Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline paul  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 10:58:26 AM(UTC)
News

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
One of the few places you can go to pick up motor oil, baby diapers, shotguns, and fresh fruit in a single trip is Walmart. It's also where you'll find a bunch of Black Friday deals, provided you're willing to fight the unruly crowd. If so, here's a heads up that E FUN's newest http://hothardware.com/Tags/walmart.aspx">Windows tablet, the 8-inch Nextbook, is headed to Wally World's brick and mortar locations on Black Friday for just $99.

The device itself comes with 16GB of internal storage, though if you take advantage of the Black Friday promotion, you'll also receive a 16GB microSD card in the box, essentially doubling the device's storage capacity. Plus it comes with a 1-year subscription to Office 365 Personal, which itself includes 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage.

E FUN Nextbook 8 Windows

E FUN's Nextbook 8 sports an 8-inch touchscreen display with a 1280x800 resolution. It's powered by an Intel Atom quad-core Z3735G processor (1.8GHz to 1.83GHz, 2MB of cache), and 1GB of DDR3L RAM. Other features include a 0.3-megapixel front shooter, 2-megapixel rear camera, 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, micro HDMI output, micro USB port, headphone/microphone combo port, 3-asix G sensor for gaming, and Windows 8.1.

That's not bad for a Benny, especially since it isn't toting Windows RT, the gimped version of Windows 8 intended for 32-bit ARM-based devices. And according to E FUN, the device boasts up to 8 hours of battery life. Holiday gift idea, anyone?
Offline digitaldd  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 12:23:53 PM(UTC)
digitaldd

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Dell has a few similarly specced Venue 8 Pro's out at the moment you have to spend up to $200 though to get one with 2GB of RAM and Windows 8.1 Pro, just like with last years' model.. I think the Dell venue pro with the same specs as this still run at least $129.

Offline DanJChiccino  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 3:19:03 PM(UTC)
DanJChiccino

The Android nextbook 8 is shiiit. I bought one thinking it'd actually be a performer with its quad core cpu and whatnot, but the [censored]low res TN panel made my eyes hurt, not to mention the terrible viewing angles and 1GB of ram, weak GPU made it sluggish in games and anything intensive. Its basically trash. I can only imagine how bad it'd be on an OS with more overhead.

Offline DanJChiccino  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 3:19:04 PM(UTC)
DanJChiccino

Ohh apparently the windows one has an atom at much higher clock speeds. still limited by the 1gb of ram, though.

Offline NateKeen  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2014 12:50:57 AM(UTC)
NateKeen

Tablets aren't made for gaming. Laptops and PCs are.

Offline MarkAllison  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2014 12:50:57 AM(UTC)
MarkAllison

Not true a lot of people play games on tablets. The games are much simpler but there are tons of games. Same with phones, people play all kinds of games on their phones too. Just go on Apple apps or Google play and take a look.

Offline DanJChiccino  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2014 12:50:58 AM(UTC)
DanJChiccino

Wolf among us.

Offline JoshuaVictorGlenn  
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2014 3:47:42 PM(UTC)
JoshuaVictorGlenn

Why not spend the extra money and get the Nvidia shield or tablet?

Offline cmh627  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 7:00:06 PM(UTC)
cmh627

I always find myself drawn to these deals but then I read the limited capabilities and reality sets in