Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline News  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:26:58 PM(UTC)
News

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

When Google began offering its Drive customers a huge 1TB worth of cloud storage for just $10 per month back in March, it seemed inevitable that its competitors would soon follow-suit. In June, Microsoft was the first to do so, offering 1TB as a perk to its Office 365 subscribers. Today, Dropbox has finally joined in as well, which is major mostly because this is a company that infamously holds off on adjusting its plans even when competition heats up.

Today, the company has effectively merged all of its Pro accounts into one, offering everyone huge 1TB storage for just $10/mo. Those needing business-class features can gain the same storage plus other admin features for $15/mo.

Considering the fact that Dropbox previously charged $10/mo for 100GB of storage, to say that this shift is major would be a great understatement. Or, here's another way to look at things: Those who had access to half of 1TB worth of storage were previously paying 5x as much per month.

Personally, I am still swaying towards preferring Microsoft's offer, because it's also $10/mo and offers quite a bit more: Up to 5 users each get 1TB of space, and that fee also includes the Office 365 suite. There's no denying that many are very-much tied in with Dropbox, however, so this bump in storage - or even reduction in price for some - is no doubt going to be very welcome.

It's a well-established fact that competition is a good thing - it usually results in better services and better prices. The cloud storage business is great proof of that.

Offline altshep123  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:33:36 AM(UTC)
altshep123

Groups: Registered

The Microsoft offer is tempting, but I've been thoroughly happy with Dropbox since it's inception years ago. The 1TB update was awesome news!

Offline kelvin364  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 2:08:28 AM(UTC)
kelvin364

Groups: Registered

Dropbox is good but if you are looking for cost effectiveness or more space you can rely on Free CloudBacko according to my experience. I am using CloudBacko, it is not expensive. You can store as much TB you want to save maximum up to 100 TB of data storage. This is cost affective and free of charge up to 100 Tb. I found that my data is secured. I do not worry about leakage or any other error in restoring.