January 4, 2015 3:49:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Blackhawk8100  
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 9, 2015 9:39:43 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I don't know if I am rehashing something or not, but it is preference. The bigger, generally the cooler (Like Keeping The Components Cool). Everything fit into a tiny space isn't great for air circulation and keeping things cool. I haven't owned a desktop or built one. I just know that maybe go one size bigger than what you need, as my mom always says,"You'll grow into it."
Offline JOMA  
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 10:04:40 PM(UTC)
JOMA

I've always used full tower cases, just much easier to work with and good for cable management. However, If I was going to do an HTPC it would be a mini-ITX.
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#9 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 10:06:28 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

Oh yeah, I don't know much about cases :p Never owned/built a good PC
Offline jokerswild  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 10:36:16 PM(UTC)
jokerswild

Originally Posted by: MADSKILLZ412 Go to Quoted Post
It may sound kind of dumb, but I always use a full tower for my case. Not a super tower, as that is way too big. You never need a full tower a standard chassis should be just fine. I just personally prefer having some extra space just so I can add extra stuff to the rig in the future. I especially like having a lot of hard drive trays. If you are looking for a good Full tower chassis the one I use:http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-PHANTOM-Tower-White-PHAN-001WT/dp/B003WE9WQO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407258564&sr=8-1&keywords=nzxt+full+tower

As for a good mid tower:http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Carbide-Windowed-Computer-CC-9011017-WW/dp/B008B6ONXA/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1407258610&sr=8-7&keywords=mid+tower

What it all comes down to is preference. If you like the extra space in a full tower, go for that. If you like to have an SFF gaming chassis than go for that. If you want a mid-tower rig more power to you. Just find a case look at the specs and if it has everything you need, go for it.

NZXT makes quality cases. I have had mine for about 6 years now and it has seen quite a few components and it's as good as new rock solid cases.

Offline venser  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 3:49:32 AM(UTC)
venser

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I always grab mid-chasis and stick with liquid cooling. And get them from #Cyberpower, it's what I've done in the past.

#HOT #Giveaway

Offline Blackhawk8100  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 7:35:53 AM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

What is with #Hot #Giveaway
Offline venser  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:21:45 PM(UTC)
venser

Man
United States

Just following some rules that apply to their giveaway which ends May 29th. They gave a list of hashtags to use, so I use them as often as I can in order to increase my chances of winning. If I could win the PC they are giving away, I would be so extatic that I don't know how I'd handle it! Either buy a budget PC, or win a really nice rig. I'm trying my luck with the giveaway first, it's just so much more affordable ;).

#Free #Win #Giveaway #CyberPower

Edited by user Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:22:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Blackhawk8100  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 10:33:04 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

That's not a rule...
Offline venser  
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2015 9:43:48 PM(UTC)
venser

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Blackhawk8100 Go to Quoted Post
That's not a rule...

True, but it gains them traffic, why not give a helping hand. If you know how to utilize it then it's a simple. I can tell from your blatant attacks you are upset about it. Considering you know how to build a bridge in Minecraft you should hop to and get over it once it's built. You've brought it to point in several other posts how it annoys you, I find it hilarious that you are still bothered by it.

#SyberVapor

=)