Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline paul  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:12:44 AM(UTC)
News

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Google has become quite the tease when it comes to new and highly anticipated product launches. As has been the case with previous Nexus devices, initial stock of the recently launched Nexus 6 came and went in the blink of an eye. Within minutes, Google had completely sold out of all versions of the Nexus 6, and in its place you'll now find the dreaded "Add to Wishlist" option.

There are two versions of Google's flagship handset, one with 32GB of built-in storage and the other with 64GB of storage space. Each one comes in Midnight Blue and Cloud White color options, though no matter which of the four choices you play with, you'll see a message that states, "We are out of inventory. Please check back soon." Bummer!

Nexus 6

The Nexus 6 sports a 5.96-inch AMOLED display with a 2560x1440 (QHD) resolution and 493 ppi. It's powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor and 3GB of RAM. Other features include a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera with optical image stabilization and dual LED ring flash, 2-megapixel front-facing camera, front-firing speakers, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, and of course Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box.

As an added bonus, Google is giving Nexus 6 buyers six months of free access to its Google Play Music unlimited streaming service, provided you purchase the handset by the end of the year and redeem the trial by January 31, 2015. After the six-month trial, the service runs $9.99 per month if you decide to keep it.
Offline JustinHeiden  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 10:02:24 AM(UTC)
JustinHeiden

What happened to the affordable Nexus phones? :( It's nearly as expensive as a Crapple iPhone.

Offline NickModrowski  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 11:16:42 AM(UTC)
NickModrowski

Well, looks like I'm waiting.

Offline Dave_HH  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 12:42:32 PM(UTC)
Dave_HH

Groups: Administrators, Editors, Moderator, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)

This is looking like the phone to beat at this point.

Offline rapid1  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 5:17:41 AM(UTC)
rapid1

United States

Yeah; I am debating on getting one of these or getting a Galaxy Note 4 and of course rooting it like all my other android devices so far. I think I would rather have this one but two things steer me away from it, the first is no addable memory, the second is it would be very useful to have the stylus and use it when customers sign work orders and receipts. They can and do currently just do the finger sign thing it would just be more professional if it was with the stylus. I know I could probably grab a stylus for it but it is the packaged thing.

The external addable memory thing is a big thing to me as well as I use my smart phone for everything from GPS, to accepting work orders from web initiated jobs, as well as calendars, scheduling, calculations, saving receipts, answering clients and on and on my phone is truly my computer in a holster.

Offline mernerion  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 10:46:41 AM(UTC)
mernerion

How many were released on release date? I can't believe it sold out so fast really cool