Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline News  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2013 6:28:28 AM(UTC)
News

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

AMD A85X Mobo Roundup: ASRock, Gigabyte, AsusWe have had a few weeks with three A85X motherboards, the Gigabyte F2A845X-UP4, ASRock FM2A85X Extreme4-M, and Asus F2A85-V Pro, and AMD’s top of the line Trinity A10-5800K APU, which combines 4 unlocked Piledriver CPU cores (stock 3.8GHz, turbo 4.2GHz) with an integrated Radeon HD 7600D GPU with 384 Radeon Cores at 800MHz.

We’ve written several in-depth articles on AMD’s new Virgo platform--A85X chipset, FM2 socket and Trinity APUs--covering both the basics of the new A85X chipset, as well as CPU and overclocking performance. The FM2 socket is brand new for Trinity APUs and is not backwards compatible with FM1--sorry, Llano owners...

AMD A85X Motherboard Roundup: ASRock, Gigabyte, Asus

Offline Monkeysweat  
#2 Posted: : Thursday, February 7, 2013 11:00:36 AM(UTC)
MonkeySweat

Groups: Registered

liking the gigabyte for being a HTPC/Media server,, all 3 boards have lots of sata, but even 7 ports can be low, nice to see 3 x1 slots for cheap raid cards that you can get with some wd drives..

my current setup has 5 HDD & 1 SSD but no more ports available even after adding a raidcard (dvd drive uses 1 sata as well)

Even if you choose to amp this one up a bit with a decent GPU, you would still have 2 x1 slots left, the other boards make leave you with 1 or none

Offline realneil  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2013 3:53:51 PM(UTC)
realneil

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man

Thanks for the review Nathan. These boards actually look pretty good to me. (especially the ASUS)

Was the Hybrid Crossfire tried out?

Was there any test of the PCI-E slots in Crossfire?

I have an FM1 system that works pretty good. Looks like AMD just improved on the platform.

Offline Darthlik  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 7:02:55 AM(UTC)
Darthlik

Groups ready for retrieval: Registered
You have been a member since:: 10/7/2014(UTC)

That's something I don't see tested a lot is the Crossfire performance. I'd love to see that. I'm planning on a Crossfire setup for a fully AMD build.