Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Manduh  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2014 6:00:57 PM(UTC)
Manduh

Groups: Registered
Woman
Canada

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Just about everyone who frequents Hot Hardware knows the forums have been revamped, but did you notice some of the cool features we get to use now? I will share a couple I really like and maybe after reading about them you can add yours below.

The first feature I want to discuss is the new "Thank" button. I'm going to use an older forum post to show you where it is. It's actually very easy to find, it's at the top of every user's posts.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
This button does exactly what it says. It "Thanks" the user for the post they wrote. It might have been something useful or helpful, it could have been a reply to one of your posts, or maybe it was something that just made you smile or laugh. Basically, clicking the "Thank" button lets the author of the post know you are thankful for their contribution to the forums.

Every time you "Thank" a user it will benefit you and the person you thanked by showing up on your User stats in your profile and under your posts on the Forums

Examples:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The next feature I like is the addition of user Reputations. Again this is basically self explanatory. But let me help you find this button.
It's the little green button with a plus beside the user's name on every post. Take a look...

UserPostedImage

Pressing this button will give the user a bump in their reputation. So if you like what a user is posting and you feel they deserve a positive reputation click the button so they stand out. You can see every user's reputation under their info on their posts, like this:

UserPostedImage

After a user gets a few clicks, (I'm not sure how many yet, maybe someone else knows the answer), their reputation will change, I'll use StaticFX's rep for an example. He (hopefully) won't mind since he is "Friendly". tongue

UserPostedImage

These are both great features to help members see who the respected, friendly, helpful, thankful, contributing members of the Hot Hardware community are. So get clicking those two buttons when you think someone deserves it. And get posting so you can get yourself a few "Thanks" and Reputation bumps! (You never know if maybe HH will use these stats for a future giveaway)
grin

What new features do you like?

Edited by user Saturday, December 13, 2014 6:02:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked Manduh for this useful post.
StaticFX on 12/13/2014(UTC), digitaldd on 12/14/2014(UTC), jeffery.pruett.1 on 12/16/2014(UTC), Blackhawk8100 on 5/10/2015(UTC), acarzt on 10/15/2015(UTC)
Offline StaticFX  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2014 10:31:35 PM(UTC)
StaticFX

Man
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I have a request, the "Report" button needs to be moved (If you need help I can help.. pretty sure this runs on php right?) I keep clicking it to Reply. (Im glad im friendly! lol)
Offline Manduh  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2014 10:36:28 PM(UTC)
Manduh

Woman
Canada

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: StaticFX Go to Quoted Post
I have a request, the "Report" button needs to be moved (If you need help I can help.. pretty sure this runs on php right?) I keep clicking it to Reply. (Im glad im friendly! lol)

Lol Are they getting a lot of false reports from you? haha. Just kidding, I'm sure you can cancel first.

There is a "Quick Reply" on the right side too smile
Offline StaticFX  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2014 3:43:03 PM(UTC)
StaticFX

Man
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
lol no.. the "report" screen doesnt have a "post" button so I know to cancel
Offline venser  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 9:57:13 AM(UTC)
venser

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
There are too many sub forums per forum. Seems like #HOT topics are their own discussion threads, maybe a little unnecessary

#Giveaway

hashtagginghashtags#
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 4:05:06 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I vomited a little when I saw you hashtagging hastags, or poundsigning poundsigns, or numbersigning number signs. I am making myself vomit! Oh no! xD