Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline News  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 10:16:17 AM(UTC)
News

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Motorola has announced the new Nexus 6 smartphone, which will be running on Android 5.0 Lollipop. It is the result of Motorola working in conjunction with Google’s Android team and it appears that Google is looking to directly compete with Apple on the phablet front with this new device.

Just like prior reports have said, the Nexus 6 comes with a large 5.9-inch Quad HD display, which makes it bigger than Apple’s iPhone 6 Plus by 0.4-inches. With a starting price of $649, the Nexus 6 will be sold unlocked and comes with a Motorola turbo charger that will provide six hours worth of battery life with just 15 minutes of charging.

The Nexus 6, which will be available in Midnight Blue or Cloud White, features a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera, 2-megapixel front-facing camera, 2.7GHz quad core Spapdragon 805 processor, and 3GB of RAM while offering two memory options of 32GB or 64GB. With Android 5.0 Lollipop, the new smartphone will have access to a better keyboard, feature new call and message notifications, and will support 64-bit architecture.

But Android 5.0 L won’t be on the Nexus 6 by itself. Motorola also revealed that the mobile OS will be brought to many of its other Motorola devices such as the Moto X and Moto G. However, no specific date was provided.

The Nexus 6 will be available for pre-order beginning October 29, starting at $649, and available in stores in November.

Offline sevags  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 1:48:21 PM(UTC)
sevags

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Attractive phone with interesting specs. The Turbo Charger is the best stand out feature of this device however! I imagine that it will be needed since that 4k 6' screen will be eating up a lot of power. If Motorola is serious about competing they really need to release a 4.5"~ version of this phone.

Offline Ricofrost  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 2:31:36 PM(UTC)
RiCoFrost

hmmm not bad, I have to say it would be one of my picks now. I like changing every 2 yrs and im almost due. I am disappointing with the slowness of devs regarding windows phone. Love the os however devs are just too slow in releasing apps for it. I am considering going back to android for that only reason.

Offline realneil  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 4:06:11 PM(UTC)
realneil

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man

Just got a Samsung Phone, So I'll be passing on any new phones for a few years.

This one has an elegant look and probably performs well.

Offline AllenJun  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 5:36:20 PM(UTC)
AllenJun

This phone is gorgeous, but it is way too big. I wish they would update the 5 with Turbo Charger. It looks like they are planning on selling the two side by side anyway.

Offline AllenJun  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 5:39:09 PM(UTC)
AllenJun

dont worry sevags, its 1440p, so much less in pixel count. 4k on a 6" would be ridiculous, but it is inevitable with how fast tech is evolving.

Offline NaytSantos  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 5:45:17 PM(UTC)
NaytSantos

Lewis

Offline dnw1962  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:48:13 PM(UTC)
dnw1962

Not that it is over priced considering its features but I was really hoping Google would stay with the low cost formula and price this at $499. $649 is just to much for me to spend. I had been on the fence for a nexus 5 because I knew this was coming. Now it will be a nexus 5 for sure. It's nearly half the price and still a very competitive top line phone.

Offline mernerion  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:25:54 AM(UTC)
mernerion

Well typically people don't buy a phone straight up... and if you get iton a contract it will be much cheaper