Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline News  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 10:59:51 AM(UTC)
News

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Today's Apple headlines are dominated by the iPad, but it'd be a sad thing to completely overlook another important release: OS X 10.10, dubbed Yosemite. Its release comes three months after Apple broke tradition by offering a public beta of the software, and perhaps it's that beta period that ensured that Yosemite's release could happen so early in Q4.

Like Mavericks, Yosemite is a free upgrade, but unlike Mavericks, it can upgrade from versions older than one release. In this case, any Mac running 10.6.8, 10.7, 10.8, and of course 10.9, are able to upgrade directly from within the Mac App Store. If you're not sure if your hardware is supported, Apple's provided a list to take the hassle out of guessing:

• iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
  • MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
  • Xserve (Early 2009)

Yosemite officially supported on Macs up to six-years-old? Apple deserves some kudos for that.

If you're not sure what's notable about Yosemite, and you happen to have a bit of time to kill (and a fresh cup of whatever you drink), you'll want to head here. If you happen to upgrade and have any thoughts on your experience or the OS itself, feel free to comment and let us know!

Offline Ricofrost  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 2:25:57 PM(UTC)
RiCoFrost

Groups: Registered

How can this OS be free if you cant install it on any PC?

Its not free its an update from the device you bought from them. They really need to get over this "free" BS.

Offline GeorgeMckenzieIII  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 3:13:15 PM(UTC)
GeorgeMckenzieIII

I would not wait for the points like 10.10.1

Offline hh666  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 4:18:25 PM(UTC)
hh666

Don't be such an annoying hater. I can't install Windows XP on my new Mac. That has nothing at all to do with the price. I can't install Windows 8.1 on my five-year old Mac. That has nothing to do with price. You can't install Yellow Dog Linux on your PC. That doesn't mean YD Linux is not free.

Maybe you can boycott supermarkets that advertise "Buy one, get one free!" Is it free if you have to pay for one to get the "free" one?