Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline News  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 9:31:43 AM(UTC)
News

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Many creators tend to stand behind their work no matter what field they are in. After all, Michael Bay stands behind his work on the Transformers movies, Stephanie Meyer stands behind her Twilight novels, and even Uwe Boll stands behind his game-to-movie adaptations. However, what about when it comes to a product such as bulletproof automobiles? How many people would be willing to literally stand, or in this case sit, behind their product? Well that’s what Texas Armoring Corporation president Trent Kimball did recently.

As part of a demonstration video, Kimball sat behind the wheel of an armored Mercedes-Benz SUV while an employee fired at the windshield with an AK-47. The employee fired 12 shots into the windshield as Kimball sat inside the vehicle. The video switched from an outside view to the interior, showing with Kimball sitting down and not flinching as the bullets smashed into the windshield.

Texas Armoring Corporation is based in San Antonio, Texas and prides itself in producing armored passenger vehicles that, according to them, are the lightest armored vehicles in the world. So what better way to show your confidence in a product then to risk your own life?

It certainly didn't faze Kimball who, at the end of the video, exclaimed, “That was frigging amazing. It could have taken a lot more!”

However, while the video is impressive, skeptics have claimed that it was not Kimball who was sitting behind the wheel for the entire demonstration, but a mannequin. The accusations prompted the company to upload an uncut video of the interior shot on YouTube.

What do you think of this demonstration? Would you stand behind a product that would put your life at risk?
Offline sevags  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 12:12:56 PM(UTC)
sevags

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!!! and complete huey at the same time!

Yes the video is awesome, yes the bulletproof windshield is awesome, YES that is the most awesome CEO ever!!!. But come on we all already knew that windshield would stop the bullets, it is the rest of the vehicle we are curious about!!!! Will the door take a few hits? What about the side windows? What about the tires? Is the hood or grill bulletproof so the engine can't be taken out?

Obviously they didn't want to destroy what is most likely a $200k+ vehicle just for a youtube video, but for all I know it was a normal benz that just had its windshield replaced.

Still a badass CEO though!

Offline JaysonCruz  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 1:48:13 PM(UTC)
JaysonCruz

WOW

Offline starwhite  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 1:50:27 PM(UTC)
starwhite

Man
United States
Location: Rugby ND. WE have a small Ranch house 15 miles outside of town on the open prairie.

Incredible. I like a company leader that puts their own neck on the line. This tells me he truly believes in his companies product. This is the most awesomely cool video I've ever seen. I would absolutely recommend this product with confidence to anyone. In lieu of what happened in the 1960 (s) to President Kennedy this could stop needless tragedies. Hats off to the 'Texas Armoring Corporation'! Well done.

Offline realneil  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 3:10:49 PM(UTC)
realneil

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man

Good salesmanship.

Offline CoreyNutter  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 8:27:06 PM(UTC)
CoreyNutter

put it on auto and lets see if a few hits in the same spots keep the bullets out.

Offline mhenriday  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2014 1:10:58 AM(UTC)
mhenriday

Let us say that a bullet had got through and killed Mr Kimball. What would the status of that hapless employee have been when the police came 'round to investigate the death ? Would he be charged with murder or manslaughter (hardly involuntary) ? Would «my boss told me to do it» be accepted as a defence plea ? This stunt, if not faked, was completely irresponsible - who would want to purchase an armoured car from someone with so poor judgement ?...

Henri